Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's more of a lighting issue with the color wash. But I'm not sure cause I don't have one yet. It still looks good to me even if the costume is lighter and the eye holes bigger. They actually made the eye holes bigger in the movie for cris Evans. They had several different helmets and settled on the bigger eye holes for the movie. Maybe HT changed it from the prototype early production helmet to more resemble the final one used for the movie. Check the extras on the blu ray. The smaller eye holes may look cooler but they are not movie accurate.

While I don't think HT is really on a downward spiral, I do have to say I am annoyed at their insistence on using the full-on muscle bodies on figures that are mostly covered up, like Cap, Thor and Indy because it hinders their poseability. You can maybe argue that Indy could benefit in case anyone wanted to make a TOD version, but Cap and Thor should really have used a non-muscle body.

Part of what I love about these high end figures is their impressive range of articulation. Limiting the amount that the elbow can bend really limits the poses you can achieve.

The TT advanced is pretty muscular, isn't it? I mean, it would fill the clothing just as well, wouldn't it? And you get the double joint in the elbow.

Yep, the TT Advanced would have been a good choice, or even going with a hybrid version like they did with the Superman figure.

But these kind of arms on a figure you would not display shirtless (or even with any portion of the forearm exposed) makes no sense :huh

What's the problem now?

Prototype:

380169843bac02fc.jpg

Final product:
7b114735.jpg

^ Pics above show no real problems. I dont know why people all of a sudden dislike the sculpt. It never did look like CE to begin with.

Im starting to get worried with HT track record of late. With 3 Keatons, and 3 Jacks on PO, the constant reading of bad products being shipped out has me concerned.

Although I see some differences and that the prototype helmet is nicer (to me) than the production version, I cannot fathom why people think this toy is the anti-Christ.

Sounds cool. Where did you hear this?

Tight fitting suit & bad movement (I don't mind the colour)? There's more problems with this figure? Come on HT, not this figure :gah:

This was looking like a possible candidate for figure of the year from you guys HT :thud:

I cancelled mine, & haven't been frequenting that thread, so I didn't know about all of these QC problems :horror

I heard those rumors in facebook.. Well actually it's a big help for us collectors if HT will implement COA on their products :)

My opinion is that Hot Toys has reached the top of this business and they think they are untouchable. They have no competition not even Enterbay, and they think that they can release all the figures they want and people will buy them. Sadly this is true. No matter how plagued our figures have been with QC issues we continue to buy these figures. So Hot Toys sees this as a sign that they can release under par figures like Indy, Capt, DX Batman, Bruce Wayne exc etc. and it would be fine with us. It's OUR fault now that we keep getting these bad figures. Hot Toys HAS become untouchable. Their sales won't go down because we will always buy these figures. We buy now and sell later. We buy these figures to see how they turned out and if we don't like them what do we do? We resell them. Does HT care that we resell these figures? NO! They made the money off that figure already. It doesn't matter that were unhappy with them we buy them anyway. Numbers don't lie. Hot Toys will make money no matter what kind of product they release. Good figures bad figures people will buy it. So why not go for the cheaper material to release the same figure?

With 3 Keatons, and 3 Jacks on PO, the constant reading of bad products being shipped out has me concerned.
:horror Ballin' :lol

I heard those rumors in facebook.. Well actually it's a big help for us collectors if HT will implement COA on their products :)
I don't think it will stop the naughty counterfeiters :lol But I like the sound of there actually being a limited edition size for figures. Unless of course there is a time when I'm not able to get a figure I want, because it was too limited :slap

Actually, COA might not be good :lol Buy from SSC or another trusted seller to avoid buying fakes :D

based on some videos and pics that is actually what the blue looks like the baby blue ones seem to be when the flash is on or the figure has too much light on it

Re: What's the problem now?

Prototype:

380169843bac02fc.jpg

Final product:
7b114735.jpg

The figure looks the same to me and whatever changes seems so minor i can't really see them. The only thing that stands out is the neck length. And that may just be the angle of the shot, won't know until I get my copy.

As for the color wash, even the prototype shows the difference in color between the costume and the helmet. It's just magnified under lighting.

Back