Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

If you are a collector and not a flipper why would you care if they sell out? Personally if I can't PO something and can pick it up at retail a month after it was released good for me...if Supes never sells out I could care less.
Is this post directed at me? Not sure.

Why would I care if the Ex sells out? Because then I wouldn't get one, seeing as NA, EU & OZ seem to be getting first dibs. I'm assuming that it's "first dibs", because the Ex Superman figure wasn't open for other countries to pre order until later on. So it might be the same thing. I could be wrong & SSC might actually make Ex Spidey an exclusive only for you NA, EU & OZ peeps. I guess I'll be happy with a regular, but I like getting the Ex versions of figures, if they are the same price.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Is this post directed at me? Not sure.

Why would I care if the Ex sells out? Because then I wouldn't get one, seeing as NA, EU & OZ seem to be getting first dibs. I'm assuming that it's "first dibs", because the Ex Superman figure wasn't open for other countries to pre order until later on. So it might be the same thing. I could be wrong & SSC might actually make Ex Spidey an exclusive only for you NA, EU & OZ peeps. I guess I'll be happy with a regular, but I like getting the Ex versions of figures, if they are the same price.

no sir :1-1: ....a few pages back there was a discussion about how HT is flooding the market and how the prices are on the rise and they arent selling out anymore, and Supes and Indy were brought up as examples since they are still available.

$200 shipped for a regular release figure is getting out of hand. people blamed the $250 price tag for the joker on licensing costs. whats their excuse for this one?

$200 shipped for a regular release figure is getting out of hand. people blamed the $250 price tag for the joker on licensing costs. whats their excuse for this one?

sandman and the TM HS. :dunno

They are donating a percentage of the cost to the Toby Maguire Foundation? :dunno

Does anyone think the Ex version worth more than the regular version? I wouldn't pay $0.05 for Sandman's extra hand !

It has an extra piece, so yep, it's worth more. It's a bit of a "throwaway" piece, but I'd pay $0.05 for it.

Freaks will pay it. No excuse, fact. We haven't figured out yet that we control the market and that makes us...

sheep.jpg

Stop buying= lower prices.

Personally I don't feel 209 is a bad price at all for this considering that it's coming with a pretty cool diarama piece and another sculpt. How much do you see HS going for on eBay that aren't recasts?? Also some Type of R and D went into developing a masked swappable head which would bring up production costs. I'm sure anyone not interested in the TM HS could get 50$ for it basically lowering the price to what the R and B suit Spidey went for.

:lol exactly, I don't get all the whining about the price when the disparity between R&B and Black is there for all to see. You want a $150 Spidey 'cause that's what you paid for the first one, then sell the HS from this one. It's fine for peeps to complain about the rising cost of HT figures generally, but to suggest that R&B was an ok deal where this one isn't... loco :cuckoo:

Stop buying= lower prices.

This is what annoys me. HT knows that we wont stop buying as long as they keep up with the amazing products they produce. If I really want an accurate Jack Sparrow, Superman or Spiderman (which I do) im gonna buy it, no matter the cost. Where/how else are we going to get such amazing figures?:cuckoo:

Well, we're all passionate about our collectibles, but everyone has a point where the price is too high for them. That level is different for everybody, but it seems that Hot Toys is very quickly reaching that point for a lot of their fans.

We used to get pretty good value with Hot Toys releases and I've been collecting these things since the beginning of the MMS series. Lots of previous releases came with multiple head sculpts and the diorama piece, while big, is not extremely complex. I like the building piece that came with the $150 red Spider-Man better.

I like the figure, but I don't think it's a must buy for me at the price. If I can find it at a good discount, I'd like to have one, but if that doesn't happen, I'm okay with it. It's fine if some of you guys think this is a good deal and is worth the price, but I think others do have a right to say that it isn't worth it to them since it really is a subjective matter.

All HT figures are crazy over priced. If you step away from it, and detach yourself from this madness that is collecting it becomes clearer. The quality is outstanding no doubt but the price is pure madness!

Regarding the price and volume issue, HT products for the most part still retain and often increase in value. There are about 5 exceptions of about 150 pieces (the 2 non DX Bruce Lees, Harvey Dent, and 2 of the last 3 Predators) . And again, just because the item is still in stock (like Supes), doesnt mean it's value has dropped.

go on ebay and watch an auction for Supes. You're not going to get it below retail. If you got the $189 figure regularly for $150, then I'd say Supes has lost its value. But that doesn't happen. 20 people will still bid and still end up paying the retail price.

This forum is filled with people who waited to buy something and now regret it. And that's why $300 is a good deal for Wolverine, or Blade, or the Godfather, or Dutch, or Leonidis, or the Predator, or DX Bats, or DX Joker, or the Termininator, etc., etc., etc.

All I'm saying is trying to get a deal after market is a really risky strategy. It's the exception, not the rule. And while you're waiting for a deal to save $15, the piece sells out. So now that $190 piece is now going for $220. So now the original price of $190 is a good deal. So why not just buy it when it comes out?

History simply does not support the plan of getting a deal aftermarket.

I'm so glad they had an affordable price for the classic blue and red Spiderman. The price for this is ridiculous though. Was a giant Sandman based needed? Not if its gonna drive the cost up near DX levels for such a basic figure. Passing on this one for me though. I just wish they would make a Goblin and Doc Ock. This price point would be justified for the two of them.

If this had just been the figure alone in the black suit I had already decided not to get it. The head scupt and the base changed that, and I had 60 bucks worth of active points to knock down the price so I grabbed it.:wink1:

All I'm saying is trying to get a deal after market is a really risky strategy. It's the exception, not the rule. And while you're waiting for a deal to save $15, the piece sells out. So now that $190 piece is now going for $220. So now the original price of $190 is a good deal. So why not just buy it when it comes out?

History simply does not support the plan of getting a deal aftermarket.

In the past I would agree with your hypothesis however, HT has many recent figures which can be had routinely below retail: Odin, New Goblin, Superman, Mark (IV,V VI), Captain America, Sgt Barnes etc. I have even seen Sparrow and Indiana Jones a few bucks below retail though not as often.

The point is the prices of these things pretty much assure they will be available after retail which means collectors / retailers trying to sell theirs has to be cheaper than the next guy for folks to bite.

Black suit Spidey is awesome but isn't a must in my collection therefore, I will wait and see if my strategy works getting below retail after release. If not, I can easily pass.

I ordered it, a gift to myself for playing MW3 till 05 the other morning.

Maybe HT are delaying key figures until their pricepoints have risen to such a degree that they can charge $400 for a BD T-800 and we'll just accept it.

Ok, Just pre ordered this, because I think it looks great, the price is high, but I am not sure if we are going to see any Hot Toys figure under $200 again. The bad thing is I cancelled the 89 Batman, I am not a big fan of the 89 Batman costume anyway, so I am not sad. I really like spiderman, though Spiderman 3 was terrible, by far the worst Spiderman of the series, being Spiderman 2 the best. Again, I have to own at least one Spiderman in my collection, and passed on the B&R spiderman because it didn't come with Tobey's head sculpt. I just hope this thing worth the $210+shipping+taxes.. Not more quality issues, please!!!!!!

I cancelled the 89 batman too after considering the price for it, the inevitable QC problems with rubber batman figures and that i wasn!5 into it enough to pay that much for it.

Back