Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something tells me NECA are done with 1/6 for now. They announced 2 12" T-800s but then HT announced theirs and NECA said 'uh oh'.

Heh, makes sense. I see a lot of inconsistency in the way they handle their scaled lines. Some stuff comes out in 1/6, while other stuff comes out in 1/4. You're probably right in the sense that they base such decisions on what other companies are doing. If HT's covering 1/6, they either make it bigger or not at all.

EDIT: The seller still has some MMS02 items left over, like the Vulcan minigun, body, headsculpt, etc.

I don't think many would be interested in the body and head from that figure now. Even the minigun has been bested by the COOModels one (still in my BBTS pile of loot, gonna wait for the COOmodels carrier bag)

So you're setting up a Police shootout figure, presumably your other one is Tech Noir? Try not to make any permanent alterations for the PS one if possible. You might regret it if (when!!!) Hot Toys make a real one.

Yep, I have the Tech Noir. I'll start putting everything together for the PS version when the parts arrive. The only permanent alteration would be cleaning up the blood on the cheek of the BD headsculpt. Not really interested in that head anyway, so I won't mind if HT ends up making one with an actual Endo eye.

Yahtzee! Just bought a bunch of parted MMS02 accessories off feeBay. Got everything I needed (plus duplicate MMS136 T1 parts) except for the Gargoyles, which went for like $16 last night right after he listed them. Ah, well. Prices have really risen on this stuff. It just goes to show you, you never know who might part his entire figure out.

Anyhow, this whole sunglasses thing makes me wonder if NECA will make a Police Station Shootout Termie in 1/6 scale. If so, maybe I can get my shades off that guy when he's made.

EDIT: The seller still has some MMS02 items left over, like the Vulcan minigun, body, headsculpt, etc.

I think I must of got the bag for the mini-gun from the same seller. I was debating on getting the jacket, but decided I didn't want to pay what he was asking. I'm very happy to get the bag though.

Let me know when your stuff arrives! He said there might be a delay due to HK aviation security, so we should keep eachother posted on when our parts get here.

Heh, I was watching another auction for a full MMS02 in box, before buying the seperate pieces. I didn't want to run the risk of selling the parts I didn't need (which aren't too important nowadays), so I decided to pull the trigger and buy all my individual stuff from the same seller. Anyway, I found out that the complete MMS02 auction ended for $333 including shipping. Congrats to whoever got that; great deal!
It was a pricey decision I made, but the total cost of the final product (including the duplicate MMS136 T1 gear) would've been the same if I had sprung for the boxed figure -- and that's if I'd be able to sell off the remains. Decided it was safer to just get what I needed, since it's not every day someone parts off a release like that.

Missed out on the seller's Gargoyles, though (they went so fast). Not too bummed about it since there are some decent-looking shades elsewhere on the Bay that can be customized. What do you guys think of these?

TC16-02.jpg

I bet they'd look good enough if that gap between the glass rims in the middle was filled up and painted over.

What do you guys think of these?

TC16-02.jpg
stevie_wonder.gif

they are cool if you want to have a Stevie Wonder figure.

gargoyles are NOT flat. they are bent around the head. (don't know how to explain this). and look how much they are bent.

Gargoyles-3346016A-rw-37774-42535.jpg

that, plus their 4-corners square shape, makes any round/flat sunglasses to be impossible as an exchange.

p.s. i just checked all ebay results for "1/6 sunglasses". nothing's even close. it's better to make them yourself. if i didn't have them, i'd try to do something. it's better than get anything else and persuade yourself "well i won't look at any movie shots and will think it's ok".
IMHO.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about missing the MMS02 Gargoyles Blade3327, they're just too big for the new heads.

That was my reasoning as well, but P. has a point. Curious as to how some people made their own.

Hey, wait. Idea... what if someone recasted the original Gargoyles, but altered the mold so that it wouldn't be as horizontally long? That way you'd have a pair that are movie-accurate and also fit the new head perfectly. I know recasting is frowned upon, though instead of these being used to complete a legit figure, they'd be used to complete a custom when the originals don't work. Just a thought :).

Just curious guys, is it normal for the chest piece to be glued on the right side? Or is it supposed to be molded as one piece?
it's normal: it is a place where the "flash jacket" is closed.

opened_chest.jpg

Hey, wait. Idea... what if someone recasted the original Gargoyles, but altered the mold so that it wouldn't be as horizontally long? That way you'd have a pair that are movie-accurate and also fit the new head perfectly. I know recasting is frowned upon, though instead of these being used to complete a legit figure, they'd be used to complete a custom when the originals don't work. Just a thought :).
we should make a petition to baloo :lol

I don't care whether a figure is MMS or DX, there are more T-800s between T1 and T2 to be made and I hope to see HT do it.

Back