Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Guess $200+ is the norm now for all new HT figures, im sure that huge Sandman base is upping the cost too.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

It's not that it's $210, it's that the same figure in a different colour without the head and a slightly smaller base is $60 less in price

The going rate for headsculpts alone are quite high nowadays. Just look at the BB Batman sculpt. $60+ on eBay. And I imagine they have made improvements to the costume. I will probably end up getting both in the long run.

Ex ordered!!!

Those Ebay prices for the headsculpt are just what people are willing to pay for it, the price of this is entering DX territory for pretty much the same amount of accessories their regular Spidey was.

But those are secondary market prices for the niche market that wants the head sculpt of that actor to customize other figures and such. I can understand high prices in certain circumstances where the figure is very elaborate and a lot of new techniques were implemented, but this Spider-Man is still pretty basic. Yeah, he comes with a big base and they found a way to have him unmasked, but when I look at it, I don't see a $210 action figure.

You keep buying them so they keep making them priced higer and higher. Blame yourselves.

Even I see no reason for the price hike but complaining about it won't change a thing. Buy it or don't buy it.

Personally I think the Maguire sculpt is worth $60 alone, I like it that much.

glad I waited on Spidey.....will def pick this one up!

The going rate for headsculpts alone are quite high nowadays. Just look at the BB Batman sculpt. $60+ on eBay. And I imagine they have made improvements to the costume. I will probably end up getting both in the long run.

For the price debate i answer... T1000

2 heads, 2 outfits thrice as many accessories and a lesser price.

Even if people are willing to pay that amount for a headsculpt, that's an inflated price, above the retail and big prices are mostly on select sculpts, the Bale sculpt is apparently one of the best.

Price aside, Looking at the Sandman base again i think it'd be a great base for any Marvel figure to go with, and the headsculpt looks amazing IMO

Anyone actually like the ex? Enough to display it as default? Or enough to have paid a dew bucks extra if that was the case?

Here we go, The people saying its too much blah blah blah but once inhand picks come up they change their mind and its back to "thank god I po'd it"!!!! Same story over and over again.

Headsculpt isn't emo enough.

the guys must be mad who bought the red suit and did not get the sculpt. hot toys always try to suck you wallet dry!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go, The people saying its too much blah blah blah but once inhand picks come up they change their mind and its back to "thank god I po'd it"!!!! Same story over and over again.

Speak for yourself.

It is way overpriced and it IS a pass. There is much better stuff to spend $$$ on.

This one's kinda like the HT Luke for me; love the figure & it's obligatory accessories, but would rather the option of not having to buy the extra stuff..

That said.. I'll probably get this guy regardless at some stage. :lol

At$210+ shipping+tax he's way overpriced. Retailers have him at around $189+shipping. That sounds about right.

Yes sucks that people don't pose their figures on bases such as myself but PO'd the Ex. I could always cancel. Isn't the Red Spiderman slinging around $200?

Back