Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also shoot projectile that doesn't work.
Hey, don't knock those gimmicks. Some will start pulling out the pitch-forks if you try to criticize Hot Toys' use of the Hasbro translucent plastic light-up process. I'm sure Hot Toys figures with spring-loaded weapons would also be vigorously defended.

Hey, don't knock those gimmicks. Some will start pulling out the pitch-forks if you try to criticize Hot Toys' use of the Hasbro translucent plastic light-up process. I'm sure Hot Toys figures with spring-loaded weapons would also be vigorously defended.

Maybe I should flip these bad boys and get some hot toys. Nah, Hot toys are not accurate. These ones are also easier to replace batteries and can with stand nose dive

Maybe I should flip these bad boys and get some hot toys. Nah, Hot toys are not accurate. These ones are also easier to replace batteries and can with stand nose dive
It's actually cool that you are able to still collect those after being exposed to HT. For myself, it was difficult to go back, but I still collect some lower end, mass-produced toys as I collect Minimates, Kubricks, and a Transformer or DCUC figure here or there.

My wife said the same thing to me

:horror:horror:horror

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
It's actually cool that you are able to still collect those after being exposed to HT. For myself, it was difficult to go back, but I still collect some lower end, mass-produced toys as I collect Minimates, Kubricks, and a Transformer or DCUC figure here or there.

I buy it for my son but he loses interest so I take it:dunno Those are the only ones I bought. I bought the GL for the free ring and my son had fun for a while playing with the light projector gimmick. And of course he knows Captain America and Iron Man, but playability goes so far for these awesome hot toys killer toys.

Hi folks,

I'm going to preorder Cap in the next week. Was thinking about going with either Loontentoys (ebay) or abc-express (their own site). Can anyone recommend which retailer I should go with?

Thanks!

Sideshow. I know they are more than other retailers out there but they have always been good to me on the customer service side of things so I stick with them.

If you're outside of the U.S. Then.... I don't know.

Hi folks,

I'm going to preorder Cap in the next week. Was thinking about going with either Loontentoys (ebay) or abc-express (their own site). Can anyone recommend which retailer I should go with?

Thanks!

I think I've ordered from abc-express before, and they were pretty good. But, I recommend that you purchase from an official Hot Toys distributor. Mainly because, if you happen to receive a defective figure, Hot Toys will be able to replace it. I read in another discussion around here, that Hot Toys has a new policy, and that their warranty is void if figures are purchased from unofficial channels.

Hi folks,

Thanks!

If your in the U.S., I'd go with Razorsedgecollectibles out of New York...The owner (Mike) is super nice, and Ive never had any issues with anything Ive bought from them....Just another option besides Sideshow...

Matt

Actually here, I just did it myself, looks kind of like Verbal21's sig :D

htavengers02.jpg

Here's that Hulk. I really really really Like it a lot!!! Its very impressive and the best thing is that
it looks great with the other Hot Toys.

C'mon Hot Toys...We need Cap :)

Avengers-3.jpg

Avengers-8.jpg

Avengers-5.jpg

Avengers-2.jpg

Last edited:
Here's that Hulk. I really really really Like it a lot!!! Its very impressive and the best thing is that
it looks great with the other Hot Toys.

C'mon Hot Toys...We need Cap :)

Avengers-2.jpg

It looks good but its a little small for 1/6 scale.

Yeah, that's the only thing about the Hulk. He could have used a couple more inches of height. What I had to do actually was put a clear glass ash tray underneath the stand to even give him a little bit more height. According to the seller's description, he is about 14" including the stand. On the positive side of that, if you're using a detolf, its just the right height so it'll fit, any taller and he would be hitting the top or he may not fit the shelf.
But it really is very very impressive though. The thing that's hard to translate in pictures is scale, and in hand, he is very massive. Quite heavy also. His one arm alone is almost as big as Ironman's torso. So when you have them together, it does the job of making the other figures look puny. The paintjob is also Excellent. Lots of shading.
Here's a better shot.

Hulk-1.jpg

Hulk-4.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the only thing about the Hulk. He could have used a couple more inches of height. What I had to do actually was put a clear glass ash tray underneath the stand to even give him a little bit more height. According to the seller's description, he is about 14" including the stand. On the positive side of that, if you're using a detolf, its just the right height so it'll fit, any taller and he would be hitting the top or he may not fit the shelf.
But it really is very very impressive though. The thing that's hard to translate in pictures is scale, and in hand, he is very massive. Quite heavy also. His one arm alone is almost as big as Ironman's torso. So when you have them together, it does the job of making the other figures look puny. The paintjob is also Excellent. Lots of shading.
Here's a better shot.

Hulk-1.jpg

Hulk-4.jpg

I love his pants :rock

Back