Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TWS and CW I personally think are the best MCU films.

Top 5 for me would be the aforementioned two, then AoU, GotG and Ant-Man. No specific order. TFA is a fun flick also.

TWS and CW I personally think are the best MCU films.

Top 5 for me would be the aforementioned two, then AoU, GotG and Ant-Man. No specific order. TFA is a fun flick also.

:exactly: Agreed, I love all the Cap films though. Ant-Man is also one of my favourites too!! :)

His "nobility"? Are you suggesting he's not noble in that film?

And what corruption?

Whoah - easy there:peace...of course Cap is noble in FA. But "in general" for me - because of the "conspiracy swamp" that goes on in TWS - to me it's in TWS that Cap shines all the brighter by comparison - even Nick Fury goes to him. There were people around in FA that were who they said they were - the commandos, the Colonel, Peggy, Erskine. You know who the enemy is.

But in TWS who can Cap trust? No-one seems to be who they're supposed to be - which I guess is the whole point, really. Even his innocent nurse pretty neighbor turns out to be an agent. Politicians are Hydra. His own strike team is perfectly prepared to gun him down in the street. PIERCE. Actually, when I think about it, TWS really is a nice lead-in to why Cap makes the choices he does in CW, after all of that..."we may not be perfect. But the safest hands are still our own..."

Whoah - easy there:peace...of course Cap is noble in FA. But "in general" for me - because of the "conspiracy swamp" that goes on in TWS - to me it's in TWS that Cap shines all the brighter by comparison - even Nick Fury goes to him. There were people around in FA that were who they said they were - the commandos, the Colonel, Peggy, Erskine. You know who the enemy is.

But in TWS who can Cap trust? No-one seems to be who they're supposed to be - which I guess is the whole point, really. Even his innocent nurse pretty neighbor turns out to be an agent. Politicians are Hydra. His own strike team is perfectly prepared to gun him down in the street. PIERCE. Actually, when I think about it, TWS really is a nice lead-in to why Cap makes the choices he does in CW, after all of that..."we may not be perfect. But the safest hands are still our own..."
Everyone's easy here. I was just trying to decipher your post. With odd punctuation and apparently missing words, it was not clear which film you were talking about or what argument you were trying to make. So I was asking for clarification.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Actually, when I think about it, TWS really is a nice lead-in to why Cap makes the choices he does in CW, after all of that..."we may not be perfect. But the safest hands are still our own..."
Cap makes his choices in CW due to his experiences in TFA and TWS. Not just one of them.
"What if that panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there's somewhere we need to go and they don't let us?"
That thinking right there is why he still got that dancing monkey drawing he made in TFA on his desk in CW. And oh how I love that the Russos picked that up.

I really should have picked this guy up. There was a great deal on Ebay not too long ago but I think I'll wait till I got my Howlies Bucky in hand and then go hunting for TFA Cap.

Cap makes his choices in CW due to his experiences in TFA and TWS. Not just one of them.
"What if that panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there's somewhere we need to go and they don't let us?"
That thinking right there is why he still got that dancing monkey drawing he made in TFA on his desk in CW. And oh how I love that the Russos picked that up.

I really should have picked this guy up. There was a great deal on Ebay not too long ago but I think I'll wait till I got my Howlies Bucky in hand and then go hunting for TFA Cap.

Golly, I wonder who influenced you to get Howlies Bucky... :monkey3

Decided to bust out The first avenger for a couple pics.

IMG_20171110_184909_506.jpg

IMG_20171110_190822_912.jpg

This is a great figure indeed. A little on the smaller side compared to the Cap figures now, but everything I feel is still in proportion to his size. Plus, I have him displayed with the other TFA figures, so he looks fine scale wise. I need to find a different shield for him though, as the original shield he came with is flaking.

This suit and the GA suit are essentially the same to me, and I decided to keep this figure as my representation of that look and am selling my GA Cap.

Yeah TFA cap has had my Avengers battle damage shield ever since I got that figure all those years ago. In terms of size the longer pegs do help a bit. I like the GA suit a lot, but not as much of a fan of the headsculpt. I'd be too bothered by the inaccuracy to drop a regular civil war head or something on it. Even though I've seen a few people do that and it looks pretty awesome.

Yeah TFA cap has had my Avengers battle damage shield ever since I got that figure all those years ago. In terms of size the longer pegs do help a bit. I like the GA suit a lot, but not as much of a fan of the headsculpt. I'd be too bothered by the inaccuracy to drop a regular civil war head or something on it. Even though I've seen a few people do that and it looks pretty awesome.

My sentiments as well.

I had my BD A1 Cap shield on my TFA figure as well, but I sold my A1 Cap earlier this year for ESB Yoda, so the shield went with it. I like the GA suit a lot as well, but I like the even more retro look of TFA suit; especially with the bandolier and the 1911 .45 pistol. Like you said, the disproportion of the GA figure also helped played a factor in the decision for me.

I have all TFA and all TWS stuff, but I'm selling most of my TWS stuff (sans Winter Soldier and BW) to make room for other things I want instead and none of my TFA stuff, so it just made even more sense to keep TFA Cap and part with GA.

:duff

That's the shield i picked up,it weighs a ton but it's very well made and looks great.

I am in need of a replacement shield for this figure now as well. The one linked above is the best I've seen...but the seller doesn't have any more. None of the others are as shiny, and while a bit more dull is screen accurate I really would like to have one that looks (as much as possible) like the shiny one Hot Toys originally shipped.

Anyone know of a source for some repros that work as replacements?

Wouldn't mind seeing Hot Toys revisit the First Avenger Cap like they have with the Iron Man DIECAST figures of his older suits.

I still don't regret selling mine a while back...I'm happy with the Golden Age version of this suit (though it's not exactly the same). A First Avenger 2.0 tweaked up and scaled to the newer Cap figures would be awesome.

Yeah I've considered picking one of these up to go with my Rescue and CW Caps, but unfortunately neither version really looks all that great to me. Especially when compared with how incredible the costume looked in the movie.

Unfortunately I just don't see HT ever making a new one.

static1.squarespace-2-463x1024.jpg

I am in need of a replacement shield for this figure now as well. The one linked above is the best I've seen...but the seller doesn't have any more. None of the others are as shiny, and while a bit more dull is screen accurate I really would like to have one that looks (as much as possible) like the shiny one Hot Toys originally shipped.

Anyone know of a source for some repros that work as replacements?

PM sent.

Back