Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great photo. Now let's see moar! So far your build sounds the most doable on my non-existent budget! Can anyone recommend a good period-correct Luger to go with the Schmidtt version? Just a plain pistol, but nice detail would be a big plus.

I want to get this guy but I don't think it's worth $200. I am hoping still available around Xmas and retailers give crazy deals like last year. Then I'd pick it up, it looks brilliant....

I want to get this guy but I don't think it's worth $200. I am hoping still available around Xmas and retailers give crazy deals like last year. Then I'd pick it up, it looks brilliant....

Thats why you get the extra parts to make a second figure. I got two figures for under $300. Thats under $150 per figure :rock

When I received my Skull, his pants were stained. I've since gotten a replacement, but was wondering if anyone who's done so already might have any advice before I try to swap the pants and redress him.

Got my spare red skull jacket in the post today (the grey one) and gone crazy with the scissors, i think i've gotten the collar where i want it, i just didn't like how the trench coat bulged around the neck. I may still take the shoulder pads out of the trench coat

Now i'm debating whether to throw this onto my Red Skull or buy the spare parts to have a red skull and Scmidt

Hmmmm

4EC59FD7-F628-422A-85E1-A01AECA17A41-102-00000001FBABCA52.jpg

Saw this set in person a week ago and it was really impressive. Especially liked the RS sculpt and that black leather jacket.

I got a TrueType slim figure for a reasonable price, so now I can display him both ways:

redskull3.jpg

I picked up the following items for him from Toy Soldier Brigade for about $11:

DRAGON German M35 Field Blouse (Hubert Metzger)

Dragon German Officer/Calvary Boots

Dragon German M42 Panzer Trousers - Black (Oblt. Ernst von Bauer 2)

Awesome pic:clap I have been wanting this amazing figure for a while now but could'nt spend the money until now, Just ordered mine from bbts:yess: I canceled three great figures off pre-order to justify ordering this, I canceled ht gorden, ht mark 1 2.0, and ss snake eyes:( although they were nice figures they were not must haves for my collection but redskull is. I have been cutting back on my collecting ht's figures due to there ever high prices. I think this red skull is a good value for the two head sculpts I will due what many are doing just pop one head on a truetype and display them both, I have a few truetypes still in package I will pop one open he he arrives:) can't wait:impatient:

Just goT my red skull i've been putting together since he was dissentegrated or dissapeard from the movie anyway Great figure..I would love to see more of red skull in another movie sometime...

Last edited:
Awesome pic:clap I have been wanting this amazing figure for a while now but could'nt spend the money until now, Just ordered mine from bbts:yess: I canceled three great figures off pre-order to justify ordering this, I canceled ht gorden, ht mark 1 2.0, and ss snake eyes:( although they were nice figures they were not must haves for my collection but redskull is. I have been cutting back on my collecting ht's figures due to there ever high prices. I think this red skull is a good value for the two head sculpts I will due what many are doing just pop one head on a truetype and display them both, I have a few truetypes still in package I will pop one open he he arrives:) can't wait:impatient:

Wow....those were three great figures you canceled there....I applaud your courage to do such a thing.

Just goT my red skull i've been putting together since he was dissentegrated or dissapeard from the movie anyway Great figure..I would love to see more of red skull in another movie sometime...

I'd be surprised if he wasn't in Captain America 2 or another sequel. Avengers just proved the Cube transports things rather than disintegrating them. So he got beamed somewhere or sometime rathert than dying. I'd like to see him and Zola (now in robot form) back.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't in Captain America 2 or another sequel. Avengers just proved the Cube transports things rather than disintegrating them. So he got beamed somewhere or sometime rathert than dying. I'd like to see him and Zola (now in robot form) back.

Agreed. Though I will admit it would be pretty funny to see robot Arnim Zola IRL. I know they'll find a way to "bad-assify" it though.

Even without the Avengers to show exactly what the cube does, it always seemed pretty obvious to me that Skull was transported somewhere, the giveaway for me was the big beam from where he was stood that seemed to shoot off into some galactic distant cloud

Very similar to the Asgard visuals from Thor, space basically!

I think that was to kerp it open in case they needed him again, but it's a question of whether Weaving would come back i guess

Even without the Avengers to show exactly what the cube does, it always seemed pretty obvious to me that Skull was transported somewhere, the giveaway for me was the big beam from where he was stood that seemed to shoot off into some galactic distant cloud

Very similar to the Asgard visuals from Thor, space basically!

I think that was to kerp it open in case they needed him again, but it's a question of whether Weaving would come back i guess

I agree, but the Avengers just confirmed that to me. Now that we know a little more about the cube it definately means we should expect to see the Skull sometime again. I am curious to see if they'll bring Dugan and others like Zola into the present in addition to Cap and Bucky.

I think that they'll keep the Howling Commandos in WW2 and only bring Bucky to present day

It's going to be interesting to see how they tell the WW2 stories without it being all about Hydra as TFA had that montage sequence that kind of gave the impression that all they were focused on was Hydra, so i'm curious to say the least

Wow....those were three great figures you canceled there....I applaud your courage to do such a thing.

The one that hurt the most was the gorden ex:monkey2 it is wait listed and will likely go way up in price and only chance of picking that up in the future will be of the ebay and I'm not gunna do that:( hopefully they will make another gorden in his suit as thats a better look for him anyway, as for the mark 1 I'm kinda ironmaned out, dont want every mark there is and the snakeeyes is kinda meh, I have the orginal one in the box still so its no biggie.

As for seeing redskull in future films I would say its a good chance as he may be in amazing spiderman 2 as the killer of peters parents as he was in the comics, and also in the comics he came back after seemingly being destroyed by the cosmic cube so maybe in avengers 2 or captian america 2.

As for seeing redskull in future films I would say its a good chance as he may be in amazing spiderman 2 as the killer of peters parents as he was in the comics, and also in the comics he came back after seemingly being destroyed by the cosmic cube so maybe in avengers 2 or captian america 2.

Unless Sony and Marvel can come to some sort of agreement, don't count on it.

Winter Soldier could be working for Red Skull in Cap 2 though for all we know, like it was done in the recent Avengers cartoon.

Unless Sony and Marvel can come to some sort of agreement, don't count on it.

Winter Soldier could be working for Red Skull in Cap 2 though for all we know, like it was done in the recent Avengers cartoon.

Oh yeah I forgot about that:slap Well hopefully he will show up in the captain america 2. Anyway sooo looking forward to this figure, it looks so impressive in pics, can't wait to face him off against rescue cap on the shelf:) More pics please to hold me over, I got about a weeks wait for him to arrive.

Back