Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a damn good reference even if I do say so myself. :lol I owe you a debt of gratitude for facilitating it with your post :duff

There's a chance I'd buy Shreck if he were made. He was a bizarre, even freaky looking character, almost as much so as Penguin. Plus Christopher Walken.

It was a great reference! I expect something like that from Fabs, batfan or Sallah, but from you? Layin' on the Burton Bat knowledge.

giphy.gif

That's a great call on Walken's portrayal of the character. He was just as ugly, at least on the inside, as the Penguin, but he was a captain of industry. Why was that?

It was a great reference! I expect something like that from Fabs, batfan or Sallah, but from you? Layin' on the Burton Bat knowledge.

giphy.gif

That's a great call on Walken's portrayal of the character. He was just as ugly, at least on the inside, as the Penguin, but he was a captain of industry. Why was that?

Those guys are certainly the Burton Batman authorities of the forum, at least from what I've observed over the years. But as a casual Bat-fan I've taken those first 2 Burton movies as my most collectible-worthy of all the films. I did have a Nolan collection but I decided I wasn't gonna keep up with all the customs and mods so I sold it. But damned if I was gonna miss Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker and the 89mobile. Those were the Batman/Joker/Batmobile of my childhood. Customising has been minimal to non-existant on those which makes them a more satisfying set - if the 'obsessives' are happy, I'm happy.

As for Shreck, well, Walken is just a magnetic actor. Any character he plays is automatically interesting. But in BR it's the penguin who says ''you're just a respected monster, while I am, to date, not''. Then there's Shreck's own line ''Santa Claus? 'fraid not. I'm just a poor shmoe who got lucky''. People's upbringing putting them where they are.

Those guys are certainly the Burton Batman authorities of the forum, at least from what I've observed over the years. But as a casual Bat-fan I've taken those first 2 Burton movies as my most collectible-worthy of all the films. I did have a Nolan collection but I decided I wasn't gonna keep up with all the customs and mods so I sold it. But damned if I was gonna miss Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker and the 89mobile. Those were the Batman/Joker/Batmobile of my childhood. Customising has been minimal to non-existant on those which makes them a more satisfying set - if the 'obsessives' are happy, I'm happy.

As for Shreck, well, Walken is just a magnetic actor. Any character he plays is automatically interesting. But in BR it's the penguin who says ''you're just a respected monster, while I am, to date, not''. Then there's Shreck's own line ''Santa Claus? 'fraid not. I'm just a poor shmoe who got lucky''. People's upbringing putting them where they are.

Agreed, all of it. :duff I would contend that the Nolan films are "better" films, as a whole, but the two Burton films will always resonate with me because of childhood. Oh, nostalgia.

So no one has one they want to get rid of?

BCQB3YF.gif

I really don't feel like getting bent over a barrel on eBay...

Well, at least my first MMS136 comes Wednesday, permitting the post office doesn't go full retard like they have in the last two weeks of me receiving packages.

Might be better to just get EVILFACE to make you decals. Nearly $40 for a stand is retarded... but I understand the OCD of wanting the originals.

Might be better to just get EVILFACE to make you decals. Nearly $40 for a stand is retarded... but I understand the OCD of wanting the originals.

Anyone seen any T1 decals he has done? And are they stickers or is there some special way they have to be applied? I don't want to hassle him with questions if I then don't go ahead and buy.

Anyone seen any T1 decals he has done? And are they stickers or is there some special way they have to be applied? I don't want to hassle him with questions if I then don't go ahead and buy.

From ones I've seen people get in the VG section, I think they're just stickers. I know it would probably bug the **** out of you. I can't see many more stand lots being all that much cheaper.

From ones I've seen people get in the VG section, I think they're just stickers. I know it would probably bug the **** out of you.

Not necessarily. Thing is I'm also looking to replace any waist-grabbers I have, I prefer crotch grabbers. So that actually necessitates buying new stands anyway...

Evilface's decals are pre-cut stickers that you apply to the stand, then smooth out the bubbles. He can also do name plate decals that you stick on top of the HT ones. Once applied they look pretty damn similar to an official Hot Toys stand. And they run about $5.

Back