Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like watching one of the shopping channels. Big flashing red text 10 left before it sells out in 30 seconds. Or they have 1 minute to talk fast to advertise it.

Man, i suspect these will be all over on ebay and you could probably pick up the T-1000 head for a fairly reasonably price...i wish i would not have preordered now...but i guess i will still wait and see.

M.

Yeah I was very tempted to buy this just for the T-1000 head, then put just Sarah on the bay (or here) for whoever wanted it at a greatly reduced price.

But I didn't want to risk getting stuck with a figure I don't want, or not getting much back for her and paying essentially a ton of money for just the head.

I'll overpay on eBay I'm sure for just the head, but at least that's more under my control than selling the rest of the figure.

Did anyone ever think that the head might not fit on T-1000?

Im sure a neck adapter could remedy it, but yeah.

Looking forward to this figure very much. Can't wait to check out the hair and see if I need to do any styling of my own to give it the dirty steel mill look. I might also switch one of my T-Sarahs onto one of those newer female true-types so she can wield that shotgun to full effect. The arms on those don't look too bad.

I'm sure you'll have to do your own styling for the steel mill look, i fully expect the figut to ship looking straight and clean like the proto, but I think tweaking it will be easily done.

I'm sure you'll have to do your own styling for the steel mill look, i fully expect the figut to ship looking straight and clean like the proto, but I think tweaking it will be easily done.

That's another thing for the amount of money we're paying for thisthing why are there so many missing details?

The pics have her in the "I'm wounded" limp pose and yet she's perfectly clean. No T-1000 skewer wound, no bullet wound to the leg from the helicopter chase and definitely not enough blood. I mean sure she has that dripping blood on her head but that's definitely not enough or even noticeable.

The molten steel reflection pants are a nice touch but this figure should still have more. Just a little bit of battle damage is all I ask. Without it it makes this thing seem like a cheap rehashed toy that hasbro or mattel would offer as a "unique" convention exclusive, not a high end collectible action figure.

Because they're trying to market it to a broader group. I'm sure they figure some peopel may get just this figure, so they give a little blood on the face to help it be T-1000 Sarah and not just straight Sarah variant, but they tone it down so people don't go, oh I don't want that it's all bloodied up and such. Hot Toys knows about customization, I'm sure they figured on just beating the figure up enough to help justify the variant, but little enough it has value for more than just a very specific look. People who want her fully bloody and call can add it, those that don't can still get the figure in the condition they want.

How would movie accuracy deter anyone interested in this figure? It would be like easing up on the final battle T-800's battle damage or not giving the figure the exposed endo knee.

We have a clean Sarah with the same exact costume. Would anyone complain if this second figure was bloodied up after having the first one? I don't think so. The broader group you're talking about may not like the blood and damage but I don't think that's who they're catering too. They're catering to us. People who complained that the T-800 had a black shirt instead of grey. I can kind of see your point about the blood being over done but she doesn't even have the tourniquet on her leg.

The first thing that came to mind when this spec/photo thread popped up was "barebones". The T-1000 head is great, I'm buying the figure just for that but I'm not going to lie, I would have liked it if Hot Toys actually added some kind of detail to convince me to want to keep the Sarah figure for something other than her head.

This is Sarah at the end of the movie. The T-1000 copied Sarah Connor after she was running, shot in the leg and skewered in the arm. I mean this is Hot Toys we're talking about. A clean figure would be okay if this was from another company but this is taking a kitbash to the limit.

How would movie accuracy deter anyone interested in this figure? It would be like easing up on the final battle T-800's battle damage or not giving the figure the exposed endo knee.

We have a clean Sarah with the same exact costume. Would anyone complain if this second figure was bloodied up after having the first one?

Because HT caters to more than just the small percentage of buyers that gather here at Freaks. While a lot of us want both the original Sarah and this one, there will be plenty who are only going to get one for whatever reason, and if you make this one too specific to a certain look, people who might only get this figure and would pass on the regular one no matter, would then possibly get neither. I'm sure HT's trying to maximize the appeal of the figure to ensure higher sales. Again, they know people will customize things, so for their end, it's better to make the figure more marketable to the most people than to make it more to the liking of a few and possibly lose sales to other people.

Well I for one am getting this one only because I prefer the rooted hair to the molded hair. Plan on making a Regular Sarah as I have no need for a T1000 Sarah.
Because HT caters to more than just the small percentage of buyers that gather here at Freaks. While a lot of us want both the original Sarah and this one, there will be plenty who are only going to get one for whatever reason, and if you make this one too specific to a certain look, people who might only get this figure and would pass on the regular one no matter, would then possibly get neither. I'm sure HT's trying to maximize the appeal of the figure to ensure higher sales. Again, they know people will customize things, so for their end, it's better to make the figure more marketable to the most people than to make it more to the liking of a few and possibly lose sales to other people.

I just can't wait to have them all displayed together. Line complete and done display I mean.

I love the look of this figure as is but I do see Difabio's point. Are there any other examples of HT making a figure 'not quite scene-specific enough' so as to cater to people for whom it might be the only version they buy? If not the question would become why do it here?

So what's the point in having this figure? It represents what, two seconds of the film? Do people want it just to have it as a "battle damage" sarah connor or something?

I want it for the extra Donut head and because it is better looking then the first Sarah Connor hottoys put out... A lot better...

I love the look of this figure as is but I do see Difabio's point. Are there any other examples of HT making a figure 'not quite scene-specific enough' so as to cater to people for whom it might be the only version they buy? If not the question would become why do it here?

Though he was the only version released, Marcus Wright. The BD version didn't have any damage to the chest nor did the jacket have any damage to expose the battle damage on the body.

Quick help please. I ordered 2 of the t-1000 Connors from toy2.net I want to cancel them. Do they allow it? I emailed them 3 minutes ago to do so but is there anyway I can take charge and do it like on sideshow?

Back