Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last I checked, Viking and Alter Ego had the lowest prices on this guy. I've shopped from Alexei (from Viking) before. Very reliable.

:lol

Watch out 16K. The ____ retentives in this thread can't take a joke, even if you go to the trouble of putting an appropriate smiley into the mix. They don't read none too good and they don't like small smiley pictures neither, it seems.

:lol:lol:lol

No, seriously, not such a bad figure. The only thing that make me bash it is because I was slightly sisappointed with it and IMHO, those who think it's one of the best should check it twice! Like I said, not bad but not good either.

However, it makes me seriously hesitate about buying their T2 figure. When they first showed the blade prototype, it was clear from the start that likeness was bad. However, what made me buy it all the same was that the skintone on the prototype, the paint on the hair, the color of the tatoo, well, it was clearly not Snipes but at least a very realistic, almost lifelike portrait.
My greatest desillusion when I opened the box was not the likenss. I knew what to expect! But all the lifelike appearance was apparently due to the photo skills of HT staff. The skin almost looked moist and silky. Here, on the final version, sure, they have improved the likeness a bit (but only a bit!), but all the lifelike appearance is gone! The hair are very plainly rendered. Even the eyes look dead and lack shine!
So I was awed when I saw the pictures of T2, but now I'm having second thoughts... :(

I'd rather have pictures closer to what we'll get than cleverly lighted prototypes that don't live up to their promises. I must also say that it's the first time I'm ever disappointed with a HT product...

:lol:lol:lol

No, seriously, not such a bad figure. The only thing that make me bash it is because I was slightly sisappointed with it and IMHO, those who think it's one of the best should check it twice! Like I said, not bad but not good either.

However, it makes me seriously hesitate about buying their T2 figure. When they first showed the blade prototype, it was clear from the start that likeness was bad. However, what made me buy it all the same was that the skintone on the prototype, the paint on the hair, the color of the tatoo, well, it was clearly not Snipes but at least a very realistic, almost lifelike portrait.
My greatest desillusion when I opened the box was not the likenss. I knew what to expect! But all the lifelike appearance was apparently due to the photo skills of HT staff. The skin almost looked moist and silky. Here, on the final version, sure, they have improved the likeness a bit (but only a bit!), but all the lifelike appearance is gone! The hair are very plainly rendered. Even the eyes look dead and lack shine!
So I was awed when I saw the pictures of T2, but now I'm having second thoughts... :(

I'd rather have pictures closer to what we'll get than cleverly lighted prototypes that don't live up to their promises. I must also say that it's the first time I'm ever disappointed with a HT product...

Well, i've looked at Blade more than twice, and all I see is a very bad ass action figure. And having owned over 100 high end figures, I think I know what I'm talking about. No doubt The Terminator will be just as nice if not better.

Why Chigger?...explain the reason you have chosen this screen name?.

I've had this nickname pretty much since I was 8 years old and it was given to me by my brothers.

They were born in Iowa and myself in Idaho after my family had moved here. I guess they thought growing up that I was like a chigger and always got under their skin or annoyed them. That probably was the case then.

You know what a chigger insect is right? Nasty little things.....if you think a mosquito bite is bad....chigger's are horrible.

I chose the 58, not that Chigger is hard to get for a screen name, but because of the late great Derrick Thomas of the Kansas City Chiefs. Greatest LB to play the game, IMO of course.

That about sums it up.

Last edited:
just got blade and comedian IMO both bad ass figure .. HOT TOYS just keep getting better and better every release

Last edited:
Well, i've looked at Blade more than twice, and all I see is a very bad ass action figure. And having owned over 100 high end figures, I think I know what I'm talking about. No doubt The Terminator will be just as nice if not better.

Gonna agree. I have the Hot Toys box right behind my figure and compared to the picture on the front it looks absolutely like Snipes. One of the best figures I own and arguably one of the best this year.

But all the lifelike appearance was apparently due to the photo skills of HT staff. The skin almost looked moist and silky. Here, on the final version, sure, they have improved the likeness a bit (but only a bit!), but all the lifelike appearance is gone! The hair are very plainly rendered.

It's not the photo skills. The quality of the prototype in the front page is due in part to it being a one-off of its type painted exclusively by HT's wunderkind painter JC Hong. One should expect that the final quality of the mass produced figure wouldn't look 100% the same.

Apparently, that's what you expected, though I don't understand the foundation of which you built those expectations. In my opinion, there has never been a final HT figure that looks exactly like the prototype in official pics. Not one. Some come very close, but usually there's a variable factor affecting that, like Joker's make-up. Wolverine also comes close.

HT's paint apps are still miles ahead of almost anyone else in this scale, though some companies are inching up closer and closer. If Blade isn't one of their best, then show me one that does better (compared to its own proto, of course).

Some people forget these are hand painted AND mass produced when comparing it to the proto. By the nature of hand painted each on will vary very very subtly and by the nature of it being mass produced the time and effort which was put in to the proto cannot be given if they want to make release dates in the next decade after the intial announcement.

In the case of the Joker I never even compared it to the proto once I had it in hand as it looked so good and I didn't care if it was different, it still isn't better from the looks.

Just received Blade....this figure is awesome! Count me in the group who feels this is a fantastic sculpt of Snipes.

HT's paint apps are still miles ahead of almost anyone else in this scale, though some companies are inching up closer and closer. If Blade isn't one of their best, then show me one that does better (compared to its own proto, of course).

From figures I've seen so far, the only one that comes close is Wolverine IMO. My Blade won't arrive until Tuesday...I can't wait to display them side by side and take some pics.

I think Hot Toys really dropped the ball on the likeness here. I have the Hot Toys headsculpt and the Toy Biz headscuplt, and the Toy Biz one wins hands down in the likeness department. The paint is not as nice as HT, but the Toy Biz likeness is fantastic. I am not sure if it is true, but I have heard that the Toy Biz head was created from a 3-D scan of Snipes' head.

The best Blade figure for me is the Toy Biz head on the HT body/gear.

22-1.jpg

Wow do we really need to debate this??? I think not Hottoys wins for scuplt and paint...

I think Hot Toys really dropped the ball on the likeness here. I have the Hot Toys headsculpt and the Toy Biz headscuplt, and the Toy Biz one wins hands down in the likeness department. The paint is not as nice as HT, but the Toy Biz likeness is fantastic. I am not sure if it is true, but I have heard that the Toy Biz head was created from a 3-D scan of Snipes' head.

The best Blade figure for me is the Toy Biz head on the HT body/gear.

Dude seriously :confused: his head looks like its been hit by a truck, then someone done bad surgery with a wooden spoon on him :monkey1

Back