Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think HT have missed a big thing with this, they should have included some kind of way to take Tony out of the suit so you can truly display it in a Hall of Armour!

Buy if you want. Don't buy if you don't want. People should try not giving a ____ what others say, or at least stomach it without getting personal and super worked up :lol

Far be it me telling people what to buy, I typically don't care. Only discouraging thing I see with this is that I strongly dislike RDJ as Iron Man..... despise his likeness actually :lol

What bothers me is that it's a waste of a HT release (IN MY OPINION) and was simply venting on that. People are free to do what they want to do...and if it's buy ____ty re re releases of the same figure be my guest. But there's so much more to collect at 1:6 why waste the time and resources on such BS HT 'marks'eting.

One change I sure would liked to have seen is make it a DX version, meaning add the PERS eyes system. That would have been awesome.

What bothers me is that it's a waste of a HT release

You're letting yourself be bothered by something that is actually driving the hobby forward then. Re-release = easy money for HT = better R&D + other licenses. It's not BS at all but sound business strategy.

One change I sure would liked to have seen is make it a DX version, meaning add the PERS eyes system. That would have been awesome.

"Awesome" like it was on Indy? :lol

Remember, HT already messed this sculpt up once, do you think they really want to risk striking out twice if the PERS implementation turned out badly? Besides, the vast majority of buyers will be displaying this with the helmet closed rendering a PERS feature pretty pointless anyway.

How many people are really going to display this with the Tony Stark headsclupt in plain view let alone mess about with the eyes?

Everyone wants every figure to be a DX these days even when 9 times out of 10 it's totally unnecessary :rotfl

"Awesome" like it was on Indy? :lol

Remember, HT already messed this sculpt up once, do you think they really want to risk striking out twice if the PERS implementation turned out badly? Besides, the vast majority of buyers will be displaying this with the helmet closed rendering a PERS feature pretty pointless anyway.

Well, I didn't know that you had taken a poll to determine that "the vast majority of buyers will be displaying this with the helmet closed". Spitting out generalizations neither impresses me nor imparts intelligence, so do us all a favor and refrain :nono.

Sweet! Thanks a lot pal! I still think the original mark I is awesome! The mechanism on the back is much more complicated compare the the 2.0

Examine the details carefully. It's the more weathered look that gives an impression of more detail.

How many people are really going to display this with the Tony Stark headsclupt in plain view let alone mess about with the eyes?

Everyone wants every figure to be a DX these days even when 9 times out of 10 it's totally unnecessary :rotfl

Please read my last post...enough said :nono.

I'd love to have PERS on a DX Mark 1, because of all the cool places Tony could look. "Hey, I'm looking to the side of the cave!" and "Checkit, now I'm looking to the other side". Yep, PERS would be awesome.

I think HT have missed a big thing with this, they should have included some kind of way to take Tony out of the suit so you can truly display it in a Hall of Armour!
:exactly:
I mentioned that HT should have made the first Mk.I a little taller. A reply was made stating that the TT body inside dictated the height of the overall Mk.I figure.
My response to that was, if the figure can't be removed from inside the armor, then they could have easily separated the TT body somewhere around its chest (where any alterations of the TT body can't be seen). The armor can be built to it's correct height.

OR

HT should have built each successive armor (Mk.II, III, IV, etc.) in relation to the size of the Mk.I.

Now, here's why:

If HT does go ahead and releases the Hall of Armor accessory, the height inaccuracy will be very obvious.

Well, I didn't know that you had taken a poll to determine that "the vast majority of buyers will be displaying this with the helmet closed". Spitting out generalizations neither impresses me nor imparts intelligence, so do us all a favor and refrain :nono.

Would you like us to take a poll of this, or would you just like to sort through owner photos of the previous Mk I and see how it's most commonly displayed?

I've personally never seen anyone display their MI with the face shield up...PERS would be pointless imo...

:exactly:
I mentioned that HT should have made the first Mk.I a little taller. A reply was made stating that the TT body inside dictated the height of the overall Mk.I figure.
My response to that was, if the figure can't be removed from inside the armor, then they could have easily separated the TT body somewhere around its chest (where any alterations of the TT body can't be seen). The armor can be built to it's correct height.

OR

HT should have built each successive armor (Mk.II, III, IV, etc.) in relation to the size of the Mk.I.

Now, here's why:

If HT does go ahead and releases the Hall of Armor accessory, the height inaccuracy will be very obvious.

Too true mate! :goodpost:

I find it interesting why HT hasnt really gone for it with this. They had a really good opportunity to make a good figure great but they're way wide of the margin for me. The head sculpt is a phenomenon improvement yes, but the figure itself has barely changed. Now I know it's the same figure they're making so nothing too drastic is going to be altered but I just don't think the detail is that good. Maybe it's just me? Plus the issue with the height.

The original price on the SL300 was only about 7 grand, we're not talking inflated collector's market eBay prices :nana:

The price of a 1956 Corvette was $3,120. How much does a Corvette cost today? You need to factor in the inflation, to understand how much the money is actually worth, too. Now Corvettes cost more like $50,000, because money isn't worth as much due to inflation. That's the money worth about 19X less than in 1956. $7,000 x 19= $133,000. Therefore the original 1956 Gullwing would be at least $133,000 today, if not more. Even dealing in base prices, the cars aren't as far apart as they would seem. You could buy a comic book for 10 cents, but now comic books cost $3. $7,000 x 30= $210,000. As far as comics are concerned, the money is worth 30X less. Money is worth less today, so the prices of things a long time ago aren't as cheap as you might think.

Last edited:
The price of a 1956 Corvette was $3,120. How much does a Corvette cost today? You need to factor in the inflation, to understand how much the money is actually worth, too. Now Corvettes cost more like $50,000, because money isn't worth as much due to inflation. That's the money worth about 19X less than in 1956. $7,000 x 19= $133,000. Therefore the original 1956 Gullwing would be at least $133,000 today, if not more. Even dealing in base prices, the cars aren't as far apart as they would seem. You could buy a comic book for 10 cents, but now comic books cost $3. $7,000 x 30= $210,000. As far as comics are concerned, the money is worth 30X less. Money is worth less today, so the prices of things a long time ago aren't as cheap as you might think.

You do know the remark about eBay collectors prices was a joke? :wink1:

Too true mate! :goodpost:

I find it interesting why HT hasnt really gone for it with this. They had a really good opportunity to make a good figure great but they're way wide of the margin for me. The head sculpt is a phenomenon improvement yes, but the figure itself has barely changed. Now I know it's the same figure they're making so nothing too drastic is going to be altered but I just don't think the detail is that good. Maybe it's just me? Plus the issue with the height.

One of the major reasons why im not getting this :thud:

I tried to watch some parts of IM 2008 again
I noticed that it seems HT left out some armor plating
and decreased some plate sizes to allow better articulation

Picture3.png

396238_10150468677672344_58690437343_8890249_1118309402_n.jpg

Picture1.png

390093_10150468676652344_58690437343_8890239_609412945_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back