Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't that a Gremlin or something? :lol

Looks like it. :lol

worst-car-of-all-time-AMC-Pacer.jpg

Whether some of us can afford this hobby or not the amount of money these things cost is far from a drop in the bucket. Pointing out areas that could use improvement is well within the rights of those people considering shelling out a lot of hard earned money. Having said that, people who have no interest in getting it aren't doing any favors fanning the flames of disappointment. This is a forum not a debate---there are no right positions.

Whether some of us can afford this hobby or not the amount of money these things cost is far from a drop in the bucket. Pointing out areas that could use improvement is well within the rights of those people considering shelling out a lot of hard earned money. Having said that, people who have no interest in getting it aren't doing any favors fanning the flames of disappointment. This is a forum not a debate---there are no right positions.

exactly. me, i think this fig is fine as is, but if people want to b*tch and moan, it's their right to say whatever they want. this is a public forum. what's more annoying to me is the type that b*itch and moan about the b*itching and the moaning. the former at least are commenting about the fig, which is what this thread is for - to talk about the fig; the latter are attacking the the posters, which is always useless and childish.

you geeks who cant stand your beloved toys being criticized should create your own separate thread from now on and be sure to title it: 'only songs of hallelujah in here!'

33574_449846722824_171015147824_5251005_2637155_n.jpg

Hadn't seen this one yet, looks damn impressive.

Total awesomeness! Totally PO'd!

That flimsy silver T2 box is getting old with the ____ty image of the figure's face on the front. It'll be interesting to see if they create something new.

I really liked the Salvation packaging. A new design in that style would suit me.

exactly. me, i think this fig is fine as is, but if people want to b*tch and moan, it's their right to say whatever they want. this is a public forum. what's more annoying to me is the type that b*itch and moan about the b*itching and the moaning. the former at least are commenting about the fig, which is what this thread is for - to talk about the fig; the latter are attacking the the posters, which is always useless and childish.

you geeks who cant stand your beloved toys being criticized should create your own separate thread from now on and be sure to title it: 'only songs of hallelujah in here!'

Very well said! Glad that you're in this forum. I don't know how much criticizing gets to HT but the improvements they made in the past couple of years is night and day. When I got into this hobby I was looking for some Stallone figures, and what I found were the older models which severely lacked in craftsmanship and likeness. I wouldn't want them for free(well only to sell them), they look like kid's toys. I guess some old time collectors here still would've been happy with the older quality.

I think the T1 figures will have similar boxes to one another, and will be different from the T2 designs. I think the T1 boxes will be darker. Would be cool if they all had the figures in front of a black background with red lasers shooting behind them like the movie poster :D

They were the same as the endoskeleton boxes but Reese had a blue theme and BD (hamburger face) T-800 had a red theme.

Oh and The Terminator instead of Terminator 2 judgment day. Same pic of an endoskull though (on the outer sleeve) as the T2 endo figure.

Why everytime that someone mentions that the nitpicking can go a bit far does everybody take it personal. :cuckoo: I wasn't even talking about anybody in here , the topic just got brought up. It seems you can't speak anymore with out hurting peoples feelings. :lol
Forget it. Carry on. :explode:

Oh and cr when you say can't stand the type who _____ and moan about _____ and moaners , I never moan. I'm just pointing out a fact that a lot of us have noticed recently. Someone sent me a message today whilst I was away from msn.

It said :

" Whats up dude ".
I hardly visit the sideshow forum anymore.
Full of coc^s.

:rotfl

It might be because so many huge licenses are around at the minute and lots of new guys are joining up , I blame the dark knight. :lecture:lol

Again before anybody gets upset , I'm taking about the feel of the board in general and not this thread. :thud:

It's the reason I'm spending most of my time in the custom section nowadays. A lot of theives seem to be showing up there though too. Shame really.

Right 5 hours sleep , then I'm off to post your Dutch out Platty. :wave:lol

Last edited:
One minute you say pictures do not prove anything. Then you agree with the picture comparison, that to be honest, proves nothing because of lighting and facial expression.

i have not contradicted myself at all. your point is about pictures "proving" that my opinion is wrong. that is simply an exercise in futility. u are entitled to your own opinion of course, but u can't call me out for having one that is contrary to yours, and using a pic that (in my opinion) looks only marginally better than the official shots, to prove your own opinion. i was agreeing to the pics i quoted because they were consistent with my opinion, not because they proved i was right.

hope that clears it up, mate. :peace

When tylerdurden says 'portrait' there I'm sure he means the sculpt itself, not that one particular picture or photo - and he's taking into consideration ALL the pics/photos/angles of the sculpt. So I don't think that he's contradicting himself there.

by portrait i mean the whole impression, comprising both sculpt and paint app. but thanks for the support. :)

i have not contradicted myself at all. your point is about pictures "proving" that my opinion is wrong. that is simply an exercise in futility. u are entitled to your own opinion of course, but u can't call me out for having one that is contrary to yours, and using a pic that (in my opinion) looks only marginally better than the official shots, to prove your own opinion. i was agreeing to the pics i quoted because they were consistent with my opinion, not because they proved i was right.

hope that clears it up, mate. :peace

Fair point :peace

Again before anybody gets upset , I'm taking about the feel of the board in general and not this thread. :thud:

It's the reason I'm spending most of my time in the custom section nowadays. A lot of theives seem to be showing up there though too. Shame really.

I have to say once again, I feel exactly the same, and I have talked to a few of the other Freaks who have been here since 2005/2006 who feel the same. Talking of the old regulars, you hardly ever see them posting on the officially licensed 1/6 threads anymore. I mostly find them in the Video Games section nowadays

I thinks it's the manner with which the negative views are expressed. There's been criticism of Sideshow product for years but back in the older days, it didn't have the closed mindedness that there is today on both sides. There'd be disagreements but for the most part, people tolerated other points of view. For the last couple years there's been a growing attitude of think like me or get the ____ out, people who share opinions that aren't with the majority are labelled as trolls and not allowed to speak, it's rediculous. The irony is that often, the ones who take great issue with a situation are half responsible for it being what it is and don't realize if they'd just ignored and move on, things wouldn't be so bad. It seems hard for people to grasp that taking shots at someone who annoys you only compels them to be worse.

i always knew that chinese plastic is toxic. very well visible in this thread

I thinks it's the manner with which the negative views are expressed. There's been criticism of Sideshow product for years but back in the older days, it didn't have the closed mindedness that there is today on both sides. There'd be disagreements but for the most part, people tolerated other points of view. For the last couple years there's been a growing attitude of think like me or get the ____ out, people who share opinions that aren't with the majority are labelled as trolls and not allowed to speak, it's rediculous. The irony is that often, the ones who take great issue with a situation are half responsible for it being what it is and don't realize if they'd just ignored and move on, things wouldn't be so bad. It seems hard for people to grasp that taking shots at someone who annoys you only compels them to be worse.
The "coolest" thing to do with the Joe threads, for sure, is to gang up on anyone with the most minor criticism and start hurling lame, tired epithets at them ("tittybabies", etc. etc.). I used to be annoyed by it and try to get people to realize what they were doing, particularly since there is so much hypocricy--I can criticize this but you can't criticize that, etc. . . .but that was no fun, so now I do the same.

Tittybabies, all of youse.

Seriously though, if people couldn't criticize those with criticisms, half the board would not know what to do with itself.

Back