Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I did on my custom T-800 jacket about a year ago.
so you were the first to notice it, not me. cool.

I think it's for the long slide, but he may have two,

t1-set-crew-027.jpg
thanks, i'll keep that detail in mind, never noticed it on production photos.

On which gun?
I think it's for the long slide, but he may have two
he took UZI from that side, so i guess it is for that gun. if such holders exist.

Last edited:
he took UZI from that side, so i guess it is for that gun. if such holders exist.

Yeah but it could be the kind of holster that has slings on both arms. He might have had one for both.

Brief background: I don't own any T-800s yet and would like to only own one from each movie.

If you guys had to choose between this look and the "Police Shootout" one, which would you choose? I'm thinking about ordering this but am not sure if I'd prefer this over the shootout costume that is probably likely to be made, which is the outfit that comes to my mind first when I think of Terminator. Conversely, the Tech Noir look would be a nice contrast to the T2 BD T-800 that I'm hoping HT will announce soon. Thoughts?

Last edited:
A lot of us really wanted Tech Noir to be the first priority for Hot Toys since their MMS02 figure was based on the police shootout and the T2 T-800 was similar looking to police shootout T1 because of his short hair and leathers. The longer hairstyle and punk outfit hadn't been touched by anyone. Now of course both HT and NECA have chosen that look as the launching points of their respective lines and now that we have that we're all tapping our fingers waiting for the new police shootout version.

But when we finally have everything we could want from these films its possible I will treasure the Tech Noir one most as it seems to be the less obvious one - people are surprised by the longer hair, they seem to forget that his hair was ever like that - so I like that Tech Noir stands out in that way. Plus the scene in the film was really cool. The way the 80s songs give way to the ominous Brad Fiedel score as he stalks through the club scanning for Sarah Connor. He looks like a mean Mofo even with the boyband floppy haircut. So I dunno, thats how I feel about it.

If you guys had to choose between this look and the "Police Shootout" one, which would you choose?
if you had to choose between left and right arm, which would you choose?
there's no need to choose. have both.

Last edited:
A lot of us really wanted Tech Noir to be the first priority for Hot Toys since their MMS02 figure was based on the police shootout and the T2 T-800 was similar looking to police shootout T1 because of his short hair and leathers. The longer hairstyle and punk outfit hadn't been touched by anyone. Now of course both HT and NECA have chosen that look as the launching points of their respective lines and now that we have that we're all tapping our fingers waiting for the new police shootout version.

But when we finally have everything we could want from these films its possible I will treasure the Tech Noir one most as it seems to be the less obvious one - people are surprised by the longer hair, they seem to forget that his hair was ever like that - so I like that Tech Noir stands out in that way. Plus the scene in the film was really cool. The way the 80s songs give way to the ominous Brad Fiedel score as he stalks through the club scanning for Sarah Connor. He looks like a mean Mofo even with the boyband floppy haircut. So I dunno, thats how I feel about it.

Agree w/ him! :exactly: When I think of the T1..his Tech noir outfit comes to my mind first so IMHO this version will be the a better representation of the T1 movie in your collection. Goodluck choosing! :wink1:

When I think of terminator 1, I always think of the "ill be back" scene, so that look is more iconic to me. But the tech noir look will always be the most unique.

When I think of terminator 1, I always think of the "ill be back" scene, so that look is more iconic to me. But the tech noir look will always be the most unique.

I'm the exact opposite. For me, the most iconic scene is when he pulls the .45 on Sarah in the club. Everything that needs to be said about what the Terminator is, is right there.

man are they going to release a Kyle Reese or what? this t-800 looks so lonely.

Out of curiousity, were you used to T2 before T1. See for me, the things I personally take as iconic from T1 are those that connect more with T2 because I watched T2 many times before ever seeing T1. Had I seen T1 first, I imagine I would have come to find the Tech Noir things more iconic than later scenes because that would have been my first intro to the character, but for me, the first intro was Bad to the Bone, so the glasses, spiked hair biker look is what was imprinted on me and the classic look and scenes for me in T1 are those moments, though the .45 on Sarah and surgery scenes have always been pretty standout.

if you had to choose between left and right arm, which would you choose?
there's no need to choose. have both.

I'm pretty pressed for display space, and more importantly, I'd like to stick to my principle of only buying one version of a character from a movie so that I can maintain a sliver of perceived financial responsibility. :)

Out of curiousity, were you used to T2 before T1. See for me, the things I personally take as iconic from T1 are those that connect more with T2 because I watched T2 many times before ever seeing T1. Had I seen T1 first, I imagine I would have come to find the Tech Noir things more iconic than later scenes because that would have been my first intro to the character, but for me, the first intro was Bad to the Bone, so the glasses, spiked hair biker look is what was imprinted on me and the classic look and scenes for me in T1 are those moments, though the .45 on Sarah and surgery scenes have always been pretty standout.

I also saw T2 first, and maybe that's why the "Police Shootout" look resonates with me more as well.

After thinking about it more, and also after looking through a large portion of this thread and seeing some excellent "Police Shootout" customs, I've decided to wait for that variant. It is the version of Terminator that comes to my mind first, and it should look different enough from the hopefully coming-soon BD T-800 from T2 that owning both won't irk me... and if that isn't the case, I'll just display them far enough apart in my collection that will put me at peace. :)

I think this is silly, they're all iconic. Punk, Police Assault, T2 with black shirt and sunglasses etc.

Though, I would say the poster versions are more iconic then all of those, and the Terminator doesn't even appear shirtless with left eye damage (with the model number showing no less), nor does the Terminator have a missing eye in T2.

I think this is silly, they're all iconic. Punk, Police Assault, T2 with black shirt and sunglasses etc.

Though, I would say the poster versions are more iconic then all of those, and the Terminator doesn't even appear shirtless with left eye damage (with the model number showing no less), nor does the Terminator have a missing eye in T2.

Newb, there was no damage on his face in the poster we grew up with. It was just like the whole face in your avatar.

Youve pretty much said it all. Thats exactly why I like T2 more, I just grew up watching it. So it sort of left a lasting impression on what Arnold should look like when he's a terminator.

I'm as much a child of T2 as you guys but I don't think theres any reason Arnie should always wear leathers as a Terminator. I actually found it yet another item of silliness from T3 that they had the T-800 once again acquire biker gear for clothes. OK in T2 he arrived in 1995 near to a biker bar but again in T3?

Back