Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ht's clearly cheaped out with the cannon, it doesn't really have any sculpted details or paint apps. It really doesn't bother me though i love this guy, everytime i see him on my shelf next to my zerker he just screams badass!

It's not that the cannon is too small, its too thin. I think scale is pretty accurate its looks when seen at a more elevated view, but from the front and side its too thin. Mcfarlane got it right in that dep at least, where it's thick at back, but more narrow on the front tip. Ht's made it the same width completely, which is wrong.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Can't wait to get this but what's bothering me the most is the length of his hair. Looks like he had a haircut.

Witched Predator 2 on saturday with the figure on the table.

Funny the things you spot as an adult.
Somethings just don't make much sense and it's a bit sloppy compared to P1 but it was and will always be a very enjoyable movie.

I still have the lifesize carboard holographic standee from when it was released on VHS. :)

Can't wait to get this but what's bothering me the most is the length of his hair. Looks like he had a haircut.
I guess they are slightly too short, but I hadn't noticed. I imagine its the hairs in the back that should be longer, as those seem to be the ones that hang way down when pulled forward.

8482644707_8fd0f3fa8a_b.jpg

03020653022.jpg

I was (due to him being my favorite of the original movie Predators), but having him in-hand made me realize I'm kind of sick of the designs from that movie. After the original BD version, Lost, Guardian, and Shadow, it's hard for me to get too excited. Love the figure, it's just lacking the feel of a brand-new experience.

Yeah I understand. I'm not feeling him too much either to be honest. At first the accuracy issues annoyed me but now it's things like lack of hands, difficulty putting the hands on when the blades are in the way, the head falling off whenever you repose it, too small a base to put him on etc... The same BS all over again. He will be my last Hot Toys Pred until they change their ways.

Yeah I understand. I'm not feeling him too much either to be honest. At first the accuracy issues annoyed me but now it's things like lack of hands, difficulty putting the hands on when the blades are in the way, the head falling off whenever you repose it, too small a base to put him on etc... The same BS all over again. He will be my last Hot Toys Pred until they change their ways.
Yeah the base needs to go. This guy is super hefty - which is awesome - but the base can't even support his weight. And the ball grabber doesn't even fit him (hah!). A new more heavy-duty stand for predators would have been a welcome edition - and starting with City Hunter (their first 2.0 release) would have been well-timed.

Anyhow, I'm really enjoying him despite the inaccuracies and the laundry list of things Hot Toys could have done to make him a better figure.

Yeah the base needs to go. This guy is super hefty - which is awesome - but the base can't even support his weight. And the ball grabber doesn't even fit him (hah!). A new more heavy-duty stand for predators would have been a welcome edition - and starting with City Hunter (their first 2.0 release) would have been well-timed.

It was now or never. Practically, this guy really needs a better base to support his weight; suerly that's a basic required design necessity.

Seeing the prototype/inhand/reviews of this figure has made me realize that "headsculpt" is everything. If the headsculpt does not blow me away (for a $200+ figure) then I feel nothing for the rest of the figure.

I feel nothing for the pictures I have seen. Huge fan of Predator 2 but here I have zero temptation to make this purchase. If anything this figure has made me love the movie Predator design even less…..:dunno

Back