Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. So much for Sideshow claiming their entire stock had both crooked A's and titled stars. Pitu should insist that they send him a different figure, even though they claim they all look like his.

:exactly: I almost cancelled because all the defects, I am glad I stuck it out. amazing figure......

More bandwidth friendly:
post-5392-1326860539.jpg

:exactly: I almost cancelled because all the defects, I am glad I stuck it out. amazing figure......
Agreed. One thing I noticed is that the neck tends to creep up when turning it, so you've got to push it back down afterward. I've seen a lot of photos posted with giraffe neck syndrome and now I know why :eek:

Received mine yesterday. The A is straight and the shield looks great :yess:

Unfortunately the star is crooked :mad:

Since I have heard stories about other uniforms with poor stitching, I guess I'll just live with it. Didn't someone else on the board say they cut some stitches to straighten out their star?

I don't know if this is the first figure Hot Toys has given an adam's apple, but it's the first one I've owned that includes a pretty prominent one! For that reason, I've found that he can look awfully strange if you turn his head but leave his neck straight forward; luckily the neck itself can also be turned. It's a bit of a pain to rotate, but I find it gives a much nicer look if his adam's apple and chin are facing the same direction.

I finally received mine today from Sideshow. The star is a little off, no big deal. There is a small shiny paint rub on the front of the helmet, which is seen as the light hits it at different angles. what is the deal with Hot Toys and the heads lately. I know some had this issue with their Superman figures and the new OC Batman figures. Will dull coat correct this?

Back