Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was joking you were fired from hot toy's assembly line of rifles and transferred to advertising photoghraphy..bad joke sorry..

Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record at this point. But no one seems to want to answer this very simple question:

Is the pistol's magazine supposed to be removeable or not??
Yeah,the 1911 has a removeable clip.It's wedged in but it does come out.The Thompson as well nad has a moveable slide.Hope this helps!:wink1:

was joking you were fired from hot toy's assembly line of rifles and transferred to advertising photoghraphy..bad joke sorry..
:lol oh ok, I get it now. Yeah, I wouldn't last two hours on the Hot Toys assembly line. They probably assemble 300 rifles in the time it took me to do the clip one one! :gah:

ha ha yea me too ..fired ...not very easy until we start modding stuff do we learn of the diffuculty of assembly of these figures...

CAPmod 2.0.
As much as I love the first mod to the helmet, I think I may have applied a little bit too much gloss. Since I'm not a pro at modding, In trying to apply it evenly, I ended up with several coats.
So I bought another head from a fellow freak in this board and this time applied it moderately.
I think I like this one better. Definitely looks closer to the film

CapNew3.jpg

Battlecap6C.jpg

CapNew2.jpg

CapNew4.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah... good luck dealing with that BS. But I can't blame them, HT needs to step up some of their QC if they're going to be raising prices and re-releasing every god damn figure.

looks killer! the only little suggestion I would make would be to go over the "A" with a flat white maybe...or not lol

Thanks Nick. Not really a pro modder, so I think I'll leave it as is. lol.
My experience with using gloss is that once its fully dry, its hard to touch it up cause it sometimes starts to clump up so I think I'll leave it alone.

I do have another Cap headsculpt that I won on ebay, and I'm gonna try to hit the middleground in using gloss. I'll add a bit more than this, but not as much as last time. Although, I think, this is already close to the film and I have a feeling this is still gonna be the better version.
We'll see.

Got this guy yesterday along with my Classic Predator. I got Cap from Alteregocomics and after looking at mine, It doesnt look like I have any defects on mine (Crooked A or Star) at all. So just letting people know that there are good versions out there and whoever from SS said that they were all like that was lying out their ass.

Back