Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, like many others, my shield that came with my FA Cap paint has flaked off something awful. Two questions:
1. Has anyone just repainted the whole thing? what did you use and how did it turn out?
2. What do people recommend looking for in regards to a replacement shield?

Okay, like many others, my shield that came with my FA Cap paint has flaked off something awful. Two questions:
1. Has anyone just repainted the whole thing? what did you use and how did it turn out?

1. I havent seen a repainted one but I imagine one would have to be pretty talented to make it look good.
2. The Civil War Cap one is nice or the Avengers Cap battle damaged one.

It's not that hard to repaint if you know what you are doing. But if you don't.... Then it is hard, lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-Hot...901091?hash=item4650003323:g:sqQAAOSwGIRXZj3y

will the winter soldier version fit?

902186-captain-america-and-steve-rogers-010.jpg

If you dig the through the board - there's some good posts about shield repaints - not a quick job but pics look amazing. I've got a flaky shield I am going to re-paint - think the poster was using Tamiya paints and semi-gloss coat + masking areas for color.

But if I had to get another shield I'd definitely go for a diecast $$$. Tho the earlier plastic version I have think will be great w. WS re the shield grab pose. From earlier posts problem seems to be chrome coat over plastic is causing the paint to flake.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the FA Cap have a head without the neck piece? At least Rescue Cap has so I'm assuming the other has too. The WS Steve head has the neck already attached so I guess you'll need a head without neck. or are there adapters one could use?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the FA Cap have a head without the neck piece? At least Rescue Cap has so I'm assuming the other has too. The WS Steve head has the neck already attached so I guess you'll need a head without neck. or are there adapters one could use?

Yep, it does. The neck on FA Cap does separate from the body, so once you remove that, you can attach the WS Steve Rogers head to the figure. If I recall, it looked a little big on the stock body though. There may be some pictures lying around in either this or the Stealth Cap thread.

My vote goes for the unmasked head from the first Avengers figure- it's not a neutral face sculpt, so it may not work as well in a standing museum pose. Unlike Rescue Cap, the hair looks more accurate and isn't matted down.

A little, yes. I'd go with the sculpt from the Rescue Cap figure if you want a neutral expression, or with the unmasked sculpt from the A1 figure if you want an action pose.

The body for this figure is a little smaller than the bodies they used for TWS line.

Thanks I'll look into it but Rescue Cap HS looks nothing like Steve Rogers.

Last edited:
Go with the unmasked A1 sculpt then.

Unless your heart is set on TWS sculpt, which I'm getting the sense it seems to be. It's your figure, so put the sculpt on it that you like most. But you asked for others' opinion, and mine is TWS sculpt is too big on this figure's body.

To be honest, I think the WS/AoU/CW unmasked head looks a bit big even on the newer bodies...

Also, if you're set on using the newer unmasked head, there's also the option to do a body swap with one of the newer bodies (Avengers, TWS, or AoU). It'll alleviate some of the proportion concerns, but you'll need to be comfortable taking off all the clothing and putting it onto a larger body (the top is especially difficult). If I have time later this week, I can take a picture of the newer head sculpt on a body-swapped TFA Cap.

To be honest, I think the WS/AoU/CW unmasked head looks a bit big even on the newer bodies...

Also, if you're set on using the newer unmasked head, there's also the option to do a body swap with one of the newer bodies (Avengers, TWS, or AoU). It'll alleviate some of the proportion concerns, but you'll need to be comfortable taking off all the clothing and putting it onto a larger body (the top is especially difficult). If I have time later this week, I can take a picture of the newer head sculpt on a body-swapped TFA Cap.
That would be great! I'd love to see that as well. :)

Go with the unmasked A1 sculpt then.

Unless your heart is set on TWS sculpt, which I'm getting the sense it seems to be. It's your figure, so put the sculpt on it that you like most. But you asked for others' opinion, and mine is TWS sculpt is too big on this figure's body.

just because I like you I'm going to take your advice and go with the unmasked sculpt from the A1. :1-1::love:love

there were some 3rd party sculpts that were before the winter soldier on evil bay... i picked one up and fit perfect and was the right size. sorry i don't have link or better pic... just this one i chopped to look like a poster a while back. but the hair is the give away as it is more the style like he had in FA. the sculpt has the hair more laying to the front instead of pushed back if that make sense.

That looks great!

just because I like you I'm going to take your advice and go with the unmasked sculpt from the A1. :1-1::love:love

You could potentially go that route also and shop around to see if you can find an after market sculpt that has a good likeness and where the hair is styled how it was in TFA.

The only drawback with the unmasked A1 sculpt is it has gritted teeth (like the faceplate with the CW figure), so you're somewhat limited as to how you could pose the figure to match the expression.

Back