Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the acquisition, he's a really cool figure. Probably one of the better Evans helmeted likenesses actually in my opinion. The only issue I've had with mine is one of the straps on one of the leather pouches on the belt came unglued and I had to glue it back down.

Congrats on the acquisition, he's a really cool figure. Probably one of the better Evans helmeted likenesses actually in my opinion. The only issue I've had with mine is one of the straps on one of the leather pouches on the belt came unglued and I had to glue it back down.

Cheers man, sounds a bit DX07-ish haha.
Can't wait to see this in my detolf I'll post a pic tomorrow night :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone done a body swap on this guy? I'm thinking of trying my strike suit caps body on this? Anyone know if it would work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got him today! But I've decided not to keep him.
If anyone wants to pick the guy up cheap as chips let me know. Looking for a quick sale too :)

a9aa74e4d5a11b9a060ffa2f73c5bed5.jpg

I got him today! But I've decided not to keep him.
If anyone wants to pick the guy up cheap as chips let me know. Looking for a quick sale too :)

a9aa74e4d5a11b9a060ffa2f73c5bed5.jpg

Looks awesome! But why no keep?

This guy definitely looks better with a BD shield though.

Has anyone done a body swap on this guy? I'm thinking of trying my strike suit caps body on this? Anyone know if it would work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've swapped in the first Avengers body (which is the same as the Stealth Cap body), and it works fine. The elbow/shoulder articulation is better, the chest is more full, and the figure is a tiny bit taller overall. Just be careful zipping the top back up so that you don't break it (it's a tight fit).

My Cap is currently in a box (as are all my other figures), but here are some pictures of someone else's body swapped TFA Cap: (post# 5282).

Looks awesome! But why no keep?

This guy definitely looks better with a BD shield though.

Yeah I know, I'd love to keep him but I have the strike suit version that I've modded. And I have the civil war version on order. I can only have two caps in my collection.

So my idea was get this and see if I like it more than my modded strike suit ver.
Much to my surprise the strike version just about cut it!

I do love this suit though! Haha

Haha yeah, at first glance it must be like "oi! That's mine!" :p

I did that recently with a custom I sold someone. They shared it on here and it was a little odd. But they were so happy and enthusiastic about it that it made me feel a bit better.

He is still my favorite captain.... even though I also have CW capt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I did that recently with a custom I sold someone. They shared it on here and it was a little odd. But they were so happy and enthusiastic about it that it made me feel a bit better.

Regretted selling my First avenger so much I bought another one from a forum member unboxed.

I just stood CW Cap next to FA Cap and it makes the first figure look before super soldier serum. Has anyone swapped to a larger body for FA cap and does the costume fit a larger body?

do you still have him on the stock pegs? if so, you can upgrade him to the taller ankle pegs and makes a big difference in height.

I just stood CW Cap next to FA Cap and it makes the first figure look before super soldier serum. Has anyone swapped to a larger body for FA cap and does the costume fit a larger body?

Check my post 5 posts above yours. :lecture And here's another picture (post #4398) with a body swap.

It won't fit. It's pretty tightly tailored.

It's a tight fit, but the Stealth/Avengers/AoU body does fit the TFA costume, plus the articulation is actually improved. I haven't tried any larger bodies than that though.

Back