Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

i dont know if you guys have this problem , but i find my spiderman's hand pegs to be extremely hard to remove...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Yeah thats a common complaint. It has led to breakages I believe.

From the forearm or hands themself?

i dont know if you guys have this problem , but i find my spiderman's hand pegs to be extremely hard to remove...

I think it's a good thing.
That's why my Spiderman hasn't fallen from his upside down pose.
If they were loose he would have slipped a long time ago.

Just ordered a narrow shoulder true type from gohastings. Think that will be an ok body for the Tobey Peter Parker? As you can see can't wait for this already.

You guys think the Medicom Peter Parker's clothes will be in any kind of demand with this figure's release? (Because of the Toby head)

I just finished my custom HT/Medi Peter Parker. I used a New Goblin body and the Medi head and outfit. I cut the neck off the head to match a hot toys head and it fits really well. I also shortened him a bit so he would be closer to 5'8" like Toby is in the movie. Looks pretty cool I think.

The ht body fills out the spidey shirt much better and gives him the girth he needs.

they show the red costume, without the mask, being engolfed by the symbiote. Yet later in the same trailer, the show peter ripping the symbiote off and he clearly has nothing on underneath.

Go figure!:slap

Darn it, now I'm confused! :confused:

Darn it, now I'm confused! :confused:

Don't be.

Officially, in the comics, the symbiote is NOT a suit, nor does it take over the suit. In the movie, they just didn't stay consistant. Thats typical.

Since Peter is not rich enough for 2 suits (stealing back the suit in SM2)...In SM3 the symbiote may have imitated the suit after initially clinging to it, since the Red/Blue was never shown to transition to black (but covered by it).... and Peter had 2 suits, black and R/B in one frame in SM3...

With the symbiote off, in the church... Peter was in the nude (or with undies)

It is kinda of annoying that the Tobey sculpt was actually a possibility afterall, i kind of feel they rushed the red/blue suit.... I still like it, but I will still have a bitterness about it since I have no interest in this version... looks great, but not worth having.

M.

Really...Even without the HS the R and B suit is an awesome figure and exceeded most people's expectations.

It's been a while since I've seen it but I thought after the black engulfs the suit it then turns into it's own suit? I vaguely remember before the Sandman subway fight him looking in the closet at the red suit and then deciding to grab the black suit out of a trunk or something.

I fully disclose that the scene may have never happened but in the cognitive map of my mind it played out like that.

It's been a while since I've seen it but I thought after the black engulfs the suit it then turns into it's own suit? I vaguely remember before the Sandman subway fight him looking in the closet at the red suit and then deciding to grab the black suit out of a trunk or something.

I fully disclose that the scene may have never happened but in the cognitive map of my mind it played out like that.

Your right. He sees it in a trunk in his closet.

freddie-mercury-meme3-e1316972334944_large.png

So is this a fanboy nitpick on the mask neckseam?

403745_266714276723903_138228759572456_807383_873664788_n.jpg

His mask should break lower around his neck, right?
More at the bottom of his neck rather than the top.

The movie design varies from shot to shot, of course, but he's not wearing a turtleneck like the HT fig appears:

ScarySpideyBlog.jpg

spider-man-3-20070327092121333_640w.jpg

Still looks pretty sweet . . . I didn't expect a detachable cloth head.

But give me his Ditko red-and-blues any day over this design.
And the Sandman base looks like late-90s ToyBiz. :horror
______

If it isnt glued down the turtle neck should be futzable

You're all correct. Thats why I said there were inconsistancies in the film. At one point it shows the R and B suit being taken over. Then when he rips it off at the bell tower, he isn't wearing anything. And its not as though he ripped off a shirt. What he ripped off dripped down to Brock.

Actually the inconsistency is in what isn't shown on camera. In the comics and even in the animated series, the first time the symbiote sees the Spider-Man costume it mimics it to trick Parker into wearing it. After absorbing the red/blue suit, there had to be a moment where Peter took it off and either it replicated the design or he realized it was a suit over another and removed both. It only covers the suit once and then after that it's two suits completely, how it gets there is the inconsistent part.

What's going on with Toys2...

Spideman 3: Spiderman (Black Suit ver) Sandman Diorama

Subtotal:
$199.99
Shipping:
$119.31
Canada Post XPressPost International

TOTAL:
$319.30

Hah!

Iron Man - Iron Monger

Subtotal:
$459.99
Shipping:
$155.03
Canada Post XPressPost International

TOTAL:
$615.02

I was waiting for this so I could do a mass order before the year was out, it hurt me a bit.

SKU Product Item price Quantity Total
keaton_nicholson Hot Toys Michael Keaton as Batman & Jack Nicholson as The Joker 1:6 Scale DX Figure Set $469.99 1 $469.99
901387 Iron Monger 1:6 Scale Figure $431.99 1 $431.99
901399 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit) DX Series 1:6 Scale Figure $269.99 1 $269.99
901382 Spider-Man (Black Suit Version) 1:6 Scale Figure $188.99 1 $188.99
Subtotal: $1360.96
Discount: $16.00
Discounted subtotal: $1344.96
Shipping cost: $71.96

Total: $1416.92

Back