1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely agree with you guys. Enjoyed a movie recently? Go find the movie thread and they'll tell you why you should hate it :lol

Figure threads are where it's at. That is, unless you're a PT figure like Anakin, then you're screwed no matter where you go.

As I like to say with Star Wars: nobody hates Star Wars more than die hard fans of Star Wars. :lol

They seem to find more reasons to hate the films rather than be entertained by them.

:lol:lol

I made the mistake of looking in those threads after the Wonder Woman movie came out. Was shocked by the negativity and all round cynicism. Can't even imagine what that place was like in the days and weeks after BvS was released. :lol

I was surprised to see how many people thought WW was meh-"just ok". I thought the mood on this forum would've more closely resembled the BO performance. It's still rockin' at the BO so I guess some folks out there think it's better than just ok

I think I'd say Wonder Woman is my favourite Super Hero film. I didn't really know much about her or think much of her other than my little sister really liking her - I thought the trailers were great and I love DC's films so I thought I'd like it, but I came out loving it. It hit every beat extremely well, had enough emotional impact, enough freshness to the genre, the action was superb, extremely well cast and paced, and she was written incredibly well. The biggest example of how well the film was made is the build up to the No Man's Land scene, there was enough visual suspence and rising tensions leading all the way through that part; ending with the woman telling her about their trapped village. It could have gone badly here, but the way they made Diana take in all the wrong that was happening and everyone ignoring it out of fear and other duties to the point where she feels she has to lead and do the right thing, showing herself as Wonder Woman for the first time was incredible to see in the cinema.

Then followed by the actual No Man's Land with the high sweeping music, not finishing just there but leading to a superbly shot clearance of the village was phenomenal. It took her character from a compassionate, naive and out of touch warrior to being Wonder Woman. I don't think many films have encapsulated their characters as well as this film did for Wonder Woman.

I really hope going into the sequel they know all the elements that made it such a strong film.

The action in the movie was definitely amazing, but for me the more most memorable scene continues to be (Spoiler!) the one after she kills the General and realizes that it hasn't stopped the war. Even though we could see it coming, her conversation with Trevor, and realization that humanity is deeply flawed and the one really responsible for these atrocities, just felt surprisingly real and honest for a superhero movie.

....her conversation with Trevor, and realization that humanity is deeply flawed and the one really responsible for these atrocities

This is what resonated with me the most as well, because it played on the same themes that BvS did and tied it in with Superman's sacrifice and ultimately the founding of the JL.

Initially thinking that mankind is beautiful and that she needs to help save them because Ares is the one doing all of this (WWI) to them, WW comes to the revelation through Steve that humans are indeed fallible; combined with Ares also convincing her that mankind is selfish, weak and unworthy of help by attempting to use Dr. Poison as an example of this. However, through Steve's actions and compassion, she also realizes that there is hope for mankind and that there are reasons to continue fighting for it because in the midst of the darkness, there is indeed light. She realized it was worth saving through the selfless actions of a human themselves; that they're not all "bad".

Similarly, Superman after MoS thought that the world would just accept him and be grateful for his actions in defeating Zod and welcome both him and his help with open arms. However, he begins to realize that everything Jonathan warned him about is indeed coming true and what the ramifications are for his actions and existence, and realizes that perhaps mankind isn't what he initially thought it was. However, despite all of this, he (with the guidance of Jonathan's voice in his head) realizes through Lois that there is indeed light in the darkness, that mankind is indeed worth fighting for and that there is hope for it. Because of this, he is willing to make the play that needs to be made at that moment; even if it means sacrificing himself.

Batman also has a similar story arc to both WW and Superman, in that he initially set out to do good and thought that his actions would rid Gotham of crime for good, but he eventually realized that no matter how hard he tried, he was essentially a gardner in a yard overrun by weeds, where no matter how much he tried to pull them out, one just grew back in its place. No matter how many criminals he caught, another one just took its place. It just wasn't worth it anymore to him because the number of bad people seemed to outnumber the good. He had failed in what he set out to do. However, seeing a God-like being who he initially perceived as an enemy make the sacrificial play for a world that he can easily rule, was what he needed to realize that perhaps it is worth it to continue fighting for good and to not give up.

With WW, in her solo film, she saw Steve, a human, make the sacrificial play out of love for her ("I realized that only love can save the world"). Now to see someone of her equal or possibly even greater also make the sacrificial play because he felt that it was worth making for mankind, and to see that he too was loved by seeing someone (Lois) weeping over his loss, just as she had wept for Steve, inspired her and also inspired Batman.

All three of the marquee JL characters all come from different backgrounds, but in a way, all took the exact same path by having the same arc to their stories through enduring the same tribulations, conflicts, struggles and trials that tested their fortitude, albeit through different scenarios, to get to where they are now and unite to fight for the same common cause. Despite what many think, I personally think that's great character development and maturity.

This is what resonated with me the most as well, because it played on the same themes that BvS did and tied it in with Superman's sacrifice and ultimately the founding of the JL.

Initially thinking that mankind is beautiful and that she needs to help save them because Ares is the one doing all of this (WWI) to them, WW comes to the revelation through Steve that humans are indeed fallible; combined with Ares also convincing her that mankind is selfish, weak and unworthy of help by attempting to use Dr. Poison as an example of this. However, through Steve's actions and compassion, she also realizes that there is hope for mankind and that there are reasons to continue fighting for it because in the midst of the darkness, there is indeed light. She realized it was worth saving through the selfless actions of a human themselves; that they're not all "bad".

Similarly, Superman after MoS thought that the world would just accept him and be grateful for his actions in defeating Zod and welcome both him and his help with open arms. However, he begins to realize that everything Jonathan warned him about is indeed coming true and what the ramifications are for his actions and existence, and realizes that perhaps mankind isn't what he initially thought it was. However, despite all of this, he (with the guidance of Jonathan's voice in his head) realizes through Lois that there is indeed light in the darkness, and that mankind is indeed worth fighting for and that there is hope for it. Because of this, he is willing to make the play that needs to be made at that moment; even if it means sacrificing himself.

Batman also has a siimlar story arc to both WW and Superman, in that he initially set out to do good and thought that his actions would rid Gotham of crime for good, but he eventually realized that no matter how hard he tried, he was essentially a gardner in a yard overrun by weeds, where no matter how much he tried to pull them out, one just grew back in its place. No matter how many criminals he caught, another one just took its place. It just wasn't worth it anymore to him because the number of bad people seemed to outnumber the good. He had failed in what he set out to do. However, seeing a God-like being who he initially perceived as an enemy make the sacrificial play for a world that he can easily rule, was what he needed to realize that perhaps it is worth it to continue fighting for good and to not give up.

With WW, in her solo film, she saw a human make the sacrificial play. Now seeing someone of her equal or possibly even greater also make the sacrificial play because he felt that it was worth making for mankind and to see that he was loved by seeing someone (Lois) weeping over his loss ("I realized that only love can save the world"), inspired both her and Batman.

All three of the marquee JL characters all come from different backgrounds, but in a way, all took the exact same path by having the same arc to their stories through enduring the same tribulations, conflicts, struggles and trials that tested their fortitude, albeit through different scenarios, to get to where they are now and unite to fight for the same common cause. Despite what many think, I personally think that's great character development and maturity.

And, not to be that guy, although I'm going, you have encapsulated why all the DC films are better than Marvel. They delve deeply into who their characters are in a really interesting way.

It goes way, way over my head how people rag on BvS, and especially Batman - "That's not who Batman is', 'Snyder Murderverse', etc. No, they're doing great takes of characters that we've not seen on film before - I don't want to see all the same stories with the same type of Batman from every film ever, I'm interested to know a world in which Batman, with some history woven into the story, has succumbed to everything he set out to achieve and how it was futile and impacted him. Throw into the mix an alien, Superman, who has the power to kill who he wants and cause mass destruction threatening and destroying what Batman stands for... that's what I want to see.

As I said, you encapsulated those films well with your writing, SilverStar.

Yeah I have my issues with BvS, but the characterization of Batman was never a problem for me, since the movie makes quite clear that his more violent streak is only a recent development due to the events we see at the start of the movie (and not how he's just always been in this universe). Obviously he goes a bit off the rails in the course of the film, but by the end we see that he's returned to being the more honorable Batman we would expect him to be.

I'm gonna go for the black cloak (yes a custom cloak) and put it on the BvS Wonder Woman, The official hot toys release will be five times better, but that probably won't be out for a year plus, so, for the one other person besides me who is interested, here's how it's going:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trimmed inner extra fabric near the neck and shoulders, cut away the excess fur like stuff off from behind the neck so that it will fit more properly to the neck and shoulder area:

df28fd54099e3f9d987332917d528212.png

e5e34a4678cd39c514ad69a02ac7eae3.png

b00362664e57833ec7030258dc3ed47d.png

It's an improvement. I bought two of the black label Barbie Wonder Woman's, the purpose of that being besides needing 2 God Killer swords, was I knew I would need 2 of the black cloaks, in order to make one proper one for the hot toys figure, because the Barbie figure does not have a hood, hence, the material must be exactly the same or it's not gonna look right (actually no matter what I do it most likely won't look right, but I got to try), here are some tests just to see what it "may" look like a very roughly:

f9ad0a8ff3ce8811767c4f6cbf4cf9e9.png

1f735a411ab01836f882fcb4b72e5aed.png

003c0fe81cfb1092781e0d684cd76902.png

64fd9633507f93b956d8e4fc8b721d77.png

d2777a9a2a1fa82069074aa57abb84e9.jpg

Is this a guaranteed release btw? I'm probably going to cancel my BvS one.

Trimmed inner extra fabric near the neck and shoulders, cut away the excess fur like stuff off from behind the neck so that it will fit more properly to the neck and shoulder area:

df28fd54099e3f9d987332917d528212.png

e5e34a4678cd39c514ad69a02ac7eae3.png

b00362664e57833ec7030258dc3ed47d.png

It's an improvement. I bought two of the black label Barbie Wonder Woman's, the purpose of that being besides needing 2 God Killer swords, was I knew I would need 2 of the black cloaks, in order to make one proper one for the hot toys figure, because the Barbie figure does not have a hood, hence, the material must be exactly the same or it's not gonna look right (actually no matter what I do it most likely won't look right, but I got to try), here are some tests just to see what it "may" look like a very roughly:

f9ad0a8ff3ce8811767c4f6cbf4cf9e9.png

1f735a411ab01836f882fcb4b72e5aed.png

003c0fe81cfb1092781e0d684cd76902.png

64fd9633507f93b956d8e4fc8b721d77.png

d2777a9a2a1fa82069074aa57abb84e9.jpg

God I hope the standalone movie figure doesn't come with this sculpt, those teeth are ridiculous.

Last edited:
Nice cloak @faststreetsofhongkong

Here's my attempt on the cloak.

View attachment 358177

View attachment 358178

View attachment 358179

Thanks not an "attempt", that's pretty awesome.

I'm gonna try running ultra thin black wire throughout the outer seam of the hood, for pose ability, etc. I am very inspired by the work that Hot Toys did on the Return of the Jedi Luke cloak (The material on that is so thin I don't think they used the wire), that prototype looks incredible.

1d97d7c04f61dd36c74e34937701c9c1.png
a764465e1e02c8f678fd630d04440096.png

The thing is in the end, I doubt I will rarely, if ever, pose her with the hood up, because we all know that we're going to do this pose most of the time:

33e0320af0f95be1467011848f55074a.jpg

Back