Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pfft, i can get a new one for half price.:lecture

Btw, Mercedes should consider remaking this car. It would be a good business decision. Just update the suspension and blam.
Mercedes-Gullwing-300sl-1.jpg

That car is uncomfortably hot inside, and is awkward to get into because of the large sills. It isn't the fastest car in vintage racing. The Corvettes are MUCH faster. Plus, the safety standards are much higher today, not to mention emissions. Mercedes could not build that car today. It would be too uncomfortable, underpowered, and not safe enough. It is a gorgeous car, though.

For a figure with very little overhead on Hot Toys part (as all of the engineering, molding etc was factored into the cost for the first release), how is $220 before shipping reasonable? :dunno if anything, this release ought to cost less than the original.

After looking at the details of the 2.0, it is a different mold, at least on a lot of the parts. It is a new sculpt of the armor. Look very carefully at the detail on the edges and the shape of the molded welding lines, and the shape of the hinges. The little details are rather different. The hinges on his shoulders on the new one are more rounded looking, while the original is flat and boxy.
Because of this, the overhead on this figure is not much lower because of the first release.

Last edited:
I don't think I would get this if I still had my Mark I, no point. But, if you don't have one, this is a must! The price is reasonable given how much Mark I's were going for on ebay. I sold too early! I will be happy to own the Mark I again. I would caution people in buying too many of these to flip because we don't know how many will be flooding the market. Usually they are sold out after they ship and this one is being released in the 3rd quarter. It would be nice to know what the edition # is.

What would be the point of buying this to flip when the sole reason it now exists is because of flippers of the original, if they do it'll just result in a 3.0 and less new figures.

This time HT will make tons more i don't imagine this will be hard to find in a year from release.

I really wanted to get this but I guess I'm passing because TDKR is priority for me and the figures from that will probably be coming out around that time. This is just too much to add on. :(

I really wanted to get this but I guess I'm passing because TDKR is priority for me and the figures from that will probably be coming out around that time. This is just too much to add on. :(

Yea that is true. I also am really thinking about this. But might as well preorder just incase. If not then you can always cancell. Thats what i might just do.

^^
Not much of a difference is there but we kind of knew that was going to be the case. The original was already impressive. Anyone who owns the original getting this?

The headsculpt is the greatest improvement. Makes that original sculpt look like another being completely.

They have given the back of the figure a resculpt and I do love that flame accessory. The base is also a kick ass addition

:exactly::goodpost:

50% of the whiners will end up buying this regardless. :rotfl Complaining is simply the 1st step of the buying process for them.

Like DX Indy- 80% of whiners will buy it...you are RIGHT- part of their shopping process!:exactly:

I prefer the 2 tone finish on the original back pack over the new one with everything just mostly one solid bronze color (look at the canister clasp and also the 3 pronged wheel as examples).

Buy removing the silver finish, version 2.0 doesn't look as though it was built in a cave as much as 1.0 does.

Does that make any sense to anyone. :lol

Regardless, I missed the original release so my complaint is irrelavent, 2.0 is a must own.

Headsculpt is awesome.

Yet I almost wish they had just left everything else alone other than the headsculpt.

Then again I could be wrong, it could just be the lighting and who knows, he might have more detail than the first that i'm missing. :dunno

Will be interesting to see how they make the box for this. The first release's box was pretty awesome. I just hope they don't make it plain like the cardboard shoeboxes like Mark IV Secret Project or War Machine Special Edition's.

Will be interesting to see how they make the box for this. The first release's box was pretty awesome. I just hope they don't make it plain like the cardboard shoeboxes like Mark IV Secret Project or War Machine Special Edition's.

The original will probably remain the better designed box.

Both will protect the figure the same, but art style I wouln't hold my breath on 2.0 box being better.

Back