Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried my best but couldn't get the right shot (like one of the bros did in previous post)
f81fa0cdd235ec2ec695a6878d3dab30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow my Instagram: mirai_ernest

Second that. How do you find the helmet? Mine was full of stain when I unbox the toy; guess the factory just rushed the production batches for this. Arggh :(

My helmet is fine but my back armor isnt in the best condition out of the box.

Argh felt short changed, the visor is cloudy and the cheeks area have fingerprints on it.

Send it back. You deserve the best quality product if you are paying what they charge for these.

Manage to clear away much of the tarnishing and stains, phew~ The helmet looks much crispy now!
336f661b93284476283d8c1710f47c4e.jpg

51d3ee71e001a7b50686bc11706b95e7.jpg

Looks Great Mirai :clap how did you manage to get rid of the stains?

Haha thanks! I used one of those "special sponges" that my mum bought locally. These sponge has some kind of chemical which can remove stubborn stain; mostly used to remove algae stain on floors. All you have to do is to dip the sponge in water and apply (by rubbing) to the affected area. Well at least the helmet looks cleaner now compared to the 1st time when I unbox the tie pilot.

Send it back. You deserve the best quality product if you are paying what they charge for these.

You are quick to say send it back when it's possible for the person to fix the issue. And people complain about rising costs for these figures.

I really like mine but he could have really used some sort of accessory. He has a blaster with no holster or magnetic attachment so he either holds it or not. He came with a special gripping hand but there's no reason to use it. I wonder if Hot Toys had something planned but scrapped it?

I have mine in an "at ease" pose with hands behind his back. Maybe I'll try the Starkiller base speech pose, where all the troops did their First Order salute with their fist in the air.

mine new collection with Hot Toys MMS 324

I'll change accurate filter and metal clip parts soon

25814112956_69a8c7e103_b.jpg

The "special forces stripes" don't actually exist on the real costume!

They were caused by a reflection on the mask of red lights on the console in front of the TIE pilot when filming

There were very few actual pictures available pre release of TFA, everything was top secret

Perhaps the toy companies were given the early pictures and an urban myth was born!

Back