Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday from my trip to HK at Toy Hunters and will try to check further later,but I've checked the "A" on the head and the star on the chest are both OK.
I'm planning to paint the star white and will check the HS I did and do some test fit before I do the mold and made some cast.

6531401255_5cbf1ea187_z.jpg

6531402197_9a9e6de40e_z.jpg

The HS I did and still in clay;
5997642246_ffee008b7a_z.jpg

My reference;
5997091241_d36a972085_z.jpg

TFL

PEACE!!!:)

Well, I took a look at the suit and undid the straps on the arms to try get a look at the plastic reinforcement. Part of the issue with the lack of movement is that the plastic is glued down to the suit arms and shoulders besides having the straps hold them down. I can't for the life of me get the jacket off of the body so I am just working the plastic with my fingers to try soften it up and hook the straps back up to see if that will help.

I was hoping to pull the stitching and remove the plastic but it looks like the stitching is a part of the stitching that shows on the outside of the shoulders so that may not be an option.

Last edited:
Well, after breaking the glue on the shoulders and arms to free the shoulder pads and working the plastic to soften it up, I have more movement. It is still restricted by the suit but I can get the arms a lot higher than I could before. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to glue the shoulder pads down other than the tighter fit to the arms when it has it's arms down.

p1060292c.jpg

p1060293ek.jpg

p1060297z.jpg

Well, after breaking the glue on the shoulders and arms to free the shoulder pads and working the plastic to soften it up, I have more movement. It is still restricted by the suit but I can get the arms a lot higher than I could before. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to glue the shoulder pads down other than the tighter fit to the arms when it has it's arms down.

p1060292c.jpg

p1060293ek.jpg

p1060297z.jpg

looks good man...i already popped the glue holding the pads on the chest, guess i'll pop the rest of it too now

:horror :horror :horror

Back