Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark-1_Comparison_zps01858e56.jpg

Now in this pic the old Mk looks smaller than the new Mk.... :gah:

So I just got mine, and the light on his chest flickers. I can move it around and mess with the wires and then sometimes it'll shine normal. Then the slightest movement and it's flickering again. I know it's the wiring, but what should I do? Getting a replacement feels like a shot in the dark since there's no clue if that'll have a problem too. UGH. I'm getting so sick of Hot Toys and QC problems. WTF at $220?!

i received mine and was amazed by the packaging. I've purchased over a dozen figures from HT over the last year so I am still new, but this is the first that I've experienced with twisty ties holding the figure in place and a strip which I assume is to prevent paint smudges to the head sculpt located on that little plastic guard to hold it in place.

Not bad though overall. I wish he came with a light-up base like the other Mark armors have so now I need to drop more $ to secure one just so he matches my display.

I'm a little befuddled by that as well. It *seems* like the rocket can be removed, as it wiggles a little bit. But I'm skeered of pulling too hard on it, and I'm not sure which direction it should be yanked.
(and yes, I purposely loaded that reply with innuendos)
;)

Actually, I have seen a few videos of this. the rocket cannot be removed, it has a spring that can have the rocket be tucked underneath, so that the compartment may close properly.

Got my tracking number from UPS. It'll be here waiting for me friday when I get home from work. I've got people at work waiting for me to bring it in for them to see.

Not without a picture it doesn't. :D
AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh just got mine out to take the picture and its GONE! I only had it out to change the hands last week and was just checking that part and wondering what the fuss was all about and it gave me sense of my MK1 being different from the 2.0 So the guy who also does not have one on theirs, yours has probably fell off to.
Im actually a perfectionist so will now have to sell this as this will bug the hell outta me :gah:

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh just got mine out to take the picture and its GONE! I only had it out to change the hands last week and was just checking that part and wondering what the fuss was all about and it gave me sense of my MK1 being different from the 2.0 So the guy who also does not have one on theirs, yours has probably fell off to.
Im actually a perfectionist so will now have to sell this as this will bug the hell outta me :gah:

Nah, I think I see what's happening here. The same way Hot Toys went back and changed the stats about the black stand on the 2.0 release, they are not breaking in people's home and altering version 1.0 to match version 2.0. It's the only plausible explanation.

Did I imagine it :cuckoo: I was 100% sure mine had it, but now I look at 2 different reviews on youtube and theirs dont!
Can someone else with MKI 1.0 have a look to and see if theirs is the same :dunno

Nah, I think I see what's happening here. The same way Hot Toys went back and changed the stats about the black stand on the 2.0 release, they are not breaking in people's home and altering version 1.0 to match version 2.0. It's the only plausible explanation.

LMAO its weird mate, I was sooooo sure mine had it, I actually remember fiddling with it the other week thinking to myself its only a little piece of plastic but makes it different from the 2.0

Okay, how'd you rotate/lift the arm so high? I just can't see how it's done. There's so much machinery around the shoulders and I don't wanna break anything. Ideally, you could make a short video.....hint hint.
:)

I had the exact same issue, it's just the same as Thor's hammer, it's a balance issue. However if you can adjust it you can get something right.

Here's mine.

Maybe the first batch HT made which was sold in HK first had that "ring" on the right arm and the batches that were sold and shipped to the rest of the world didn't have them.

QC issue I think.

Okay, how'd you rotate/lift the arm so high? I just can't see how it's done. There's so much machinery around the shoulders and I don't wanna break anything. Ideally, you could make a short video.....hint hint.
:)

Don't worry you won't break it, just be gentle and don't force anything. The stuff around the shoulders moves just fine if you are gentle.

Back