Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you ordered both from CornerStoreComics? Do you think you'll ever be ordering from them again? Their customer service people seem really nice and their prices are fair, but when I placed my order for Fury, I didn't know that they were sorta "at the back of the bus" as far as WHEN they got their Hot Toys products and shipped them out.

I'll have to remember to make sure that anyone else who asks about them knows that. I would have no problem ordering in-stock items, but I really don't dig waiting one month+.

Their website says early September. I'm really looking forward to this because I put the Red Skull in the same order and they are waiting to ship it with Nick Fury. I don't think I've ever gotten two HT figures in a single day before.

So you ordered both from CornerStoreComics? Do you think you'll ever be ordering from them again? Their customer service people seem really nice and their prices are fair, but when I placed my order for Fury, I didn't know that they were sorta "at the back of the bus" as far as WHEN they got their Hot Toys products and shipped them out.

I'll have to remember to make sure that anyone else who asks about them knows that. I would have no problem ordering in-stock items, but I really don't dig waiting one month+.

Its odd, usually CSC is one of the first retailers to get shipments from SS. I'm not sure what happened with Fury. Usually BBTS is the last to get theirs.

I preordered the Tron: Legacy light cycle from CSC and I had received it before a lot of people who did on the message board thread where we were discussing it.
I've preordered a bunch of stuff through CSC and paid in full in advance for them and have never had an issue. I like that they are only a couple of states away from me and I often save between $5-$15 a figure if I order from them over Sideshow. I don't mind waiting a little extra for figures because I do believe if you get a figure towards the end of the run chances are any issues QC detecst at the beginning of a run get tweaked or dealt with later in the run.
With the first HT Captain America, I received the extra ankle pegs which helped make the figure as tall as I thought it should be. I was under the impression that if you were one of the first to receive the figure those pegs weren't included. I do think patience can pay off in this hobby.

I preordered the Tron: Legacy light cycle from CSC and I had received it before a lot of people who did on the message board thread where we were discussing it.
I've preordered a bunch of stuff through CSC and paid in full in advance for them and have never had an issue. I like that they are only a couple of states away from me and I often save between $5-$15 a figure if I order from them over Sideshow. I don't mind waiting a little extra for figures because I do believe if you get a figure towards the end of the run chances are any issues QC detecst at the beginning of a run get tweaked or dealt with later in the run.
With the first HT Captain America, I received the extra ankle pegs which helped make the figure as tall as I thought it should be. I was under the impression that if you were one of the first to receive the figure those pegs weren't included. I do think patience can pay off in this hobby.

This came out? I heard last month it was pushed back again?

Well that actually makes me feel better. I really WANT to like CSC. I get the feeling that they are a relatively small operation with slim margins, and whoever is working there and running it isn't making a killing. They're probably doing it because they enjoy the hobby. I want to support small companies like this.

I feel all wishy washy. And I want my toy. ;)

:panic:
I need a chill pill. Or some surrogate thereof.

I've preordered a bunch of stuff through CSC and paid in full in advance for them and have never had an issue.

396376_406902249365018_596161833_n.jpg

Ha! I appreciate the sentiment. If you feel like poking your head in there and just politely asking WTF is up with their allotment of Nick Fury, that would be totally rad. Mathematical even.

I can't give you this case, it don't belong to me. Besides, I've already been through too much **** this morning over this case to hand it over to your dumb ass

IMG-20120903-00053.jpg

Describe to me what the Hulk Looks like !!

IMG-20120903-00055.jpg

Hes Big......

GO ON !!!!!!

IMG-20120903-00064.jpg

Hes Green...~

Does he look like a b*tch?

IMG-20120903-00060.jpg

WHAT?????????

IMG-20120903-00063-1.jpg

Fury is available again at BBTS for $199.00

Thats troubling they're already scalping him. If my memory serves me right, they've been known to cancel pre-orders at the pre-order price saying 'we didnt' get our allotment' and then turn around and sell the figures they got at a higher price. So if anyone ordered any Avengers from them, its probably best to look elsewhere so you don't end up with that scenerio.

Back