Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S74, love that you decided to add something on the fig that is not movie-accurate. That belt looks great on it.

I would love love love for someone to make a clear plastic shield stand so you could have it in front of Cap for a throwing or receiving display.

I would love love love for someone to make a clear plastic shield stand so you could have it in front of Cap for a throwing or receiving display.

This would work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Medicom-12...0918?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c64b2f5a6

I used one here.

100_3880.jpg

Hey Steve, I love the extra stuff you put onto Cap's extra belt. I may have to try that. It looks great. This figure is awesome. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do a evolution of Captain America display, getting the 4 versions of him.

If I can get the Golden Age version, I will have all 4 on display, until they make another version that is.

I've recently started collecting Hot Toys figures and was wondering which version of Captain America I should get. The FA or TA version, any input is appreciated. Thanks

I've recently started collecting Hot Toys figures and was wondering which version of Captain America I should get. The FA or TA version, any input is appreciated. Thanks

If you had to pick one I think the Avengers Cap is superb. I like my FA version and the Rescue Version is awesome but TA version is an all around perfect looking figure to me. Of course, he's not in hand yet to verify.

Neither. The Rescue version is where it's at. That being said, I'm looking forward to building my Avengers set.

There are 4 versions released or to be released (so far):

1. First Avenger (official movie costume)
2. Recue Cap (leather jacket, triangular shield, "A" helmet).
3. Golden Age Cap (USO show outfit, most like the comic but w/ triangular shield)
4. Avengers Cap

#1 and 2 are out. #1 is immediately identifiable as Cap. Outfit restricts articulation, esp in arms. Still a very solid figure. #2 is a technical improvement in many ways, but lacks the traditional look and shield if that matters.

#3 is a bit goofy with a more classic, head to toe spandex costume. Official specs aren't out yet.

#4 is the modernized uniform. Two shields (both circular, one damaged one fresh) and two head sculpts (w and wout mask). Has a Chitauri weapon as a bonus but not sure what use it is.

Of course, Cap 2 comes out next year so we may yet see a fifth figure.

So right now the questions I have for you are:
1. Do you prefer something closer to the classic look?
2. Woud you rather masked or unmasked?
3. Do you need it now or can you wait?
4. Do you prefer WW2 or modern look?

There are 4 versions released or to be released (so far):

1. First Avenger (official movie costume)
2. Recue Cap (leather jacket, triangular shield, "A" helmet).
3. Golden Age Cap (USO show outfit, most like the comic but w/ triangular shield)
4. Avengers Cap

#1 and 2 are out. #1 is immediately identifiable as Cap. Outfit restricts articulation, esp in arms. Still a very solid figure. #2 is a technical improvement in many ways, but lacks the traditional look and shield if that matters.

#3 is a bit goofy with a more classic, head to toe spandex costume. Official specs aren't out yet.

#4 is the modernized uniform. Two shields (both circular, one damaged one fresh) and two head sculpts (w and wout mask). Has a Chitauri weapon as a bonus but not sure what use it is.

Of course, Cap 2 comes out next year so we may yet see a fifth figure.

So right now the questions I have for you are:
1. Do you prefer something closer to the classic look?
2. Woud you rather masked or unmasked?
3. Do you need it now or can you wait?
4. Do you prefer WW2 or modern look?

I prefer something that looks like the the modern comicbook version, the wait isn't a big deal but I would prefer something that will be out within the next 3 months. Thanks.

I prefer something that looks like the the modern comicbook version, the wait isn't a big deal but I would prefer something that will be out within the next 3 months. Thanks.

If I had to choose one, I'll def pick the TFA version...simply because I find his costume there to be more fascinating and a work of art that they're able to capture the Cap look with the WWII theme.

If I had to choose one, I'll def pick the TFA version...simply because I find his costume there to be more fascinating and a work of art that they're able to capture the Cap look with the WWII theme.

Whereas I recommend going with Avengers Cap for the extra shield, head sculpt and apparant articulation. TFA Cap doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so I would at least wait until TA Cap hits so you can make a more informed choice.

I have the First Avengers Cap and I think he's great, basically my go-to Cap figure look. However, since I'll be working towards completing the Avengers line-up, I have to get the Avengers Cap, as well.

Right now I don't see alot of First Avengers Caps out there, but I'm not sure if the ones out there are going to dry up now that other Caps are going to be released - people may feel the need to go back to the First Avengers Cap if they're working on completing a Cap line-up.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I'm going to wait it out and see how TA version turns out.

I'll probably get #(($ for this, but I'd like to see Hot Toys revisit this figure and do a 2.0 in the future. Maybe not for a couple years, but eventually, b/c while it's nice, it's not up to par likeness wise with the Rescue version and TA version. Plus he needs his compass. Why has no one made custom compass' yet for us, lol. Plus given the issues with the shield, I figure in a couple years time we're all going to need new shields. :(

Back