Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, just no.:slap :monkey1

Seriously am I the only member here who actually enjoyed the first AVP movie? It seems as if I am an extremely unusual human for really enjoying this movie. Compared to the first Predator with Ahnold I mean there is no comparison...not even a comparison to the latest "Predators", yes those two are far superior...but still I enjoyed it. Call me crazy. :pow

I really enjoyed AVP too. I saw its flaws like everybody else. But i feel alot of people are not strong enough in their conviction to admit AVP is a guilty pleasure of theirs when people think its cool to bash it because its not true to the originals.

The fact all the merch sells like hot cakes is good enough to me to know im not in the wrong for liking it.

Just got a 14 days until arrival notice from Sideshow.

Same here. :cool: I was just asking myself if Sideshow/Hot toys would actually come through on their ship date for February and boom there is my 14 day ship notice. :) What is more amazing is that I will actually have more than enough money to cover paying the one time payment for this figure rather than having to switch to flex payments like usual. This running low on funds seems to be a very common side effect of adding way too many Sideshow and Hot Toys collectibles to my list of pre-orders without prior knowledge of what I have in the bank. ;)

Scar may look alot better than City Hunter but only because he is a more badass character in the Predator franchise :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuOq0Twz31w[/ame]

. . .

AvP is a nice creature feature movie and I re-watch it 1/year...
BUT it's not an actual AvP movie since it has little to none from A or P franchises.
If it was about original creatures and w/o Weyland I'd like it much more despite all the flaws and overall stupidity.

Last edited:
Seriously am I the only member here who actually enjoyed the first AVP movie? It seems as if I am an extremely unusual human for really enjoying this movie. Compared to the first Predator with Ahnold I mean there is no comparison...not even a comparison to the latest "Predators", yes those two are far superior...but still I enjoyed it. Call me crazy. :pow

I really enjoyed AVP too. I saw its flaws like everybody else. But i feel alot of people are not strong enough in their conviction to admit AVP is a guilty pleasure of theirs when people think its cool to bash it because its not true to the originals.

The fact all the merch sells like hot cakes is good enough to me to know im not in the wrong for liking it.

I like the AVP films, even AVPR, which I still love to watch that every now and then as a guilty pleasure and everyone knows of my love for Wolf.;)

On the other hand, when talking about AVP, I have to put them on a level below Predator and Predator 2 (regardless of how awesome I think Wolf is). There's just no beating or bettering the 1987 and 1990's films. No future Predator film or Predator character will ever top the original films or Predator characters.

I dont think its fair to Judge AVP by Alien or Predator standards. Because it wasnt trying to be Predator 3 or Alien 5. It wasnt even trying to be the comics despite the inspiration of them meeting. I always take the movie for what it was trying to be. A creature flick with 2 iconic creatures doing battle in a non-canon spin-off.

Wait, lets leave the AVP talk for the awesome Scar figure!

In the meantime, where is the p2 pics?!

It's a strange one, they're usually out in Hong Kong several weeks before Sideshow gets them.:dunno

My seller is in Hong Kong, hopefully get mine early...maybe? hopefully =P Wanna see some pics though, been waiting wayyy too long for this guy.

tumblr_mce57ehb1c1qlsxj0.gif

I like the AVP films, even AVPR, which I still love to watch that every now and then as a guilty pleasure and everyone knows of my love for Wolf.;)

On the other hand, when talking about AVP, I have to put them on a level below Predator and Predator 2 (regardless of how awesome I think Wolf is). There's just no beating or bettering the 1987 and 1990's films. No future Predator film or Predator character will ever top the original films or Predator characters.

:thud: seriously, predator is a timeless classic i will not argue there, but predator 2 is in no way in a level above the avp movies, it is a cheesefest, dont get me wrong i still love it(its the first time i saw a chick full frontal in a movie :lol) its got a lot of great moments and paved the way for my favorite genre in the predator universe(avp) but i put avpr on a higher level then p2, cooler predator design and better predator acting imo. With these movies its all about the preds to me, i can ignore a lot of bad script to watch cool pred scenes, like jamacin vodoo posse's :lol or teen luv triangles :lol But to each their own, i guess :peace Oh make sure someone posts some pics as soon as you get this guy, i still havnt got my email from sideshow yet :gah: :impatient: :lol

:thud: seriously, predator is a timeless classic i will not argue there, but predator 2 is in no way in a level above the avp movies, it is a cheesefest, dont get me wrong i still love it(its the first time i saw a chick full frontal in a movie :lol

:rotfl

Same here probably. I remember thinking the film was proper hardcore because of that.

Back