Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin goooood, except mandibles *cough*

Agreed...why couldn't Sideshow/Hot Toys just leave the mandibles the same way they were on the newer classic Predator? IMO without a doubt the best looking sculpt on any Predator especially when displaying him with the closed mandibles.

I should be receiving the City Hunter Predator in less than a Week now so I am definately excited about that...what I am not too thrilled about is how this Predator is looking on recent youtube videos and also like the ones pictured above this post. I have learned to never fully judge a particular sculpt or figure from Sideshow or Hot Toys until it is finally in my hands where I can finally see everything in person.

So far this one appears to obviously be a much better looking Predator than the original P2. Again I am not too thrilled by what I have seen when comparing to the pictures on Sideshow's website but I have waited so long for this figure so am happy to be receiving him regardless.

Thinking about it...has Sideshow or Hot Toys put out any particular Figures/Sculpts that actually compare perfectly to the original pictures from there website? Maybe the newer Classic Predator and Sideshow's PF Uruk-Hai Berserker but I cannot think of any besides those and there may be more...I still think it kind a sucks how the super preds are not super preds at all. I still love them but again...they are not super preds.

Arrived!!! What really bothers me out of the box are the closed mandibles. NEED TO FIX THAT. Very good paint job,10 times better than the old P2. A couple of quick pics.

20130207_150718_zps53769d1b.jpg

20130207_150538_zps70b80e3f.jpg

Too bad about the mandibles. :(

Thanks for sharing pics! :hi5:

Arrived!!! What really bothers me out of the box are the closed mandibles. NEED TO FIX THAT. Very good paint job,10 times better than the old P2. A couple of quick pics.

20130207_150718_zps53769d1b.jpg

20130207_150538_zps70b80e3f.jpg
two attempts.
two unknown creatures.
maybe the third one will be successfull )

Aren't those pieces fragile though? Also why do the closed mandi's even matter that much? I'm either going to pose mine with his mask (love his mask) or unmasked with open mandi's, i never use closed mandi's anyway.

Still i understand why u guys hate those closed mandi's though they inaccurate. I mean seriously all hot toys had to do was bring the 2 lower tusks together. I mean i can see reuse of the head but why couldn't they at least make new mandi's for him, they are so small and easy to make. :dunno

Aren't those pieces fragile though? Also why do the closed mandi's even matter that much? I'm either going to pose mine with his mask (love his mask) or unmasked with open mandi's, i never use closed mandi's anyway.

Still i understand why u guys hate those closed mandi's though they inaccurate. I mean seriously all hot toys had to do was bring the 2 lower tusks together. I mean i can see reuse of the head but why couldn't they at least make new mandi's for him, they are so small and easy to make. :dunno

Hot toys are busy making iron man figures, poseable 1/6 statues, stickers for iron mans hall of armor and charging ridiculous prices, hastily doing things to prevent other companies from competing with them.

New mandibles? Pfft. They got their hands full.

As far as I know, those mandibles are really dynamic in the movie so is it really that far off for a partially open look? I know I'd prefer to have a closed mandible option and HT apparently thought different but are the criticisms about them not being closed or having an inaccurate partially open look?

As far as I know, those mandibles are really dynamic in the movie so is it really that far off for a partially open look? I know I'd prefer to have a closed mandible option and HT apparently thought different but are the criticisms about them not being closed or having an inaccurate partially open look?
Correct. I don't think the closed mandibles are wrong, they're just not his completely closed look. The mandibles are the least of this figure's problems.

I've been debating getting an extra head to try and tweak the mandibles on this guy. Still haven't ordered him or anything but I think proper mandibles would really put this over the top as one of my fav's. I don't know how well a job I'll end up doing but if I buy the extra head its worth a shot.

I really thought they wouldn't screw us and after talking to my bro Violator66 they did just re-use the Shadows mandibles. Very disappointed but still like the figure.

20130208_091721_zps876123e0.jpg

Just for *****'s and giggles, I put the Classic Mandibles on him.

20130208_091807_zpsa513960a.jpg

20130208_092527_zps439f54b8.jpg

I really thought they wouldn't screw us and after talking to my bro Violator66 they did just re-use the Shadows mandibles. Very disappointed but still like the figure.

20130208_091721_zps876123e0.jpg

Just for *****'s and giggles, I put the Classic Mandibles on him.

20130208_091807_zpsa513960a.jpg

20130208_092527_zps439f54b8.jpg

:lecture What we were all speculating is confirmed.

Thanks for sharing those pics.

Back