Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for those who have this on hand if you're thinking of switching out the body with a regular TT. please post the results. i want to do the same thing, I like the idea of increasing the range of movement on the elbow and using that body for another figure.

maybe thats all that came in his box and he didn't get any accessories. Maybe thats what is wrong.

I just really hate that the boots are sculpted, I was hoping since DX Jack got fabric boots that that'd be the standard from now on. Hate sculpted footwear.

32286L.jpg

:rotfl Hockey stick on the side of his helmet.

I think QC problems are annoying, but at least you can get a replacement. It's when a figure has no QC problems, but still doesn't meet my expectations, is when I am disappointed. Whether I set them too high or not to begin with.

I know the helmet isn't made to be removable but what I want to know is it sculpted seperately and glued on and with some work can be removed or is it actually part of the head? I ask cause one it looks seperate in the pics and two if it can be taken off I want to use the helmet for a bash but not the head

I see alot of disappointed collectors here with this figure and I can totally agree with them. The more I look at this figure the more I'm disappointed with it. The uniform is too light and the head sculpt seems real off. Did HT really push these out as fast as they can? They were probably trying to save a few dollars on fabric and chose another kind of fabric for the uniform figuring the shade difference wouldn't have made a difference. It seems to me lately that HT has stopped caring about their customers and just releasing these figures because they know people will buy them. I know in the past that I've said that HT is a business and that they do release these figures people they make them money, but this is taking it to another level. The QC issue has reached a whole new level. These figures either have some kind of QC issue or it looks really different from the production pics. I don't know how the releases for Spiderman, New Goblin, or Alice are cause I haven't followed them. Does anyone know of any issues there?

Yup you can't avoid QC issues and yup they're toys. I heard that HT will make COA (Certificate of Authenticity) on their figures to prevent Fakes as well good quality figures. Hopefully this will be implemented on their next releases.

I can't accept HT Cap so dropped price and sold it...I trust HT but they sell me a trash. I won't pre-order HT product from now on but still worry about pre-ordered Jack Sparrow QC cuz it's more complex hand-made than Cap......

I see alot of disappointed collectors here with this figure and I can totally agree with them. The more I look at this figure the more I'm disappointed with it. The uniform is too light and the head sculpt seems real off. Did HT really push these out as fast as they can? They were probably trying to save a few dollars on fabric and chose another kind of fabric for the uniform figuring the shade difference wouldn't have made a difference. It seems to me lately that HT has stopped caring about their customers and just releasing these figures because they know people will buy them. I know in the past that I've said that HT is a business and that they do release these figures people they make them money, but this is taking it to another level. The QC issue has reached a whole new level. These figures either have some kind of QC issue or it looks really different from the production pics. I don't know how the releases for Spiderman, New Goblin, or Alice are cause I haven't followed them. Does anyone know of any issues there?

From what I know Spider-man is an exception to what seems to be the continuing nrom now. Maybe Superman too mind you, but HT's track record has not been good lately.

1) Alice: people say that the head was changed to look worse than the prototype pictures, i believe there are other issues.

2) Batman/Bruce Wayne SDCC exl: Undersized head, most have shiny foreheads from the tape. All have dents in the right side of the rubber suit. Cape is junk and won't stay on. Rubber is made out of a cheaper, thinner material than the original, almost sure to rot, a lot have broken ankles in the package.

3) Indiana Jones: Awful looking head sculpt, many seem to have different looking head sculpts i.e. not consistent. some are bloated others undersized. Most of the problems here lies to the fact that people never liked the prototype and the final version looks even worse.

4) captain America: Baby blue, too tight fitting suit, worse looking head than the prototype. gaps in neck, bad movement etc.

This is looking bad folks, it seems like HT may have reached their peak and they are dangerously treading the route of falling from grace.

I heard that HT will make COA (Certificate of Authenticity) on their figures to prevent Fakes as well good quality figures. Hopefully this will be implemented on their next releases.
Sounds cool. Where did you hear this?

I can't accept HT Cap so dropped price and sold it...I trust HT but they sell me a trash.
captain America: Baby blue, too tight fitting suit, worse looking head than the prototype. gaps in neck, bad movement etc.
Tight fitting suit & bad movement (I don't mind the colour)? There's more problems with this figure? Come on HT, not this figure :gah:

This was looking like a possible candidate for figure of the year from you guys HT :thud:

Batman/Bruce Wayne SDCC exl: Undersized head, most have shiny foreheads from the tape. All have dents in the right side of the rubber suit. Cape is junk and won't stay on. Rubber is made out of a cheaper, thinner material than the original, almost sure to rot, a lot have broken ankles in the package.
I cancelled mine, & haven't been frequenting that thread, so I didn't know about all of these QC problems :horror

Back