Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has slowly degenerated into smilies and gifs.

7IgWM.gif

I'm actually thinking about getting this. But, I already have the Sparrow and Superman on pre-order, and I don't think I'm getting three of these things this year.

If its the same price as the Thor, I may cancel the Sparrow for the Cap. Already canceled the Indy for the Sparrow ... no regrets on that, but this may require more thought. It may come down to the Cap being cheaper. Then again, if they do a sequel, I might be able to get another Cap ... I'm betting the DX is the last Jack.

Always been more of a DC guy than a Marvel guy ... but, I may make an exception this time.

SnakeDoc

I'm actually thinking about getting this. But, I already have the Sparrow and Superman on pre-order, and I don't think I'm getting three of these things this year.

If its the same price as the Thor, I may cancel the Sparrow for the Cap. Already canceled the Indy for the Sparrow ... no regrets on that, but this may require more thought. It may come down to the Cap being cheaper. Then again, if they do a sequel, I might be able to get another Cap ... I'm betting the DX is the last Jack.

Always been more of a DC guy than a Marvel guy ... but, I may make an exception this time.

SnakeDoc

Why not cancel Superman to get Cap? Supes is going so overproduced he will be able to be had for retail for several months after release one would think. Also, there "will" be a DX Superman down the road for sure.

Nah ... I'm not canceling the Supes for Cap. If I have to accidentally miss out on one of the two, I'd much rather it be the Cap.

Like I said, DC guy.

Maybe I'll preorder the Cap then wait to see the movie to decide between the Cap and the Jack, and cancel one of the two. If the movie is mediocre, then it'd be an easier pass.

SnakeDoc

Why not cancel Superman to get Cap? Supes is going so overproduced he will be able to be had for retail for several months after release one would think. Also, there "will" be a DX Superman down the road for sure.

What makes you so sure? If I recall, the teaser pics had the DX logo on them, suggesting that this MMS figure was the one that was going to be the DX. They couldn't make the PERS work aesthetically, so they went with painted eyes and - I'm assuming - as a result they decided not to go down the DX route.

It looks like there'll be two or several versions of the Cap, so maybe it'd make more sense to keep Supes and hold out for the alternative Cap?

What makes you so sure? If I recall, the teaser pics had the DX logo on them, suggesting that this MMS figure was the one that was going to be the DX. They couldn't make the PERS work aesthetically, so they went with painted eyes and - I'm assuming - as a result they decided not to go down the DX route.

It looks like there'll be two or several versions of the Cap, so maybe it'd make more sense to keep Supes and hold out for the alternative Cap?

I thought the reason they skipped Supes on the DX was to keep the price down because of the donation to the Reeves Foundation being included in the price:dunno
I really don't believe the Supes out now will be considered a DX, however, I think there will be a DX down the road.
Anyway, I am biased, as I am a big Cap fan and so pleased with the results of this figure. However, I too have Supes on PO and can't wait for him as well.

Damn 42 pages in less than a day. I am not reading all them to catch up with the discussion.

Fantastic figure, darn shame no Evans sculpt, the only negative is Red Skull wasn't announce simultaneously. The shield is fine, I hope the price is reasonable and since when is November 3rd Q :dunno

Someone get this up for pre-order already :wink1:

Damn 42 pages in less than a day. I am not reading all them to catch up with the discussion.

Fantastic figure, darn shame no Evans sculpt, the only negative is Red Skull wasn't announce simultaneously. The shield is fine, I hope the price is reasonable and since when is November 3rd Q :dunno

Someone get this up for pre-order already :wink1:

an ebay seller had it up about 5 minutes after the facebook announcement lol

Back