Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pic has persuaded me that I have to have a film-poster recreation figure. What I'm gonna do though, because I think his head looks too small in that pic, is use a smaller body and the MMS02 jacket - which probably isn't big enough to fit on a beefy new T-800 body but should be perfect for a smaller muscle body. I'll use one of the heads from the next T1 figure with the smaller gargoyles it'll come with (very presumptious on all counts I know - to lurkers or newbs - nothing is actually announced) and of course the trousers and boots. These ingredients hopefully will make a dead-on film poster T1 Arnie. As Quiggle pointed out he shouldn't have a vest on beneath the jacket.

I think the MMS02 jacket actually looks OK on the MMS136 T1 body.

T1, T2 and T3
T1%20057.jpg

Where did that T3 outfit come from?

I think the MMS02 jacket actually looks OK on the MMS136 T1 body.

Apparently thats a Saturday Toys jacket, not the MMS02's. Maybe it would fit the bigger body, can't remember if I tried it on the T2 or not - but in any case I specifically want a smaller body for the poster look because the head looks too small to me on that beefy T1 body. It looks fine in the punk outfit because that jacket is really huge in the film and makes real Arnie's head look small too but not so much dressed as the police shootout version.

Apparently thats a Saturday Toys jacket, not the MMS02's. Maybe it would fit the bigger body, can't remember if I tried it on the T2 or not - but in any case I specifically want a smaller body for the poster look because the head looks too small to me on that beefy T1 body. It looks fine in the punk outfit because that jacket is really huge in the film and makes real Arnie's head look small too but not so much dressed as the police shootout version.

The Saturday Toys jacket is exactly the same jacket as the MMS02 jacket...and I mean EXACTLY!
Im sure HTs have connections with them because the Jackets are identical in every way.

the head looks too small to me on that beefy T1 body.

Using the idea that a human male's height is comprised of 7-7.5 times the height of their head, the T-800 heads are too small or body too big. The T2 T-800 height is equivalent to 8 of the figure's heads stacked on top of each other. I also find the T-1000 portrait seems a bit small against the body it's on. Not sure what's up, but some of the recent HT releases seem a bit out of proportion.

If they'd made Arnie's head the right length it wouldn't be as noticeable to me as it is I don't think. (the head undersized relative to the body)

I think putting it on a smaller body would help to address that - if you could deal with him being not as muscly and smaller than he ought to be compared to other figures. But as a self-contained figure it might look a bit more like he jumped out of the screen. The problem when I tried to achieve this with the T2 figure was that the clothes were simply too big for a smaller body, didn't look right....fortunately for those who have the MMS02 there is a set of clothes tailored for a smaller body.

Thus smaller body + MMS02 clothes + new head could perhaps = more accurately proportioned police shootout/poster image figure.

The Saturday Toys jacket is exactly the same jacket as the MMS02 jacket...and I mean EXACTLY!
Im sure HTs have connections with them because the Jackets are identical in every way.

I own two MMS02 figures and have 3 saturday toys biker jackets and the saturday toys ones are a bit bigger all around (except the sleeves).

I'm sure it's the over sized gargoyles that make his head look compressed. Looks fine in all the regular pictures I've seen.

So, found a endo with the ar180. now i need the sunglasses.
but i can not find it :(

where could i buy it?

I don't think. (the head undersized relative to the body)

The head may not be undersized to the base body, he does look fine in the tshirt only or nude, but with jackets on he's too broad. I think HT should have compromised on the exactness of the body proportions to get the right fully clothed look since most collectors will display these figures with coats on.

You're kidding, right?

I don't blame anyone for doubting this. I'd have thought the T2 BD would be a no brainer and they haven't put it out. Unfortunately with HT, nothing's for sure until it's announced, no matter how much it seems like a sure seller to us.

Hopefully the 10th anniversary event brings more T1/T2 news.

The head may not be undersized to the base body, he does look fine in the tshirt only or nude, but with jackets on he's too broad. I think HT should have compromised on the exactness of the body proportions to get the right fully clothed look since most collectors will display these figures with coats on.

The thing is it seems to look just right for the Tech Noir. Its only the new pics showing him in police shootout dress where its an issue. Guess we can't have it all ways.

The thing is it seems to look just right for the Tech Noir. Its only the new pics showing him in police shootout dress where its an issue. Guess we can't have it all ways.

Well I thinks it's because this coat has a loose fit so you don't think it's all the figure looking at it, but the T1 and T2 leathers ar skin tight so the broadness looks more wrong in that case.

I don't blame anyone for doubting this. I'd have thought the T2 BD would be a no brainer and they haven't put it out. Unfortunately with HT, nothing's for sure until it's announced, no matter how much it seems like a sure seller to us.

True. More wishful thinking on my part I guess.

Would be nice to see a BD T2 and T1 shootout on display at the show. :drool

But the T2 T800 figure has been made and had that look throughout the film.

The Police Shootout is without a doubt the iconic version of The Terminator (I'll be back).

I guarantee Hot Toys will make a new version of that figure. If they don't I'll leave this board forever.

Back