1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I have yet to get mine but it's only 6.30 AM in HK right now. Crossing fingers i'll get it before the end of the day.

Just got the email from Sideshow that my final payment is processing on the 8th. Looking forward to getting Qui-Gon in hand. Kinda considering paying off the rest of my Maul figure since he’s already in-stock.

Got my invoices Thursday at what would have been 4am Hong Kong time.

Different culture, work times etc.

As expected, i was invoiced earlier today (around noon HK time). Now crossing fingers Hot Toys will expand their PT offer with a Padawan Obi-Wan and more.

Yeah can't say I'm feeling too excited about getting mine either right now, due to the bland and generic looking sculpt. But much like ROTS Obi-Wan it'll probably still work well enough on display.

I'm in agreement I probably won't pick this up. Waiting for a Mace Windu to pair with AOTC Yoda

I?ve had this a week for about a week or so......still hasn?t won me over. Not catchin the good vibes

I totally understand that feeling. I felt the same when I got the V1 ROTJ Luke. Had it for a month or so then sold it b/c I just did not like the sculpt in-hand nor the fit of the suit.

the sculpt is my issue as well...it isn't working for me....

It's okay incertain lighting.
I have a "parts bin" Qui Gon figure(And don't have the cash for the HT one), so i picked up the head and boots from a facebook group and feel a lot better about my ?70 outlay than i would if i had to pay full figure price, lol.

I?ve had this a week for about a week or so......still hasn?t won me over. Not catchin the good vibes

I felt the same way about Ripley. SOLD her a few month after.
I have not purchased a HT in 2020 and if there was a prospect it would have been Qui Gon. I might pass and keep my money for DAM TOYS Golden Godfather.

Am still looking forward to getting him. Looks good to me, and probably the only Qui-Gon ever of this quality.

Liam Neeson made a great Jedi. He's one of my new SW outlier figs, 'coz I like the character.

I agree that this is more than likely the only stab at Qui-Gon we're going to see HT take (or any other High-End 1:6 scale company for that matter)

He looks good (not great) in the photos and videos I've seen. Still want the figure very much.

(And yes, Bo...I agree about Ripley..at the time it felt like the longest wait ever and once we got it....meh. Couldn't bring myself to part with her though)

Back