Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pizzacap4modifi1.jpg

pizzacap7modifi1.jpg

Looks like a real person in these two to me. Great pics and setting!

Opened mine up last night. Have to say i was relieved to see his chest star nice and straight, and his helmet A straight too.

No other issues with mine thankfully, however when i set him up, i did start to notice the shortness issue.
Standing next to Iron man mark IV and superman, he does look very short!
It didnt concern me that much before but now im curious to see how much better he would look with these 'long foot' pegs.
By the way, whats the story with these?
Do they come in the box as extras, or are you guys just sourcing them elsewhere???
Apologies if its already been mentioned, just dont have time to go back and check out previous pages at the moment :rolleyes2

Apart from that, hes awesome! :clap

I got my CAP today. I am 100% satified. I love the figure and all the accessories. Shield, weapons, everything. The blue in the uniform looks great. It looked a little light in a few pics posted. Note to sell, posted pics are NOT gospel! I think the head sculpt is great. The packaging is possible my favorite of any HT. CR Supes may be 1A to its 1B.

LOVE IT!
LOVE IT!
LOVE IT!

Next stop, War Machine ( SE )

If you got the long foot pegs, they would be in the same section of the packaging as the extra wrist pegs & extra buttons.

Got mine last night and he's great, but I have one slight problem. His left arm can't seem to bend at the elbow. The right one gave after a little force, but the left one ain't budging. There's some give, but I'm terrified to keep going and snapping the limb. Also, due to the costume, I'm completely unaware where the actual joint is. Maybe it's turned around, and I'm bending it the wrong way. Any advice?

Got mine last night and he's great, but I have one slight problem. His left arm can't seem to bend at the elbow. The right one gave after a little force, but the left one ain't budging. There's some give, but I'm terrified to keep going and snapping the limb. Also, due to the costume, I'm completely unaware where the actual joint is. Maybe it's turned around, and I'm bending it the wrong way. Any advice?

take off his gloves & lover part of the gloves.... you should be able to see the orientation of the forearm.

Got mine tonight, just some quick pics. the first impression was way too short, so I switched to the longer foot pegs here's the result.I haven't futzed that much with it, yet, probably mess with it tomorrow, but I recommend highly on replacing the shorter foot pegs, it makes a world of difference. Realized the neck was too far out, I'll adjust it more tomorrow.
IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

Last edited:
His left arm can't seem to bend at the elbow. The right one gave after a little force, but the left one ain't budging. There's some give, but I'm terrified to keep going and snapping the limb. Also, due to the costume, I'm completely unaware where the actual joint is. Maybe it's turned around, and I'm bending it the wrong way. Any advice?
This was ( is ) my issue also just didnt want to try to bend it so much it snaps...
Also the holster broke when i was tryin to out the holster clip thing back in,,found some small magnets on line,,but shipping is like $18...Damn!!!!!

Last edited:
Got mine tonight, just some quick pics. the first impression was way too short, so I switched to the longer foot pegs here's the result.I haven't futzed that much with it, yet, probably mess with it tomorrow, but I recommend highly on replacing the shorter foot pegs, it makes a world of difference. Realized the neck was too far out, I'll adjust it more tomorrow.
]

All kinds of wrong...

I don't think Cap should be as tall as Stark in his Iron Man suit..just looks really wrong.

You have to push that head down more man.. XD

All kinds of wrong...

I don't think Cap should be as tall as Stark in his Iron Man suit..just looks really wrong.

You have to push that head down more man.. XD

I know, I just realized it, so after messing with the head, but still using the longer foot pegs
IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg
]
IMG_1550.jpg

With Superman, Supes still is a giant for some reason
IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

roll up the sleeve and warm up the arm a little with a hair dryer

Both of my elbows were stuck. I just had to gently start bending and applying more and more pressure until they started to move. They eventually broke free so that I could pose them. One thing to keep in mind is to hold the arms as close to the elbow joint as you can to keep pressure off of the rest of the arms so you don't get breakage. It was scary though. I thought for sure they were going to snap but if you do it slowly it should be fine.

Back