Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering picking this up while its still a good price on ebay. Is the body swap to an advanced TT necessary because of height?

The articulation really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Its a bit restricted but if you work with it you shouldnt have too much of a problem.

Did you buy one? If the product looks like it does in the picture i'll probably get one. Hoping to hear feedback first on someone who has one.

Nope, not yet. Think I'll get one only after Hot Toys The Avengers Captain America is out. Though the sellers of the head sculpt seem to be constantly adding different photos of the product. No idea why they used it on.... why don't you guys see for yourself. :rotfl

534442_305707602846726_1580494554_n.jpg

what is your plan ?

I want to have just a helmet prop so he can hold it. Maybe put some brown leather looking pads on the inside for detail. I'll get either the avengers reveal head or the Rescue head if it's decent to put on my TFA.

It's pretty easy to make taller foot pegs if you need some. I just took a regular pair and cut them in to middle of the post. Then I drilled a 1/16 hole from the inside and cut a metal post the same size as Caps. All you have to do then is put the post in the peg halves and make sure they are the same height. View attachment 47603
I used lawn market flag posts form Lowes for the posts. Very strong.

Removing the helmet has become a lot more complicated than I first expected. I pretty much ruined it trying to get it off. It's really glued on well. You literally have to pry the helmet away from the back of the head where it's slotted in and away from the face where it's heavily glued.
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg

Removing the helmet has become a lot more complicated than I first expected. I pretty much ruined it trying to get it off. It's really glued on well. You literally have to pry the helmet away from the back of the head where it's slotted in and away from the face where it's heavily glued.
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
maybe you should have used some heat to make the glue softer,before destroing it....:dunno

Back