Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you have some sample pics?

Sure thing. I have posted them all before, but here they are again. I have three blacklight torches and have them staged at different angles for different effects. Some can be quite sinister, especially if you shine them right at the tesseract cube so the light passes through and looks like it came from the cube itself. I can take more if you like. These are just the ones i took before.

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

oooh I thought you put an LED in there or something :lol :slap

still looks awesome man :)

It works in a similar fashion. Clear plastic usually possesses similar qualities to fibre optics, seeming to absorb light one way and discharge it in another.
So by merely shining a backlight at the cube, it gives off a nice effect without having to muck about with wires.
and it helps the thing to have an otherworldly glow too.

there are some seriously awesome pics in this thread and the led cube pics are flippin' sweet. i finally picked up red skull this week. i am very impressed with this figure and i am seriously considering picking up another. i really dig both head sculpts as well. i am probably going to raid all my 1/6th german stuff tonight to see what i can come up with as well...especially want to try one of the black ss DiD 3r uniforms on him.

there are some seriously awesome pics in this thread and the led cube pics are flippin' sweet. i finally picked up red skull this week. i am very impressed with this figure and i am seriously considering picking up another. i really dig both head sculpts as well. i am probably going to raid all my 1/6th german stuff tonight to see what i can come up with as well...especially want to try one of the black ss DiD 3r uniforms on him.

Well, get posting pics!!!
:lol

I prefer both. But if it's Schmidt, i prefer just the costume and no jacket.
If it's Red Skull, i think the black longcoat really complments the look.
Is it depressing that I think of the reverse? :lol

Is it depressing that I think of the reverse? :lol

Of course not. This is the beauty of the Red Skull figure. There are a good many options to display the figure.
I have, on occasion considered picking up another Red Skull face, two more costumes and another trenchcoat do I can display both options with both clothing options at the same time.
It's only a tiny grip on sanity that stops me...

Of course not. This is the beauty of the Red Skull figure. There are a good many options to display the figure.
I have, on occasion considered picking up another Red Skull face, two more costumes and another trenchcoat do I can display both options with both clothing options at the same time.
It's only a tiny grip on sanity that stops me...

Haha true that. Well as an update on my Red Skull bash, so far I've managed to buy all of his hands (in which I'll use the ones I don't need for a potential Ra's Al Ghul custom), the cube, pistol, pants, boots and the Red Skull head+neck peg. Ordered myself one of those cheaper Kumik bodies and now all that's left is the shirt. While I'm not too keen to throw $200 for the whole figure, I'm definitely excited to put this guy together.

While I haven't thought about grabbing the coat just yet, some photos in this thread is really making it hard for me to resist the temptation. :lol

so you bought 2 of them or what?

Nope. I never actual even bought one...
I bought the 2 heads, 2 costumes, 2 sets of boots, 2 sets of hands, 1 pistol, and a Tesseract from a member here for just under $120. Then i bought two stands on Ebay, and the longcoat from another member here.
I used Dragon In Dreams bodies to save money also.
I am about $150 all in for my two, though they don't have HT bodies(I could always pick a couple up at some point though).

Back