Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm disappointed the way the Amazing Spiderman came out. Perhaps some in-hand pics may change my mind, but or now I guess the only Spidy I want is the black suit for now.

Reminds me of this anyway...View attachment 48406

Will you still see the new film though, yes? The ASM costume was different to me too, but it did grow on me. I also did not like the new JUDGE DREDD costume changes but I will see the film.

Will you still see the new film though, yes? The ASM costume was different to me too, but it did grow on me. I also did not like the new JUDGE DREDD costume changes but I will see the film.

I'm not saying the suit is bad, I am speaking in regards to the figure as a whole. It looks "rushed" to me. Comparing the first teaser to the prototype pics I was disappointed.

Hey guys, have many noticed that the ankles on the black spidey are much tighter and seem to be able to hold poses better than the r/b spidey? I had mine standing in the cabinet for the past few weeks, and just decided to take them out to repose.

The r/b spidey's ankles dont seem to hold articulation very well, and seem much looser than the black spidey. For example, I simply angle them down, but they seem to want to go back to a neutral position. Does this mean I have broken ankles on my r/b spidey? They seem to rotate and you can articualte, just seems very loose and they dont hold it very well.

But the black spidey's ankles are great! I can move them in all directions and they stay that way with a much tighter joint feel to it......

EDIT: Strange, the r/b spidey's ankles seem to twist horizontally OK, it's just the vertical articulation that seems a bit weird. For example, pointing them down doesnt seem to work properly like the black spidey. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
So much for just buying the base, lol

20120630_132601.jpg

20120630_132649.jpg

Interested in getting this figure, but just have concerns about leaving it in dynamic poses over a long period of time. If I were to leave spidey in the pose like sky_captain did above, do u guys think it will damage the suit or the TT joints?

Interested in getting this figure, but just have concerns about leaving it in dynamic poses over a long period of time. If I were to leave spidey in the pose like sky_captain did above, do u guys think it will damage the suit or the TT joints?

Nope. He doesn't have any of those problems. But c'mon man... You really worried it'll have joint damage from maintaining a pose? That's one of the biggest strengths of 1/6. They're not statues!

Nope. He doesn't have any of those problems. But c'mon man... You really worried it'll have joint damage from maintaining a pose? That's one of the biggest strengths of 1/6. They're not statues!

Well, the thigh/hip socket on my TFA Cap became loose for no apparent reason..and he was displayed in the regular arms to side pose all along.

You ever consider he may have been loose all along or it simply needs to be pushed back in its socket? Most likely the tight clothing was either restricting its movements and or getting snagged in the joint initially. Out of all my 60+ figures, I've only had joint problems with one figure despite using action poses. And the problem figure was a Thor I bought off a fellow freak here with a detached right elbow from holding the heavy hammer. Just popped it back in and voila. Although it took a long time since the fake armor sleeve kept folding into the joint whenever I pushed up on the forearm...

Oh and do you use the stands? I use them to help maintain uniformity across all my figures, but to make many of the dynamic poses possible as the stand them carries almost all the weight. And if you're worried about joints loosening up, the stand just applies pressure to areas without a joint.

The socket was fine when I bought it five months ago; the socket problem only surfaced like 2 weeks ago. I tried pushing it in and everything but still didn't work. I had a similar problem with my DX02 where the right elbow wasn't able to maintain a 90 degree bend. Like my TFA Cap, the DX 02 was only displayed in an arms to side pose. So... I'm no stranger to sudden defects in the TT body..and just wanna make sure.

Well, the DX isn't a good comparison as the rubber suit offers lots of resistance to the arm staying in a 90 degree pose. Got the same issues with one of my '89 Bats arms. Not sure how I'm gonna fix it, but I'm sure it's fixable.

Not sure if you have any true-types,but it's good to be familiar with the anatomy of the base figure. It helps to see the joint to tell what might be wrong with it.

With the DX02, I think one of the joints on his right elbow might have been damaged somehow, because his left arm was faultless. So, my solution back then was to sell it off lol

Something which I really regret till today but the acquisition of the DX 09 makes up for that mistake somewhat.

With the DX02, I think one of the joints on his right elbow might have been damaged somehow, because his left arm was faultless. So, my solution back then was to sell it off lol

Something which I really regret till today but the acquisition of the DX 09 makes up for that mistake somewhat.

Note to self. Do not buy from TDK5...

Question. Are the hand pegs for this figure the same as the ones for red/blue suit version?

Back