Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there should be two sets of ankle pegs? I just had whatever was in the boots.

Yeah man, The second batch was supposed to include a set of longer ankle pegs to extend his height, they messed up first time. As well as improvements to some stitching on the costume and a faulty belt issue I think. You might have missed the pegs though, I got mine pretty early and thought it was first batch until I found the ankle pegs in with the wrist pegs last week.

Have a check and see? I still haven't figured out how to get the old pegs out of the boots though, maybe a long tweezers..
:dunno

I tend to use tweezers if a peg is stuck in boots... but use the hot water trick first. Pulling pegs out of room temperature/cold boots is much ore difficult and you're more likely to tear or scuff something.

I guess I'll contact SS about the ankle pegs... I just have an extra set of wrist pegs, nothing more.

Do you know what the belt issue was? The clasp on mine is a magnet, but it seems a bit weak.

I tend to use tweezers if a peg is stuck in boots... but use the hot water trick first. Pulling pegs out of room temperature/cold boots is much ore difficult and you're more likely to tear or scuff something.

I guess I'll contact SS about the ankle pegs... I just have an extra set of wrist pegs, nothing more.

Do you know what the belt issue was? The clasp on mine is a magnet, but it seems a bit weak.

Scrape off any glue residue on the belt magnet, I was able to take it off with my fingernail. It helped make the connection stronger but it isn't a super strong magnet to start with which is probably why some were glued.

Last edited:
another Captain America Picturial Review

https://www.elljay-hobby-collection.com/2011/12/21/captain-america-first-avenger-ht-mms/

6544209293_5f6dfa5ee2_b.jpg

My box didn't come with the extended foot pegs but HT sent me out a pair and they arrived today. :yess::yess::yess::yess:

butters is that something that SHOULD come with the package or is it that something HT added on to select releases?

I don't know really... Some people said they got the pegs with the early releases, and some have said they didn't get them with the SST/US release. But, I do know that HT will send you some replacement pegs, they didn't even ask me for a receipt this time, so it must be a pretty widespread thing if they are doing that.

Did everyone get the spare buttons?

I'm still waiting for Goodshipped's Captain America... He said that "the bulk batch will arrive soon to my store" on (8th of December).

Still no word for him :monkey1

does anyone know how to increase the figure's articulation ?

Here is what I posted a few days ago to get more range of motion from the shoulders.

Well, I took a look at the suit and undid the straps on the arms to try get a look at the plastic reinforcement. Part of the issue with the lack of movement is that the plastic is glued down to the suit arms and shoulders besides having the straps hold them down. I can't for the life of me get the jacket off of the body so I am just working the plastic with my fingers to try soften it up and hook the straps back up to see if that will help.

I was hoping to pull the stitching and remove the plastic but it looks like the stitching is a part of the stitching that shows on the outside of the shoulders so that may not be an option.

Well, after breaking the glue on the shoulders and arms to free the shoulder pads and working the plastic to soften it up, I have more movement. It is still restricted by the suit but I can get the arms a lot higher than I could before. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to glue the shoulder pads down other than the tighter fit to the arms when it has it's arms down.

p1060292c.jpg

p1060293ek.jpg

p1060297z.jpg

Back