Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of getting FA Cap from time to time coz I love the first movie but I already got Rescue Cap and adore him so I have been able to hold off on buying FA Cap so far. ^^ I guess, you'd definitely have to change the feet pegs so he gets a bit taller, right? And change the shield to the CW one.

When paired with RS (as mine is), the heights are proportionate. However, if you have him on his own around other figures, I'd change the pegs to make him a bit taller.

Also, if you're going to simply have him in a museum pose, one of those after marker die cast BD A1 shields is pretty good. They're a little heavier than the HT die cast shields, but I like the BD look and as mentioned, should be fine if you simply have him in a museum pose.

^ Nice pics - he looks great! :rock

Seeing those pics reminds me, I bought an outfit like that ages ago to do a custom Cap - and I still haven't got round to putting it together! :slap :lol

awesome customs guys!! :clap
:duff

The shield on my cap is also flaking.

I’ve been eyeing this shield as a replacement:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301989901091?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It has the good straps and buckles, as opposed to some other replacement shields that only have elastic bands there. I know no one would ever see that, but I would know!

I also toyed around with getting either the AOU or CW Caps, and thus I would have a old school Cap and a modern Cap. But both those ships have sailed. I kinda preferred the AOU Cap because the colors are a little closer to the classic comic book look with the red highlights and the white bicep area, but there was a lot of criticism about the restricted articulation for the figure. The CW is nice, but just not quite as nice as the AOU, so I stalled.

Maybe the Infinity Wars Cap will be just right!
That's the shield i picked up,it weighs a ton but it's very well made and looks great.

When paired with RS (as mine is), the heights are proportionate. However, if you have him on his own around other figures, I'd change the pegs to make him a bit taller.

Also, if you're going to simply have him in a museum pose, one of those after marker die cast BD A1 shields is pretty good. They're a little heavier than the HT die cast shields, but I like the BD look and as mentioned, should be fine if you simply have him in a museum pose.
Makes sense that he's the same height as Rescue Cap! :lol I got the latter sitting on his Harley so there's no way to tell if he's smaller than my other Caps. :) If Should I ever go for the FA Cap, he'd probably be with Rescue Cap so it would be fine ... still ... if I ever did a group shot, he'd need the longer pegs. ^^

And thanks for the tipp with the shield! :D

Yea, I have the AOU Cap, and I'm becoming more and more satisfied with the idea of it being my only Cap.

The FA Cap is showing it's age in terms of not quite living up to the most recent level of quality HT's is bringing theses days. I have considered just selling it, but the nostalgia of the first Cap movie is keeping me from parting with it; for now. That's why I wonder if there is a way to jazz it up, but at the same time it may only be worth so much effort.

I love my FA Cap figure, but I've also put a lot of work into it. I replaced the ankle pegs with the longer ones, swapped the body for a WS Cap body, clear-coated the original plastic shield, switched over to the BD Avengers shield, and swapped the head sculpt for the first Avengers unmasked head.

It doesn't have the same polish as some of the current HT/Cap figures, but after some mods, I think it holds its own pretty well. It's debatable if it's worth all the work, but FA is my favorite Cap movie (and outfit), so it's worth it to keep the figure in my collection.

Have you guys just considered stripping the paint on the shield and repainting yourselves? It might be the best ticket to staying closest to stock.

Makes sense that he's the same height as Rescue Cap! :lol I got the latter sitting on his Harley so there's no way to tell if he's smaller than my other Caps. :) If Should I ever go for the FA Cap, he'd probably be with Rescue Cap so it would be fine ... still ... if I ever did a group shot, he'd need the longer pegs. ^^

And thanks for the tipp with the shield! :D

My apologies, by RS I meant Red Skull, not Rescue Cap. :lol

Regardless, he's fine height wise next to Rescue Cap also. I have all TFA figures.

My apologies, by RS I meant Red Skull, not Rescue Cap. :lol

Regardless, he's fine height wise next to Rescue Cap also. I have all TFA figures.
:lol haha for some reason my brain decided RS was Rescue Steve instead of Red Skull. XD I have no idea why. haha Don't have Red Skull but Rescue Cap will be joined by TFA Bucky soon. :D If I ever decide to do Howlies Bucky, I'll get TFA Cap. However, I fear for my wallet should I ever go down that road ...
Good thing is that I already got a TWS Cap body lying around since I replaced the Strike with the CW body. hmmm~

Realized the other day that one of his pouches broke off. Debating on cutting my losses with this figure and selling it and picking up CW or something.

Rewatched this movie last night for the 4th of July. Still a great flick.
I never understood why it got so much hate. Although to be fair, it seems like the people not liking it were just way louder than the ones enjoying it coz strangely I know a lot of people who love TFA.

I never understood why it got so much hate. Although to be fair, it seems like the people not liking it were just way louder than the ones enjoying it coz strangely I know a lot of people who love TFA.

People didn't like it? Weird, haven't seen it in a while, but it's one of my favourite MCU films.

Realized the other day that one of his pouches broke off. Debating on cutting my losses with this figure and selling it and picking up CW or something.

If CW is referring to Civil War, that version is awesome. I have most of the Caps and I really like them all. I couldn't bring myself to sell any of them, unless it was due to an extreme emergency.

Last edited:

You can always try to find a replacement belt if it's not an easy fix. I know another one of my figures had a pouch fall out and I just superglued it back and it looked just fine.

Rewatched this movie last night for the 4th of July. Still a great flick.

Me too. As time goes on appreciating this film more and more - stellar performances, really well done.:clap

If CW is referring to Civil War, that version is awesome. I have most of the Caps and I really like them all. I couldn't bring myself to sell any of them, unless
it was due to an extreme emergency.

Yeah, I wish I had got on train sooner $$$. Didn't really plan it but my modest collection kinda evolved into a loose movie character arc based on Cap and Bucky. Re-watching the film was wishing I had Rescue Cap among others:drool. Oh, well, guess at this point it'll be LESS figs that cost MORE:horror. Laughably (for the most part) I try to get reasonable deals on the 'bay but not that easy. Agree CW Cap is awesome and wish I had had the funds at the time to get two, but you can only do what you can do.

I have seen zero hate for TFA. In fact, it seems as though Cap's trilogy is regarded as the strongest in the MCU, of the characters who have gotten trilogies (though I'm hoping Thor's ends strong this November).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

People didn't like it? Weird, haven't seen it in a while, but it's one of my favourite MCU films.

For myself looking back gonna guess it's the "shadow" of the edgy, cheeky, badassery of Iron Man and that tinge of "old fashioned" with First Avenger. Like at first think I didn't REALLY watch TFA even tho I would have said it's a good movie. Then I go back and in the context of TWS and CW and it's like I'm paying more attention and just d*mn First Avenger is just such a good film - great editing, some great shots, terrific performances. Love the Howling Commandos. I've even toyed w. picking up one of the dancing girl outfits and a body to sort of set the scene on the shelf w. some old posters etc. to go w. my Golden Age Cap.

Except he's with Winter Soldier so LOL guess I need another Cap.:monkey3 $$$

I have seen zero hate for TFA. In fact, it seems as though Cap's trilogy is regarded as the strongest in the MCU, of the characters who have gotten trilogies (though I'm hoping Thor's ends strong this November).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well, Cap was thought of by some as boring until TWS. E.g. "the least favorite avenger" according to some articles. I know I didn't pay that much attention until TWS:slap. But aside from the *badassery* in that film think it's where Cap's nobility? w. all the corruption around him really stands out.

Well, Cap was thought of by some as boring until TWS. E.g. "the least favorite avenger" according to some articles. I know I didn't pay that much attention until TWS:slap. But aside from the *badassery* in that film think it's where Cap's nobility? w. all the corruption around him really stands out.

His "nobility"? Are you suggesting he's not noble in that film?

And what corruption?

Oh I have seen enough. But as I said, the critics were just way louder than the ones liking it it seems. It does have flaws, I agree but then again it's got loads and loads to make up for them. Look, I'm biased. :lol Love that movie so much for so many different reasons that it's totally in my top 3 with TWS and Guardians. :dunno I'm still mad at HT for only making Cap and Red Skull ... I'd pretty much get all the Howlies and Howard and Erskine and Peggy ... even Philipps! XD And I would KILL for a skinny Steve HT ...

Back