Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Watch out 16K. The ____ retentives in this thread can't take a joke, even if you go to the trouble of putting an appropriate smiley into the mix. They don't read none too good and they don't like small smiley pictures neither, it seems.

Guys I can't say enough good things about this figure. I have several Hot Toys figs so I never thought I could be impressed by anything they do just because for the most part it's always great (Big Chap issue excluded) but I am so impressed with everything about this figure that I'm blown away. I normally just get Aliens & Preds but this is by far my favorite figure. Absolutely awesome piece and I highly recommend it!

Listen not to the have-nots. If this figure had PERS eyes, it really could have been considered a DX quite easily, it comes with so much good stuff.

This is more a DX than MJ Bad, as it stands. My two cents.

Who are these" have-nots" you speak of, and why should we not listen to them? What are they saying anyway?

Wicked figure now all we need is some from Blade Trinity like King, Whistler and Whistler's daughter

No, IMO we need nothing from Blade Trinity. I try to imagine that movie never happened.

Blade 2 however, yes....bring them on. Have to have a vampire!

Just got my tracking number today from Alter Ego, it will be here next week.

Next week is going to rock, I'm so excited. Along with the Blade I have IM Mark I and a Kotobukiya Batman statue coming! Psyched! Better start rearranging the Detolfs!

Nothing cheap about this guy. One of the nicest figures I own.

BTW, thanks for showing that pic of Hellboy. Now I'm really pissed I didn't pick that up from gohastings.com when they had that sale going. :(

Nice shot though, looks great!

Why Chigger?...explain the reason you have chosen this screen name?.

Exactly!! :lol glad you agree!
Exactly what? I asked something, not stated something. :slap Doh! I'm supposed to be hiding. :lol

Well now you've drawn me out in the open. I'll say this. I can see why, and stated so earlier, why the clothes could look cheap. I didn't say they were cheap. The clothes are pretty much the same material as Medicoms version. Glossy and reflective somewhat, although Medicoms coat is even thinner. Marvels version, at least of the coat, is very thick, but it's matte and more natural looking, as far as looking like leather.

You or someone else will probably want to kick me for saying so, but, as others have stated in other threads, probably because they want to avoid the backlash in this one, reckon Marvels laser scan captures Snipes's look a little better, although much less detailed in it's execution. So yes, I do agree. Overall, HT's Blade is worthy of the excitement it's generated.

It's all in good game. I don't particularly disagree with you on those latter points, creech. I actually agree. Granted, I've never actually seen the old Marvels scanned head sculpt in person, but from what I've seen in photos it is quite accurate, although its nature as a result of a 3D scan would provide that much.

I don't think the clothes look cheap. The jacket feels like it is of high quality materials and craftsmanship, it's just that the nature (to use the term once again) of the former often betrays its quality. Unfortunate, but would I have been happier if HT had gone with a vinyl material for the jacket? I dunno. The pants are vinyl, right? Those look quite nice. The jacket never bothered me in person, and I've been in possession of many a figure with a faux-leather overcoat or jacket.

I just agreed with Shai because the same thought came to my mind when I first saw the official pics, but that wasn't going to stop me getting it. Blade is cool and it can't be denied that HT Blade is the coolest version of the lot.

Things I don't like about HT Blade are the slack way the accessories tray is placed in the box. Much the same as the Martian attacks, with the tray taped into the bottom. I hope this doesn't signal a trend. The use of velcroe. That just signals cheap to me and an easy out, but doesn't affect his look in this case, like Wolverines fly does on my figure. It works, but I find it annoying just because it's there. The three buckles should be on the vest, not one on the belt. You can't pull up his collar either. They're just very minor gripes. Nothing that affects the slick job HT did.

Shai says it like it is (well, to him). I was being somewhat facetious in my replies.

I dislike the shoe boxes HT has been used for Wolverine and Blade. I'd be disappointed if it were used on future HT Marvel figures.

I don't have any feelings on either side in regards to velcro being used, so I can't really comment on it. As long as they don't use the 'magic tape' like they did on John Connor.

The sword should be metal. Wish it were.

Back