Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously we are in the wrong :dunno

Dont you mean, youre all in the right, and im in the wrong?
Cuz I seem to be the only one who noticed it.

But seriously, they ARE too big...thats blatantly obvious to anyone I should imagine.
It all comes down to who can "accept" it. And it seems you guys have no problems at all accepting it...and neither do I to be perfectly honest.
I was simply pointing it out and calling it my ONLY nit-pick with this figure.
If it doesnt get changed, fine. Im the same as you guys...I wont care.
But if it gets improved, then great...its more movie accurate.
better for everybody.

This one will be ready soon, because i want it soo much. I don't even like Terminator that much, but i will watch it again soon, it is a great film. Really its great to have a young pre-famous 80s Arnold figure. I love the big shoulder pads, elbow patches, the 80s design stretch shirt. I need bright neon pink/yellow/green pants, i will try bleaching them then coloring them, unless i find some on ebay/etc that are already made. I want Hot Toys to show pictures for a new figure every week, and each one will be better and more interesting to me as characters/likenesses than the last!

To be honest, I really haven't seen too many people complaining or nitpicking and certainly not enough to ruin this thread. I forget who said it (might have been a-dev) but the people complaining about the complaining are kind of worse.

Whatever .

Yeah, I think I've said my final piece on the whole complainers versus complainers about the complainers, getting a bit boring.

Dont you mean, youre all in the right, and im in the wrong?
Cuz I seem to be the only one who noticed it.

But seriously, they ARE too big...thats blatantly obvious to anyone I should imagine.
It all comes down to who can "accept" it. And it seems you guys have no problems at all accepting it...and neither do I to be perfectly honest.
I was simply pointing it out and calling it my ONLY nit-pick with this figure.
If it doesnt get changed, fine. Im the same as you guys...I wont care.
But if it gets improved, then great...its more movie accurate.
better for everybody.

Even if they are too big anything smaller would probably not stick well. I'm sure in hand the proportions will looks alot better. Pics only say so much.

There will never be equilibrium on this site, or any other site for that matter. It's just how it is. Too many _______s. In the end you just gotta like what you like and not let differing opinions affect you. Find people who you agree with and chat with them.

There are better things to fight over, I think.

Yeah, I think I've said my final piece on the whole complainers versus complainers about the complainers, getting a bit boring.

Yeah, it's like we just keep repeating ourselves and going in circles. Atleast that's how it feels to me.

I mean perfect in a way that we basically have no real complaints. I don't remember reading anything but positives for Blade and Leonidis. But here- we're complaing about the sculpt, the lack of glasses, the size of the studs, where the chain connects to the shoulder, no light up longslide, etc.

Also what gets me is that a lot of us have sunk a lot of time and money trying to do this as a custom figure. So for HT not to hit the nail on the head irks me.

Also what gets me is that a lot of us have sunk a lot of time and money trying to do this as a custom figure.

That's the thing though, I don't think anyone would argue with the notion that this Hot Toys figure is miles ahead of any of the customs we've seen.

Maybe you could start a poll.

1995_showgirls_003.jpg

Even if they are too big anything smaller would probably not stick well. I'm sure in hand the proportions will looks alot better. Pics only say so much.

Thats very true.
I strongly believe that to be the main reason for it.

EDIT: Man, I feel really bad now for giving my thoughts on the studs. It seems like ive started some kind of argument somehow...
Can we please forget about the whole stud business please? I regret ever mentioning it now.

There will never be equilibrium on this site, or any other site for that matter. It's just how it is. Too many _______s. In the end you just gotta like what you like and not let differing opinions affect you. Find people who you agree with and chat with them.

There are better things to fight over, I think.

Yeah, it's like we just keep repeating ourselves and going in circles. Atleast that's how it feels to me.

Exactly. Ive heard all the nit-picks about this figure(I agree with some of them and even have a few of my own as youre all aware)
but none of that is going to stop me liking this figure or make me like it any less. Ive never been happier about a figure in my life.
Ive said it before and I'll say it again, this figure is more than good enough for me as it is.

Last edited:
If hot toys got nearly all of those blood splatters on the bd head near perfect I think if those studs are to big they'll be a reason for it and the idea that smaller ones might have fell off sounds about right to me.

The size of the studs dont really bother me which is funny since normally something like this would irritate the hell out of me. I don't plan on posing him with his back facing me so I won't see them to much anyways and honestly I would not of even noticed they were a little big if it hadn't been pointed out.

As the old saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers."

We all demanded a Terminator from the first film for how long? Then one day, it happened. No, it isn't perfect but it's as good as it gets. Show me a customizer or another company that can produce something this authentic and I'll never post here again.

I don't own perfect figures, far from it, but I do own great ones and this sucker is fantastic. There may be minor things here and there, but whatever. It has it's roots as a toy and also treads in the "authentic collectible" territory. I can't ask for much more other than Arnold himself.

I prefer OWNING it with "inaccuracies" than the boat I was in just a few weeks ago before the announcement where I wasn't even thinking about owning one since it was non existent as in, not happening at all.

Have your doubts, but you get what you pay for with Hot Toys and that's an absolute fact.

Last edited:
As the old saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers."

We all demanded a Terminator from the first film for how long? Then one day, it happened. No, it isn't perfect but it's as good as it gets. Show me a customizer or another company produce something this authentic and I'll never post here again.

I don't own perfect figures, far from it, but I do own great ones and this sucker is fantastic. There may be minor things here and there, but whatever. It has it's roots as a toy and also treads in the "authentic collectible" territory. I can't ask for much more than Arnold himself.

I prefer OWNING it with "inaccuracies" than the boat I was in just a few weeks ago before the announcement where I wasn't even thinking about owning one since it was non existent as in, not happening at all.

Have your doubts, but you get what you pay for with Hot Toys and that's an absolute fact.

:exactly: Couldnt have said it better my self.
But I cant help thinking that people have took what I said and blown it out of proportion.
Im with you guys, I really am.
I dont know what more I can say.

No more needs to be said. Of course you're going to enjoy the hell out of this figure as we all will if for no other reason than "finally, after 26 years, fully licensed T1 figures ahoy!"

I too regret going on and on about the 'nitpickers' and complainers about complainers thing but I'm going to sleep it off now and hopefully wake up to my T-1000s. Then all will be good and right in the world.

No more needs to be said. Of course you're going to enjoy the hell out of this figure as we all will if for no other reason than "finally, after 26 years, fully licensed T1 figures ahoy!"

I too regret going on and on about the 'nitpickers' and complainers about complainers thing but I'm going to sleep it off now and hopefully wake up to my T-1000s. Then all will be good and right in the world.

Yep, exactly my friend.
Hope you get your T1000 in the morning...I have to wait till around the 3rd October :(
Will you be posting pics in the T1000 thread once you get it?
If so I look forward to seeing them.

I haven't really complained about this T-800. I was finally able to get the T2 T-800, and I LOVE it! It is one of the BEST 1:6 scale figures I've ever owned! I've collected 1:6 scale figures for over the past 25 years! I'm really looking forward to this T-800 from the first Terminator. Now that Arnold has given permission to use his likeness on the Dutch from Predator, and now the Terminators, that is a HUGE deal to me. I'm a big fan of his and have always wanted GREAT 1:6 scale figures from his classic movies, like Terminator, Predator, Terminator 2, Commando (please make John Matrix Hot Toys!), and Predator (thanks again Hot Toys for a great Dutch!).

All I can say about the upcoming T-800 is that I wish it would have come with a third head sculpt with the Gargoyles glasses removable from the head sculpt, and one "battle-damaged" eye showing the "red" endoskeleton eye. But I assume we'll get that with the "Police Raid" figure with the black leather jacket, and Gargoyles sunglasses we're all hoping for next.

I'll definitely pre-order this T-800 soon. It looks GREAT to me! :yess:

Back