Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cuckoo: Sorry guys, but for me, the last HT's newsletter dates from October 30th, and it is question nowhere of this information. The only newsletter which speaks about the figure dates from September 24th, and is not either mentioned this ridiculous story of smile... If you want my opinion (and if you don't want it, you will have it all the same! Hehe :D), it is about a small joke... Either then, HT fell on the head... :lol

:cuckoo: Sorry guys, but for me, the last HT's newsletter dates from October 30th, and it is question nowhere of this information. The only newsletter which speaks about the figure dates from September 24th, and is not either mentioned this ridiculous story of smile... If you want my opinion (and if you don't want it, you will have it all the same! Hehe :D), it is about a small joke... Either then, HT fell on the head... :lol

Yea I still find it a bit hard to believe that HT would make it so inaccurate. A little here and there is expected but to take a fine sculpt and destroy it with a smirk that never happened has to be a joke...right? :cuckoo:

They did the same thing with the Michael Jackson 'Thriller' figure, where they added the completely unfitting smile for no logical reason. Here though, the smirk fits with some scenes but it's too specific, I think. Someone with a Facebook account should post TFG's photoshop improvements on the HT's page. To me, that is the definitive Terminator. People got them to take notice with the T2 shirt so maybe if enough people complain they'll pay attention and maybe make changes. It's worth a try at least. I mean, what have we got to lose?

Here I used my Photoshop skills to alter the image more to my liking.
As you can see, the head sculpt would look waaay better without that stupid smirk.
Hot Toys, take note.

Untitled.png

Untitled2-1.png

Here though, the smirk fits with some scenes but it's too specific, I think.

Right you are! Those aforementioned scenes are the behind-the-scene ones! All we need is a James Cameron figure to recreate them!

It's gotta be a joke. It is simply looks terrible. If this is how it will look like than I have to cancel this figure.

Dont cancel yet bro. Wait a while until we get word from Hot Toys.
EVERYONE has been complaining about the new sculpt so im pretty sure Hot Toys will revise it yet again.
Nearly everyone has said they are cancelling their pre-orders if Hot Toys dont improve it.
I just hope they dont mess it up even more...but they definitely NEED to fix it.
If not, im cancelling my pre-order because this is pathetic.
Has someone dropped Hot Toys on their head or something?
WTF were they thinking with that stupid smirk?

I can't even imagen how could someone think at HT about a twist like this on the sculpt. It is so bad...and what the hell is that smile?

Its real guys :(
Ive seen the hot toys news letter.
The revised "clean" sculpt looks terrible too.
They have widened the head again and made him look like a deranged monster or something with his new mouth expression.
Hot Toys, Im cancelling my pre-orders on this figure...it was fine before...why widen the head when it needed to be slimmer if anything?
Ultimate fail.

Untitled.png

Untitled2-1.png

Man this really sucks,what a retard move by HT,and you say the Clean Sculpt looks terrible too?If it does then this will be the Fail of the year.
You know,People who bought theirs on ebay should ask for a refund as this was NOT what they paid for,and HT should take responsibility for it.

Heh, yes, I guess that's enough now. I don't want people thinking about canceling their order or anything crazy, people are getting too serious now. It would've been nice though if someone posted it on Facebook to complain about the smile though, that would've been insanely confusing for HT, but that's obviously not going to happen now...

I made that picture as a joke and I thought it was pretty poorly done too, the smudge marks seem pretty clear, but then to my surprise people believed it. I almost vomited from laughter. I feel sick now even, hours later, from laughing so much.

If it wasn't for TFG this would've died long ago, too. What he did saved it, the funniest part for sure. His "photoshop" is the original, to spell that out for some...

lol I knew you were laughing it up. I just typed in the website at the bottom of the picture and saw that someone had photoshopped it.

Heh, yes, I guess that's enough now. I don't want people thinking about canceling their order or anything crazy, people are getting too serious now. It would've been nice though if someone posted it on Facebook to complain about the smile though, that would've been insanely confusing for HT, but that's obviously not going to happen now...

I made that picture as a joke and I thought it was pretty poorly done too, the smudge marks seem pretty clear, but then to my surprise people believed it. I almost vomited from laughter. I feel sick now even, hours later, from laughing so much.

If it wasn't for TFG this would've died long ago, too. What he did saved it, the funniest part for sure. His "photoshop" is the original, to spell that out for some...

And no, you will not have fooled everyone, my boy... In any case, not me, hehe! :lol

Back