Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The P2 skulls are intended to go on the same wall though, so they really are meant to go together just like the Iron Man stuff. And I guess the Predator could hold a skull (so he could "use" it), but an Iron Man could also hold the hologram and pretend it is coming out of his hand or something. In both cases, these are essentially props that fit together on the screen and don't make as much sense just sitting around on the floor next to the figure.

BTW, the regular is $200 on BBTS.

I stand by my statement, any predator can use the Skulls and it'll look good and be in-keeping with the tribal culture/characters, usable for all...

img1302qt.jpg

Only a plain Tony Stark can use these holograms and have it look right.

Doesn't really matter anyway, they're only the Ex's, but it is a Hasbro type thing to do to try and get people to collect 'em all.

Guys it's not neccessary to say you got the Ex, it's not like you have a choice with SSC anymore.

Ordered. And re-ordered the Mark II AU. Then the plan is to see how the Avengers Mark looks, and decide if I want that or wait for IM3 to get a definitive 'red & gold' Mark..

:lecture Looking at these pictures I would agree. I do think, however, that it might be the poses and angle of the shot.
except that the armor looks exposed in ALL the pics, from MANY angles. unless improved before release, v1 now looks better than v2, faceplate down, of course.

The head looks lower into the armour on the original whereas the new one it's higher from the shoulder.
the brown suit is sticking out in so many areas in this new armor. if tony were to wear this in the film, he wont get to make his red and gold suit.

So much for the whole, "two sculpts is why Red Skull is more exoensive than Cap" debate, this is another $10 apparently and comes with just the one HS.

That point might be relevant if this were a basic clothed figure, but this figure requires a lot more molds, tooling and complicated paint apps. Regardless if they are recycling molds from the previous release, they still have to produce everything.

Also all likeness fees are different.

The MK III
The MK III Battle-Damaged
The MK IV
The MK VI

Not definitive enough for you? :slap
i think of them all lacking as a fig. that's why i still dont own a single red and gold mark. i'm with KBA, i'll wait for a better version from the next films. the ht's mark IV beats all the rest though.

That point might be relevant if this were a basic clothed figure, but this figure requires a lot more molds, tooling and complicated paint apps. Regardless if they are recycling molds from the previous release, they still have to produce everything.

Also all likeness fees are different.
this fig used 90% of the same molding from v1. so no need to make new molding templates, & less to pay the sculptor. i'd say this lalla is why the v2 is priced as much. and we see it too in the final painted fig. such brilliant improvement in the paint app it renders v1 absolete.

i'm, of course, just mocking ht's way of hyping the fig with lalla. now we see it's all just empty hype.

Wow, I can't believe I just payed $219 for a Mark 1 when just 7 months ago I almost payed triple that but thankfully came to my senses after wife threatened castration.

$219.....Mark 1....I WIN :yess:

Let me say that again...$219 for an HT Mark 1! :yess:

Hold on, one more time.....$219.....Mark 1! :yess:

One more time.....:lol

i think of them all lacking as a fig. that's why i still dont own a single red and gold mark. i'm with KBA, i'll wait for a better version from the next films. the ht's mark IV beats all the rest though.

No offense dude, but if your not happy with four existing red & gold suits made so far, that's your problem.

HT shouldn't be making anymore of them when other licenses only have 2-3 figures in total with many characters left without one figure at all, let alone the 20 odd figures the Iron Man license has had, with more than half of them being the same character.

Wow, I can't believe I just payed $219 for a Mark 1 when just 7 months ago I almost payed triple that but thankfully came to my senses after wife threatened castration.

$219.....Mark 1....I WIN :yess:

Let me say that again...$219 for an HT Mark 1! :yess:

Hold on, one more time.....$219.....Mark 1! :yess:

One more time.....:lol

I agree completely...:lol :clap

I kinda agree. But that mindset is flawed. There will ALWAYS be a better anything on the horizon. Technology improves all the time. I also collect Marvel Legends, which are 6". I love them and think they are great quality. However, I also love the 90's figures that were 5". The quality on the 5" was crap compared to marvel legends. But I still lov ethem and collect them.

I personally don't want to constantly be looking forward to what MAY be coming. I want to enjoy whats going on now and appreciate what went on in the past.

Back