Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used needle nose pliers to reach them. they come out pretty easy.

Needle nosed pliers are best.
BUT, if you don't have any, get a bit of blu tack(A tiny little blob, about the size of a HT figure's thumb give or take) and put it into the leg peg hole on the figure. Then push the boots on and once on, give them a pull. The peg should now be firmly attached to the body side and pop out easily enough. If not, try again with more blu tack. Eventually the fit will be tight enough that the pegs give way from the boots.

Appreciate it, fellas.

Appreciate it, fellas.

No worries.
I used the needle nosed pliers trick to remove the pegs from a set of CR Superman boots. I was putting them on a TTM19 and it's a bit shorter than the Reeve body, so i bought Captain America long pegs and replaced the CR ones with those to lengthen the Superman custom.
But on reflection, the blu tack method would also have worked.

Really like the way The Avengers headsculpt works on this guy..
bR37l.jpg

So I've noticed on my figure around the pants, near the stitching, they have yellowed/browned...and I just noticed on Feman's shot above, his has also.

I don't handle my figures very often, and am curious as to why this has happened.

It looks the business right enough. I have been trying to find a rescue version head sculpt for a reasonable price for ages, but they seem to fetch a fair amount of cash on Ebay and no-one on here seems to be selling them.

It looks the business right enough. I have been trying to find a rescue version head sculpt for a reasonable price for ages, but they seem to fetch a fair amount of cash on Ebay and no-one on here seems to be selling them.

do you think the rescue version match better than the avengers one?!

Nice work Rory.

I wonder if the new avengers cap body would work well with this TFA. Thinking of picking one up. Any thoughts?

Yup. No problems getting mine on or off. I already swapped the body once but I'm not happy with the narrow body I used. Gonna use that for something else once I get the solid snake body in.

I just pulled the shoulder pads, that were glued, free from the sleeves and unbuckled the straps. It was a pain getting them back on again but the body slipped into the shirt much easier.

Back