Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irrespective of money concerns I do see the cheaper option as more accurate however I don't want to get into another comparisons debate about it, no good comes of that.

I see kids toys when I look at them. I certainly don't see a super accurate representation of the figures they're supposed to represent -- and they all have this weird 'cowboy' stance with little variation to them. They're just boring and have little shelf presence to me. But that's another story...

I know what you mean about the cowboy stance, particularly the P2 and the Losties, their arms can't sit close by the figures sides at all. As for the rest, well needless to say I disagree.

:offtopic: Before P goes psycho and starts spamming NECA rants. :lol

Newsreader-And-Samuel-L-Jackson.gif

:lol

But isn't the BD P2 too expensive now?
The body on the new one is not the issue but the head. So maybe you only need to look for the BD head, I would do that.

Thats what i was thinking, getting a BD head and repainting it for the new body Plus also buying the TD mask. Also what is that mask people go on about that is the most screen accurate mask for P2?

Yeah i know about TD's bio helmet for the P2, but me and EndIessRaln were talking about some guys bio which is the most screen accurate bio for the HT P2. The only problem he said was that it cost about $100 - $150 to get.

Over the last few months, I've come to the realization that the finishing matters most to me (paint apps, overall quality, etc.). Kyle Windrix is a sculpting god and I long to see the day where companies from across the collectible spectrum commission him (including a certain Hong Kong-based manufacturer that goes by the name of Hot Toys), but the first thing I notice on a figure is the finish. A millisecond later, the sculpt hits me, but it can be forgiveable if they polished the hell out of it with heaps and heaps of excellent paint.

A great P2 figure, this is not. But a great-looking figure, this is.

If HT ever puts out their own 1/4 version of this guy with an improved sculpt (which will probably happen, just not for a few years), I'll gladly drop the 1/6 version. Until then, this will have to do. I say this having owned the BD P2 and while I loved that figure, it did look quite toyish. That was never an issue until the new 'Predators' line was launched, when we found out they could finally do better in terms of getting their figures to be lifelike.

It's also fair to mention that I am loving my cloaked NECA P1 and P2 figures.

Over the last few months, I've come to the realization that the finishing matters most to me (paint apps, overall quality, etc.). Kyle Windrix is a sculpting god and I long to see the day where companies from across the collectible spectrum commission him (including a certain Hong Kong-based manufacturer that goes by the name of Hot Toys), but the first thing I notice on a figure is the finish. A millisecond later, the sculpt hits me, but it can be forgiveable if they polished the hell out of it with heaps and heaps of excellent paint.

If HT ever puts out their own 1/4 version of this guy with an improved sculpt (which will probably happen, just not for a few years), I'll gladly drop the 1/6 version. Until then, this will have to do. I say this having owned the BD P2 and while I loved that figure, it did look quite toyish. That was never an issue until the new 'Predators' line was launched, when we found out they could finally do better in terms of getting their figures to be lifelike.

:lecture:goodpost::lecture:goodpost:: :hi5:

im gonna get this one since the battle damage p2 is very expensive, im happy that hottoys is remaking.the old versions waiting for avp preds hahahaha

I couldn't agree more! I love the overall look and feel of this P2 especially with the new HT Predator body. Even though it is not the most accurate P2. I'm still looking forward to this figure despite that I already got the earlier released normal version.

I couldn't agree more! I love the overall look and feel of this P2 especially with the new HT Predator body. Even though it is not the most accurate P2. I'm still looking forward to this figure despite that I already got the earlier released normal version.

yups,
let's hope HT will fix the figures on the final products :hi5:

anyway just want to share the P2 BD :peace

557679_10150714776464494_555496350_n.jpg

Back