Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather call it 'objectivity'. I grant you, on this particular figure and on the Wolf predator we've been talking about in the sticky thread, I've dwelled more on the negative but don't assume thats true of me or other people all of the time. Not saying you are but I'm just putting that out there.

I think Darth Fatso has struck a good balance of praise and criticism. My overall impression is he really likes the figure despite having all the same problems with it as me by the looks of it.

:goodpost::exactly: And yes I do really like this figure despite it's flaws. I don't think I've seen anyone say it's a horrible overall figure cause it's not. It's is a stunning piece no matter how you look at it but the innaccuracies are there and were easily fixable before distribution. If someone thinks this figure is perfect that is great for them cause at least they feel they're getting their moneys worth. I on the other hand would love for this figure just to have a larger head and bio and despite my intital dissapointment which I've accepted, I'll still most likely be picking this up.

@ Reaktwon:

No, you really don't understand where the complainers are coming from. You heard, yes, but you really didn't listen.

No matter how much you defend HT, you can never hide the fact that they did lie to their customers. And don't give me the crap about those just being prototypes. It won't fly. Those proto pics are advertisements whose sole intention is to sell. Now if a company advertises something and they deliver something different, then that's false advertising. AND that's where all the complaints are coming from. REMEMBER, they didn't announce the changes before releasing the product. People just found out when they opened theirs. The complaint would have been significant for HT to give out a statement. And, yes, someone here who works in manufacturing industry even said that things like these don't unintentionally happen. I agree as the company I work for also manufactures and one of our main clients are manufacturing plants.

So your thinking that the recent complaints are not valid is flawed in every sense of the word. Yes, the figure looks great, that has never been contested. But whether you accept this or not, the biggest draw for many people is the "accurate and realistic scale" that HT advertised. They did not deliver and gave a half-@$$ed apology about it. Still don't get it? Here's how it went:

HT: Hey guys, we'll be charging much more for the Berserker and we won't include too much accessories, but on the plus side, we made the figure HUGE. The way the character is intended to be in the movie. Here, take a look at it (shows the proto pic).

Customers: Ooh we likey!!!!

(Some preorder, others wait but bought the figure the day it came out)

Customers: WTF???!!!! This isn't what you promised us! You said that it'll be bigger! It's just the same height as the other Preds before your miniature P1. And you're still asking more for it??

HT: Yeah, well, something happened during production so take it up with our factory workers blah blah. Quality Control? Take it up with them as well. I mean, we got the figures that way as well. What can we do? Anyway, it's still a bit taller than P1 since the older Preds are taller as well. And they're about the same height of our Berserker figure, right? Besides, it looks good anyway.

HT Apologists: We agree! HT technically didn't lie. It's just a delivered in a different point-of-view. Besides, the actors weren't that tall to begin with, and prototypes aren't technically the final product blah blah. HT, please ram us from behind because we LOVE it!

[the rest of the scene will be left out due to explicit sexual content]

Last edited:
Other negative point to add to this figure , this ankle pegs make very dificult to get an easy tweak for the height.....

Has anyone thought of filling the foot/boot
with some type of sculpting material and then
put them on the leg peg. Then it could cure/set
up while attached to BP. I'm not sure how deep
the foot/boot is, but I think you would be able to
increase his height with this method.

I'm not a sculpting material genius, so take it easy
on me if this method is impossible or if it would
really suck.:lol

Has anyone thought of filling the foot/boot
with some type of sculpting material and then
put them on the leg peg. Then it could cure/set
up while attached to BP. I'm not sure how deep
the foot/boot is, but I think you would be able to
increase his height with this method.

I'm not a sculpting material genius, so take it easy
on me if this method is impossible or if it would
really suck.:lol
:goodpost:

That'll actually work. you could use hot glue for this custom. Only problem with hot glue is that it might not be strong enough to support the upper body. but who knows?

Another alternative to hot glue would be to use what's called the Green Stuff in hobby shops (kneadatite epoxy). This is more permanent, however, so if you f@ck it up, there's no going back.

^that's one of the less invasive approach on my list. try to shorter the socket in the feet to extend the leg, rather than manually extending those huge fixed feet pegs. :]

@ Reaktwon:

No, you really don't understand where the complainers are coming from. You heard, yes, but you really didn't listen.

No matter how much you defend HT, you can never hide the fact that they did lie to their customers. And don't give me the crap about those just being prototypes. It won't fly. Those proto pics are advertisements whose sole intention is to sell. Now if a company advertises something and they deliver something different, then that's false advertising. AND that's where all the complaints are coming from. REMEMBER, they didn't announce the changes before releasing the product. People just found out when they opened theirs. The complaint would have been significant for HT to give out a statement. And, yes, someone here who works in manufacturing industry even said that things like these don't unintentionally happen. I agree as the company I work for also manufactures and one of our main clients are manufacturing plants.

So your thinking that the recent complaints are not valid is flawed in every sense of the word. Yes, the figure looks great, that has never been contested. But whether you accept this or not, the biggest draw for many people is the "accurate and realistic scale" that HT advertised. They did not deliver and gave a half-@$$ed apology about it. Still don't get it? Here's how it went:

HT: Hey guys, we'll be charging much more for the Berserker and we won't include too much accessories, but on the plus side, we made the figure HUGE. The way the character is intended to be in the movie. Here, take a look at it (shows the proto pic).

Customers: Ooh we likey!!!!

(Some preorder, others wait but bought the figure the day it came out)

Customers: WTF???!!!! This isn't what you promised us! You said that it'll be bigger! It's just the same height as the other Preds before your miniature P1. And you're still asking more for it??

HT: Yeah, well, something happened during production so take it up with our factory workers blah blah. Quality Control? Take it up with them as well. I mean, we got the figures that way as well. What can we do? Anyway, it's still a bit taller than P1 since the older Preds are taller as well. And they're about the same height of our Berserker figure, right? Besides, it looks good anyway.

HT Apologists: We agree! HT technically didn't lie. It's just a delivered in a different point-of-view. Besides, the actors weren't that tall to begin with, and prototypes aren't technically the final product blah blah. HT, please ram us from behind because we LOVE it!

[the rest of the scene will be left out due to explicit sexual content]

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

You actually made me laugh dude!

:slap:rotfl Hot Toys response: You will buy our inferior expensive products and not complain...You have no choice...You will buy our inferior expensive products and not complain...You have no choice...You will buy our inferior expensive products and not complain...You have no choice...You will buy our inferior expensive products and not complain...You have no choice...You will buy our inferior expensive products and not complain...You have no choice...You will buy our inferior expensive products and not complain...You have no choice...You will buy our inferior expensive products and not complain...You have no choice...You will buy our inferior expensive products and not complain...You have no choice...

optical_illusion.jpg

We're just a little P.O'd it costs more than the other HT Preds and has less accessories... plus inaccuracies.

And recently, we found out its final selling point isn't really there anymore. He does look good though. I wouldn't have room for a taller figure on my shelf anyway, but this is about principle.

You actually made me laugh dude!

I'd quote it for truth, but it's a fairly big post that's been quoted anyway :).

It is a very good post!

Thanks guys :1-1:

What's wrong with it again?

Uhmm:

1. The head's too small, same goes for the bio.
2. The dreads are too short.
3. The figure has the articulation of a really old grandmother. Really, show me a pose where it looks good other than "standing up".
4. It's not accurate 1:6th representation of the character.
5. It's definitely not worth the price they're asking for, given the height, inaccuracies, and lack of other accessories.
6. This figure shows how much HT thinks that their fan base are mindless drones. And you're proving them right.
7. Did I mention HT lied? And you honestly think that's not wrong?

Honestly, you're just being akin to really stubborn kid who doesn't want to listen despite being proven wrong time and time again :peace

Pretty much, I'd rather it hadn't happened but at least it made for engaging debate.

This :)

:slap:rotfl That's a great set of principles you got there. Buying the figure will show them

Do you want me to get this figure or not?? Trying to impress upon me its coolness with pics on the one hand and highlighting my weakness of will on the other. Make up your mind man!

Honestly, you're just being akin to really stubborn kid who doesn't want to listen despite being proven wrong time and time again :peace

All I notice is that his whole argument consists of reposting pics of the figure. Yeah, that means much. He's no different from that YouTuber who was bashing everyone who thought the Falconer should've had a removable mask and falcon, simply because "at least it looks way better than NECA." Well, no duh, it looks better than NECA.
Does it look good? Yes. Does it look great? Yes. But is it accurate? Not really, no. Is it worth $200 after they secretly shrank it without fixing it before release? Hells, no.

After collecting a few figures from them, you start to have certain expectations of HT. And when they fail to even touch them (when it's not a licensing issue or anything like that), it's pretty disappointing. Even worse when they let us know their only justification for jacking up the price is no longer there -- AFTER the figures have already been shipped. That was low, even for a business.

Do you want me to get this figure or not?? Trying to impress upon me its coolness with pics on the one hand and highlighting my weakness of will on the other. Make up your mind man!

Is it just me or are Reaktwon's arguments becoming more and more trollish? Desperation to defend HT perhaps?

My guess is Reaktwon will take what he can get. So technically, he was right. Buying the figure will show them. And apparently, that's exactly what he'll do. So... I really don't get his argument.

Back