Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this guy up, I have another one coming so I can display him as Johann Shmidt with the grey suit

RS1.jpg

Thanks.

A few things about this figure...
- The Johann Shmidt head sculpt is really hard to take off
- When you put on the black jacket the red skull head sculpt sits way to low (it doesn't look like he has a neck) so its floating not attached to the body
- The black belt is a pain in the ass to put on

Thanks! I checked out some of the pictures in this thread but I can't really see the puffiness

The main problem is that HT copied nearly exactly the complex design of the jacket made for production, but used too thick a material(That's not a criticism, merely an observation).
In the movie, the jacket was far more tightly tailored to him from far thinner material.

Red-Skull.jpg

Versus the HT one:

DB7ACA9B-8B29-4CF6-B676-99E3ED9AAFB3.jpg

271A4A69-91D3-4782-9485-0FD91DBE0B57.jpg

Just received this guy about 30 mins ago. Great looking figure! Both the RS and the Schmidt head sculpts are amazing; it really is a shame that one of them has to not get used. I went with the RS sculpt though because his name is "Red Skull", after all. My only quibbles would be the ankle joints don't really have much articulation in the way of being able to move the foot up or down, I don't really have much articulation at the neck as far as being able to position the head too far in a downward looking position and I wish it came with hands for each arm that enable him to hold the Tesseract and his pistol at the same time. The cube holding hand and the pistol wielding hand are meant for the same arm, so it's essentially one or the other.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Great pics.
And congrats on the pickup!
It's a great figure with some amazing details.
Wow, four of them?! :horror

I made all of mine from parts.
Cost about $200 in total to make all four.

Great pictures though! On the left, are those boots from an Avengers Cap on a TFA Cap?[/QUOTE]

That one was a custom i made when TWS concept art was first shown, showing pretty much TFA suit with slight mods.
I had a spare TFA suit and some Avengers boots and gloves.
I was picturing his suit in TWS as being an update of TFA one.

Great pics.
And congrats on the pickup!
It's a great figure with some amazing details.

I made all of mine from parts.
Cost about $200 in total to make all four.

Great pictures though! On the left, are those boots from an Avengers Cap on a TFA Cap?

That one was a custom i made when TWS concept art was first shown, showing pretty much TFA suit with slight mods.
I had a spare TFA suit and some Avengers boots and gloves.
I was picturing his suit in TWS as being an update of TFA one.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Yeah, he really is a great figure. I love the two head sculpts as mentioned, and his coat is really nifty. Rounds out my TFA collection. That's really cool you were able to collect parts and assemble all four of those figures for 200 bucks!

Ah, that's cool regarding the Caps. I do the same thing when I have extra figures or parts. I have an extra civvy Steve Rogers body from TWS dual pack, so for the time being, I purchased a grey t-shirt that's intended for the T2 figure with the intent to essentially replicate his civvy clothes that he had on in the Ant-Man post credits scene when he and Falcon found Bucky.

Cool videos also!

I wish it came with hands for each arm that enable him to hold the Tesseract and his pistol at the same time. The cube holding hand and the pistol wielding hand are meant for the same arm, so it's essentially one or the other.

If you can get some cheap black hands, it helps a lot.

I used Cobra Commander for both his Mauser pistol and his hands (one also has a hand that can hold the Tesseract)

Thanks! Yeah, he really is a great figure. I love the two head sculpts as mentioned, and his coat is really nifty. Rounds out my TFA collection. That's really cool you were able to collect parts and assemble all four of those figures for 200 bucks!

When he first went on sale, RS didn't sell all that well, and parts were cheap, with the body being the most expensive part. Heads and costumes were $30 apiece.

Ah, that's cool regarding the Caps. I do the same thing when I have extra figures or parts. I have an extra civvy Steve Rogers body from TWS dual pack, so for the time being, I purchased a grey t-shirt that's intended for the T2 figure with the intent to essentially replicate his civvy clothes that he had on in the Ant-Man post credits scene when he and Falcon found Bucky.

Cool videos also!

Thanks.
I used to do those all the time. Haven't had time to make any lately.

If you can get some cheap black hands, it helps a lot.

I used Cobra Commander for both his Mauser pistol and his hands (one also has a hand that can hold the Tesseract)

Ah, thanks for the tip. I'm contemplating doing this, but at the same time, I also like to keep my figures stock, including the parts. So we'll see. :)

Red Skull is one of the more charismatic and striking looking villains in the MCU...Loki is diabolical but Weaving as Red Skull is a great old-school Bad Guy; while I don't mind him I'm not really a huge Cap fan, which is pretty much the only reason I held off on Red Skull. If he got resurrected into contemporary MCU that could change things on my shelf. Great bashes, by the way.

Finally got this guy today. Was a missing piece iny Cap collection and I'm stumped why it took me so long to acquire him . It's a magnificent figure

Back