Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He tore the T-600 in half merely by grabbing it's midsection and yanking, seemingly without any means of holding the bottom half in place? Surely all that should have happened would be the T-600 lifting off the floor. How the hell did it break in half?

The T-600's legs would have to be dramatically heavier than it's upper body for them to stay on the ground while the top half gets ripped off. And that's to say nothing of the likelihood that they're exaggerating the T-800's strength aswell.

Last edited:
He tore the T-600 in half merely by grabbing it's midsection and yanking, seemingly without any means of holding the bottom half in place? Surely all that should have happened would be the T-600 lifting off the floor. How the hell did it break in half?

The T-600's legs would have to be dramatically heavier than it's upper body for them to stay on the ground while the top half gets ripped off. And that's to say nothing of the likelihood that they're exaggerating the T-800's strength aswell.

The only explanation I could think of for that would be the T800 pushing down with one arm and lifting up with the other therefore ripping the T600 in half, if the strength is in question I will admit its been questionable between movies, from realistic in T1 and T2 to super duper in T3 and T4 so that just comes down to the directors choice I guess.

I just watched that scene again... I agree with The Skull, the strength of the t800 is different in the cameron terminators, while in the non cameron movies, its much stronger...
Anyway, on the scene; although the quick edits make it a bit hard to see, it is clear enough, to notice that the t800 rises both of his arms as he is about to grab the t600... And then, you can see that he rises the torso with one arm only, the right arm, and while the left arm is not seen at that moment, it could be deduced that he is usig it to hold the legs down...

i always thought 800 tore 600 horisontally O_O

like scissors:

0fa29eab52e6.jpg

anything long can be broken if forced properly in a direction perpendicular to its axis. so after that unclear scene i thought it was like that.

Last edited:
well simple smashing of the "spinal column" would do the trick, too (joints, not the material itself), especially if those 600s have weak joints there (remember, they have weakness in neck joints, and backbone is made quite similar), especially if 800s have knowledge about it, etc etc.
i'm too lazy to check in the movie if the hit was actually horisontal or vertical )

ok, parts movement shows that 600 was really broken horisontally from side to side (best seen on a first shot) (edit: actually best seen on a second shot, judging by electric sparkles from lower and upper part. they are on the same horisontal level, while moved radically to the side).

69d2b4e2cde7.jpg

c8ada99584d6.jpg

adc77564ca77.jpg

shots 1 and 2 show left hand of 800 - either holding the lower part or just pushing it into opposite direction (still horisontally).

so it did happen close to this, only right 800's arm was a lot higher:

0fa29eab52e6.jpg

Last edited:
Great screen grabs P. it does appear that he was holding down the legs with one arm and ripping the torso off with the other as I suspected.

OK yeah I can see that. Although I think we can all agree that T-800s aren't supposed to be that strong. Look how long it takes the endoskeleton to bust in that factory door in T1 while the T2 version needs grenades to get through doors at Cyberdyne.

Nice picc! My amazement for the tech noir version never grows old! Like it 10 times better than the mms238 police shootout version... If i would hold just 1 Terminator for the collection it would most definitely be that one!!

Agreed. It is the superior release. MMS238 may capture a more iconic look but I don't think it was as well realised as the Tech Noir. Granted the Tech Noir does benefit from MMS238's pants and boots. But once those are on, instantly superior figure, all other things considered - a more complete package of accessories and options, a more aptly sized body etc etc.

Agreed. It is the superior release. MMS238 may capture a more iconic look but I don't think it was as well realised as the Tech Noir. Granted the Tech Noir does benefit from MMS238's pants and boots. But once those are on, instantly superior figure, all other things considered - a more complete package of accessories and options, a more aptly sized body etc etc.

:gah:

Damn it, I had sort of convinced myself that I do not need these items for my two Tech Noir T-800's but I'm starting to get that itch. Convincing myself that in my T1 timeline that the T-800 changed his pants just isn't working no more. :(

Back