1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing them both in those pics the training armour sculpt being used on the JL figure looks so much better.

Still hoping we get a new head with sculpted hair for one of these WW figures.

I'm kinda hoping for a different one too, but I don't hate it.

On a side note, since you are obviously a fan of Underworld, for someone who hasn't watched any of these films, but thinking about it, are there any you would skip if you were recommending the franchise to someone?

Question: Does the JL version come with the same sword and shield as the BvS version?

And is it just me, or is the JL version missing a section of her skirt in the front compared to the BVS version too?

I don't know man, the movies aren't that great but the franchise is a guilty pleasure of mine. I say watch Underworld and Underworld Evolution, if you don't like those than the others you definitely won't like. But for me to say "Yes watch them all, they're amazing" would be me being not very truthful.

I don't know man, the movies aren't that great but the franchise is a guilty pleasure of mine. I say watch Underworld and Underworld Evolution, if you don't like those than the others you definitely won't like. But for me to say "Yes watch them all, they're amazing" would be me being not very truthful.

Ha!:lol Thanks for the honesty! You, know a little junk food every once in a while isn't such a bad thing. I don't have any expectations that they are amazing movies, still they have generated a following and they have made a number of movies so I just wondered what was "good" about it from someone who enjoyed them understanding that "good" is in the context of the perhaps the movies being just fun B-movies or cult classics.

It's like making a Christmas "wish list:" I hope Hot Toys makes a better, more accurate head sculpt with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th et pass at this figure!!!! Hell they get the male figures right the first time each time (Superman to James Franco-the sculpts are perfect from the start). So what's up with that? Maybe Hot Toys (regardless of the $250+ per figure), has a hard time with rooted hair? But HTS have copied several tricks and trades from other 1/6 scale toy companies. Nobody on an action figure awareness forum will want to talk Barbie. However, Mattel is the no. #1 top selling 1/6 scale toy company on earth. You know why? They care about their product and their consumers. A high end, collectable silkstone Barbie ($150+) is made of a durable material, can be thrown against the wall, used as a self-defense weapon, then returned perfectly to the shelf. And it's hair will still be perfect. All HTs has to do is pick up the WW BARBIE doll that comes with the black cape, open the box, look at the doll's hair and copy the format. Bingo-good quality rooted hair. I love Hot Toys but sometimes the quality of their offerings aren't worth the cost. When Mattel is producing a better 1/6 scale version: Step it up.

Ha!:lol Thanks for the honesty! You, know a little junk food every once in a while isn't such a bad thing. I don't have any expectations that they are amazing movies, still they have generated a following and they have made a number of movies so I just wondered what was "good" about it from someone who enjoyed them understanding that "good" is in the context of the perhaps the movies being just fun B-movies or cult classics.

Underworld movies are silly but fun i agree. First 2 are the bes though.

I want this figure to be so great. Just watched the movie for the first time since the theater and it has so much heart.

They really need to fix the tiaras on these figures and make them smoother and sleeker like they should be. Those extra groove marks are way too heavy and obvious for the later movies, and just overall they seem a bit too flat. Hell, even in BvS you could make out more of the underlying design.

hjjkkk.JPG
Wonder-Woman-Gal-Gadot-Justice-League.jpg

Worst case scenario, if this never makes it to PO, it can always be kitbashed. Just use either the BvS or JL figure with whichever one is the better sculpt (all signs point to that being the JL one), pick up the shield and sword parted out from the TA figure, and use the Barbie cloak. Done.

Harness of course would be over the incorrect shoulder, but eh, whatever. Or does she have the harness back over her right shoulder again in JL? I can't recall off the top of my head.

Ah ok. Wasn't sure if that was WW or JL.

JL figure then with a parted out shield and sword from the TA figure and the Barbie cloak. Viola, you have the WW version of WW.

i wonder if this will even come out at this point- should have hit as movie came out- plus JL version right around corner

Don't think there is/will be any DC stuff. SS posted a list of what will be on display and the HT section consisted only of Star Wars and Marvel.

YES!

They're gonna be making a bunch of Wonder Women any way, it'd be great if they could make one with sculpted hair. Experiment with it, by doing swap out hair pieces. People would buy it, and it would look good out of the box.

Take it a step further and put it on a body without the "seamless" rubber, so people can pose it dynamically too! There are so many shots of the figure in museum poses or near museum poses in the BvS WW thread. It's boring.

As a new collector this is what I'm most worried about. I enjoy "playing" with my toys. Putting them in action poses and what not, is much rather have showing joints that will last than have a seamless body that will crack. I also am not a fan of rooted hair unless it comes out of the box looking good. I'm paying $200 I don't want have to do any work for my figure to look good and want to be able to pose it without worrying about cracking it.

Back