Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my perfect Cap is no more :) Just popped the clasp off the holster like a lot of people. Good thing I've got one coming from IXI Nick IXI after I pay him (Payment is coming soon Nick, Seattle had a snow storm and I've been house bound for a couple days.).

Well, my perfect Cap is no more :) Just popped the clasp off the holster like a lot of people. Good thing I've got one coming from IXI Nick IXI after I pay him (Payment is coming soon Nick, Seattle had a snow storm and I've been house bound for a couple days.).

Yeah, I heard the north west got more snow already than they usually get all year...or something like that lol

6719799073_889a619cfe_b.jpg

6719799253_f1564d9ef6_b.jpg

6719789447_ca02d84560_o.jpg

Wallpaper-esque pics V esp. the 3rd one! :clap

Love the background. Looks like Cap just stumbled out of the Saloon, staggering around in circles with his gun half-cocked. Can't get drunk my ass! :lol

A crooked star's not so bad, the bandolier covers that up easily :D

the star has "pegs" that go through the shirt and are glue in...i dont think cutting any threads would help to straighten it

Thanks guys. My Cap is definitely a keeper and the star is partly covered by the bandolier. I am just happy the A wasn't crooked.

6719799253_f1564d9ef6_b.jpg

That close-up shows just how magnificent the detail on the HS really is; so lifelike. :thud:

great pics guys. unfortunately i had to send my 2 figures back to sideshow for a refund due to crooked A's and crooked stars. i think i'm just going to hold out for an avengers cap.

Too bad you don't have a retailer near you where you can inspect it first hand before purchase.

yeah but honestly when i got the figure in hand i was pretty let down. it just looked a lot better to me in the prototype pics. i'm glad i was able to return them.

I don't know if this has been done by anyone else but I just finished a really tiny mod.

I shortened the shoulder belt/bandoiler by finding the join (mine was under one of the pouches so I just slid the pouches up the belt). I then peeled apart the joint very carefully, cut off about 1/2 inch of the belt then re-glued the two ends together just how they were before. I used super glue. It was such an easy mod and it makes all the difference. It now sits snuggly around his shoulder just like in the movie.

Before
e7ce5afe-1.jpg

After
c978b7c3.jpg

Nice. I love seeing the enthusiasm for this figure. Every time I walk past it I have to stop and stare at its sheer awesomeness! I put the longer ankle pegs in and it makes him exactly 12" tall which is 6 foot chris Evans true height.
339ea33a.jpg

1fa633eb.jpg

56150edc.jpg

He is next to my modded Thor on a CR body. It makes him 12 1/2" tall or 6'3" which is Chris Hemsworth's height instead of 12 3/8".

Fresh pics

I was able to snap just a quick few photos this morning with natural light, and can't wait to take a ton this weekend. What a fantastic figure!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Hi, after seeing all the pics and mods in this thread I've decided to go ahead and pick him up. This will be my first figure, although I have another on pre-order already. Anyway, thanks for everyone's feedback, photos and thoughts on this piece as it was really useful for a someone like me to get a lot of research and opinions on it first.

Just ordered mine from Alter-Ego Comics for $152.99 he looks like a great figure (I loved the Movie) I needed a non -ironman hot toys figure so he will be my first non armored avenger.

Back