Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah man, The second batch was supposed to include a set of longer ankle pegs to extend his height, they messed up first time. As well as improvements to some stitching on the costume and a faulty belt issue I think. You might have missed the pegs though, I got mine pretty early and thought it was first batch until I found the ankle pegs in with the wrist pegs last week.

Have a check and see? I still haven't figured out how to get the old pegs out of the boots though, maybe a long tweezers..
:dunno

Needle nose pliers worked easily for me, the reg pegs are not lodged in too deep, with some needle nose pliers they pop out easy with a little tug w/o scratching.:clap

Also,anyone that owns him, does anyone have any issues with the neck post popping off easily.

Last edited:
i just got my figure today i got the ankle pegs, but the strap where CA fist grips came unstuck right out of the box.

Called SSC but decided to fix it myself, not going to ask for a replacement.

I finally sat down to watch Cap on Blu-Ray last night, and I just got my shipping notice for him! I'll have him tomorrow! :yess:

Finally managed to get some time to crack the box open. QC wise, no problems.

Overall there is something off about this figure, the arms ar annoying as i can't get him to hold his arm out properly to point the pistol, i thinks it's more the fabric and shoulder pads being taught rather than the TT.

So it could be that or that the militaristic design makes him no fit so well with my other Marvel figs, or maybe that after Superman, he's kinda underwhelming

I'm gonna try out some more poses tomorrow as i'm not satisfied with the ones thus far, i haven't yet got him into a natural and great looking pose

Y'know what, the figure is great, just posabilty not so much and i need to find the right pose and setup for him to mix better.

The accessories are great, a good assortment of hands (although they don't hold the shield :( ) the Shield is awesome.

I didn't follow the instructions about putting the fist on after attacthing it to the shield, i simply slid the arm and fist through the first strap with the second unbuckled and buckled that into the fist, probably easier than the instructions way.

Would've been better IMO to have the Shield a little scuffed as he never had it prisitine in the film.

Another note than i both like and dislike is the 1911, it doesn't have the standard movable slider and removable mag (not that i could tell) which i do prefer, but the price should've been adjusted as they did less for that piece.

Last edited:
My box didn't come with the extended foot pegs but HT sent me out a pair and they arrived today. :yess::yess::yess::yess:

You got them from HT directly? I've never even been able to get them to reply to my emails.

My order for CSC just shipped today, so not sure if anyone who bought from there got theirs yet, but if so, did the CSC batch come with the pegs?

Overall there is something off about this figure, the arms ar annoying as i can't get him to hold his arm out properly to point the pistol, i thinks it's more the fabric and shoulder pads being taught rather than the TT.

So it could be that or that the militaristic design makes him no fit so well with my other Marvel figs, or maybe that after Superman, he's kinda underwhelming

I'm gonna try out some more poses tomorrow as i'm not satisfied with the ones thus far, i haven't yet got him into a natural and great looking pose

Y'know what, the figure is great, just posabilty not so much and i need to find the right pose and setup for him to mix better.

The accessories are great, a good assortment of hands (although they don't hold the shield :( ) the Shield is awesome.

I didn't follow the instructions about putting the fist on after attacthing it to the shield, i simply slid the arm and fist through the first strap with the second unbuckled and buckled that into the fist, probably easier than the instructions way.

Would've been better IMO to have the Shield a little scuffed as he never had it prisitine in the film.

Another note than i both like and dislike is the 1911, it doesn't have the standard movable slider and removable mag (not that i could tell) which i do prefer, but the price should've been adjusted as they did less for that piece.

The plastic under the shoulder pads is glued down to the suit on the shoulders and arms. The stiff plastic under the pads and the tightness of the suit is what is really hindering the articulation.

The mag does come out of the pistol as well.

I just opened my capt. today as well, and I feel exactly the same as you do. Somethings just off. hes definatley underwhelming compared to the reeves figure, he's far to frustrating to pose, and hes definatley to short compared with all my other hero figures. overall though I still like him and don't regret buying him; though, out of my 25 Hot Toys figures I havnt regreted one yet so thats not saying much.

I won't get mine until January. It sucks waiting this long, and given the mixed reviews on this item, the wait is worse. I usually don't pass judgement on a figure until I have it in hand.

Sending mine back to SSC for a replacement.:monkey2 Too many QC issues on one figure. First the zipper on the back of the jacket popped open, then the hook that holds the rear jacket strap to the belt came off of the belt. Then, to top it all off, the pants snap broke. Taking a gamble on getting a new one (My current Cap's star and A are straight), but I figure it can't be much worse than the one I've got.:pray:

You got them from HT directly? I've never even been able to get them to reply to my emails.

My order for CSC just shipped today, so not sure if anyone who bought from there got theirs yet, but if so, did the CSC batch come with the pegs?

Hopefully you don't get this driver:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhmjJCBQ-cA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhmjJCBQ-cA[/ame]

Hey, at least he had his hazard lights on while stopped alongside the road.

Safety first, customer satisfaction second. FedEx, why ship with us? :D

Here is what I posted a few days ago to get more range of motion from the shoulders.

Well, I took a look at the suit and undid the straps on the arms to try get a look at the plastic reinforcement. Part of the issue with the lack of movement is that the plastic is glued down to the suit arms and shoulders besides having the straps hold them down. I can't for the life of me get the jacket off of the body so I am just working the plastic with my fingers to try soften it up and hook the straps back up to see if that will help.

I was hoping to pull the stitching and remove the plastic but it looks like the stitching is a part of the stitching that shows on the outside of the shoulders so that may not be an option.

Well, after breaking the glue on the shoulders and arms to free the shoulder pads and working the plastic to soften it up, I have more movement. It is still restricted by the suit but I can get the arms a lot higher than I could before. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to glue the shoulder pads down other than the tighter fit to the arms when it has it's arms down.

thanks for the tip man, so what i have to do is get rid of the glue on the shoulder pad attaching the arms and i'm good to go ? the straps seems to be the permanent type, so i wouldnt bother trying the untie them.

Cap is shipping mid week next week from AE.
I got one for my nephews Christmas from SSC and had to sneak a peak. He looks great from what I could tell. I can't wait to get my personal one next week from AE.

Cap is shipping mid week next week from AE.
For everyone or just the for those people who ordered early?

I need to start paying closer attention to which figures Sideshow is offering free shipping for; turns out I'm only saving $2 by going with Alter Ego on this one. That's hardly enough savings to make up for how many more weeks I have to wait.

Last edited:
For everyone or just the for those people who ordered early?

I need to start paying closer attention to which figures Sideshow is offering free shipping for; turns out I'm only saving $2 by going with Alter Ego on this one. That's hardly enough savings to make up for how many more weeks I have to wait.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Back